Thread: Why are LG phones made so cheaply?

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score

Why are LG phones made so cheaply?

They break easily and are made out of cheap plastic..... no quality at all.... This is from experience.

Feedback Score
    Generally, cheap production would be for two reasons:

1. Maximizing profit
    2. Reducing retail cost

LG, like all companies, are out to make money. If they can increase their profit, and/or reduce the cost of a phone at retail, they often will. Reducing retail cost will increase sales, and if profit margins are high due to low production costs, this is a win-win situation. Lower quality is a minor set back.

Personally I have only purchased my first LG phone a few weeks ago, and find it a little worrying to read a post like this one, but so far my phone has seemed fairly well built.

Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    well with my lg cell phone it worked great for about a month and then after that it went down hill. it stopped getting signal and sending my messages and roamed a lot and its speaker phone didnt work properly (neither did the music player) and my internet browser messed up (it said something about HTML error and i had to click on something like 50 times before it would work)

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    They are just made this way. There are every type of customers in out market and LG target market is basically those who looks for mobiles on less rate.
    They have introduced cheap rate mobiles by compromising the quality. Thats what could be the reason.

Device(s)
    retired: LG Shine Flip LG8700
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I am currently using an almost 2 year old LG Shine flip phone, with which I have not had a single problem ever. The battery still holds as good of a charge as when I first got it, web browser works as good as you can expect from an old dumb phone, the bluetooth still works. It runs 24/7 and its in my pocket all day at work, so it gets a fair share of wear and tear.

My girlfriend has an LG Voyager which is just shy of a year old, but she drops it all the time (clumsy) and there are no good cases available. Her phone looks like it's 3 times as old as mine, scratched and chipped but the touch screen and hinge are still fine and it still works fine.

So in my experience with these 2 phones and a few others (several cheap LG Rumours) they seem to hold up pretty well.
    That being said LG typically sells a lot of lower end phones, and the cheaper the phone the lower the build quality will usually be.

Feedback Score
    I feel so lucky... whatever phone I have it last with no problem... I got an LG phone for a couple of years, bought it from timtechs and was able to sell it for an upgrade... For me I believe its how you use and take care of it..

Device(s)
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    you can say this about every company out there, each one makes some lower end phones that are cheaper.period.
    this has also not been my experience either, as u can see i have had my share of phones. and i have had the LG KP500 cookie one of my favorite phones to date! i also had the GD510 pop which i liked less. and the LG km900 arena. i am now using the LG optimus knwon at rogers as loop, and i just upgraded it from 1.6 to 2.1 android and again this is a great phone, and definitely does not feel cheap in any way.
    Phones using: Honor Play 6GB 128GB,wife using LG G7 One, son using iPhone XR,daughter using iPhone XR, Youngest son using Xiaomi Redmi 5.

Device(s)
    Nokia E75
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    LG is a great manufacturer brand, but their cell phones are terrible! I had one from experience and had to get like 2 or 3 new ones.

Feedback Score
    LG products fare better in home appliances than cell phones. The home appliances are durable and I prefer LG over other brands but when it comes to cell phones, I find the quality very cheap with not so attractive features. Nokia tops the chart but I'd want to own a good LG handset if they ever launch one, my LG range then would become complete.