Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: G2 Signal issues?

Device(s)
    Motorola W490
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

G2 Signal issues?

I was wondering if anyone else was having issues with the phone completely loosing all signals? After rebooting ill get a full signal again. Whats up with this??

Device(s)
    Android ADP1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My G2 replaces my ADP1 (G1). I live in a pretty fringe T-mobile signal area.

While the ADP1 would stick around 1-2 bars and occasionally go to zero bars, the G2 seems to vacillate between no bars and 2-3 bars and has No-Signal much more frequently than the ADP1. So far, I'm disappointed with the signal strength.

I'm hoping they'll release the Wi-Fi calling application soon.

--Jim--

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; T-Mobile G2 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1(KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I had no signal issues at all and was going to post that but this morning I lost service altogther three times and it bounced back up to four bars. It happened over the course of fifteen minutes and hasn't happened before or since.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    mine doesnt loose signal, it actually holds onto 3g better than my other HTC phones, although it does like to loose data connectivity sometimes.. i'm hoping a firmware update fixes that.
    Left: Verizon Unlimited LTE, Right: WideOpenWest 500/50

Device(s)
    i communicate via shortwave radio
    Carrier(s)
    well they tried to trademark a color
    Feedback Score
    none at all!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Oscillating/losing the network so much and it never coming back until a reboot like that sounds like a radio issue. I'm going to look at the G2 next to my Vibrant on JI6(fixed bars/great reception).
    Bye!

Device(s)
    N1 & G2 next up=Samsung Tab
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Cool #blamewes (everyone else does)

Saw the dreaded "x" next to "no bars" twice today. I was running a lot of speed tests sitting stationary next to a cell site, and was confounded by the condition. The first time it recovered on it's own, the second time I power cycled the phone. Next time I'll try toggling the airplane mode.

On another occasion, a live wallpaper froze on me. Force closing the app from the "manage applications" screen fixed it.
    Unplugged Since 1999

Device(s)
    Motorola W490
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    anyone else having this issue yet?...I loose data connection every time i surf the net.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    mine just seems to have flaky 3g signal, i had 2 bars of 3g today inside of a building and was unable to do anything until i turned the phone off/on and then it was working fine on 2g.

Device(s)
    G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I find it's easier/quicker to either toggle airplane mode or re-select the carrier when I know I'm in a good signal area. Had the same problem with G1.

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score

Exclamation G2 problems here as well

My old G1 worked as a phone and for data access, although not that fast.

My new G2 drops calls left and right, and misses calls as well. I estimate that it drops calls every 5 minutes, and misses 50% of all calls. Frequently I'll get a voicemail when the phone didn't ring and it had 4 bars.

Data speed on HSPA with 4 bars is approx 800k download, and 1.5M upload. Rarely does it get above 1MB download.

I called t-mo and got a new G2 to replace the other somewhat new G2. Same issues.

I have tried 2 different sim cards, and this is before and after the OTA update. Same issues.

Oh, and the phone switches between H, E, and G all the time. just sitting on my desk.

Don't know what to do???

Device(s)
    Moto Z Play with Mophie battery pack (VZW)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I haven't had ANY signal issues that you guys are talking about. Coverage is spotty in my area and where my Blackberry lost signal, my G2 does too but that's to be expected.

It sounds like a radio issue to be honest.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile/Voicestream,
    Feedback Score
    you guys can also try enter this on the dial pad for improve 4G/3G speeds

*#*#4636#*#*
    Tap "phone information"
    scroll to the bottom and by default it should be "WCDMA preferred"
    tap and select "WCDMA only"

this will only connect you to the strongest 3G/4G signal towers that Tmobile has.
    --- here is my HoFo feedback ---
    my SE hbh-pv705 review

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

(\__/)
    (o.O )
    (> < )

Feedback Score
    This phone is a piece of swamp trash.

I've had it for two months and I loved it when I was naive to it and first got it.

Just ****ing terrible now that I know and have used it a lot.

So many issues.

Having the same issues as the OP. Phone sometimes loses connection to data altogether in a relatively strong H area.

It cycles from E to G to H to nothing just sitting on a desk and when walking from room to room in areas where my friend with a T Mob Blackberry gets solid consistent service.

Sometimes have to power off the phone to regain any service outside voice.

Horribly tinny sounding on calls.

Live wallpapers freeze often.

Blank screen with nothing but wallpaper (no icons) for literally ten seconds after closing something often.

Speaker phone is iguana ****.

Camera is just atrocious anywhere but outside on a sunny day. Cannot stress how absolutely failtacular it is for a phone of this price range and supposed tier level.

Battery lasts literally 9 to 10 hours after full charge with honest to god moderate use.

The email is just absolutely horrendous, I mean I want to kick puppies through plate glass windows into bonfires.
    Never syncs correct.
    I could delete 20 emails in my phone and 3 hours later they're still in my inbox when I log in on a laptop.
    Sending emails is all around spotty, they basically go through when they feel like and disappear altogether from the account when they don't want to go through.
    Constant "connection lost" in the outbox or send box when attempting to send, even on WiFi with terrific connection.
    WILL NOT ALLOW TO SEND ANY EMAIL WITH ATTACHMENTS INCLUDING AS SIMPLE AS PICS FROM PHONE!

A lot of apps force close on the regular including standard issue ones that are installed on the phone when you receive it.

I can't stress how badly I want to smash this phone into the cold winter pavement, run it over with a Hummer, tie a M-80 to it and throw it lit into a river.

Anyone else feeling the same?

I honestly loved this phone for the first couple weeks, not I want to set it on fire.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile/Voicestream,
    Feedback Score
    ^ yup i have the same problem. But try flashing to different roms it may help a bit.

For me in the end i still end up using the stock rom even if i have to deal with this BS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast