Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: trying to get an airave.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

trying to get an airave.

I just spoke to a customer service rep via the sprint online chat , i explained that the original within my house was virtually non-existent without roaming. i was informed that there was nothing that could be done about it , so i asked about the airave and he told me to contact technical support. After contacting technical support i still had no answer's to my initial question about how to get an airave. - so is my best bet going to a sprint store or contacting the retention's department? . . . iv'e read articles elsewhere about retention's giving them to premier customer's for free but iv'e also heard of sprint stores charging out the a** for the airave unit. - so any valuable input would be appreciated. ( if it helps the location for witch i am in is 17257)
    Verizon Lte.

sprint.

Vmusa.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    If your looking for the newer Airvana Airave (that does EVDO data), the Sprint store isn't going to be able to help you. They only have the older Samsung Airave that does 1x data and is $99.

To get my Airvana Airave, I called the standard customer service number and told them that Sprint service in my house is poor at best. The first CSR told me she'd do some checking.

After being on hold for about 5 minutes, she came back and told me that Sprint's coverage in my area is excellent and I shouldn't be having any problems. Not sure what coverage map she was looking at, but the Sprint.com map shows fair coverage at my house. To talk on the phone at home, we have to stand by a window or go outside. We regularly get 1 bar on our phones (and never more than 2).

In any case, she transfered me to tech support. Tech support asked me a few questions about coverage at home and then "authorized" my account to receive an Airave device at no charge.

I got transfered back to customer service to ship the device. They flat out refused. After a few minutes of explaining that the service at my house was poor, the CSR suggested I sell my phones to someone else and have them take over the balance of my contract.

I then told them I would like to cancel the service. I was transfered to the retention department.

The retention department agreed to ship me an Airave within minutes of talking to them. The Airave shipped out the same day and arrived the next morning. I got the Airvana Airave.

The device's monthly service is listed as Airave Retention at $0.00/Month.

Good luck-

Device(s)
    Moto x4
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    A store, more than likely, couldn't help. I went that route and they said to call customer service - they can only sell them at full price.
    Not bad for a free unlimited line from Sprint!

Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    By the way-

I was in no way planning on canceling my Sprint service BEFORE calling customer service. If our service at home remained spotty, it was okay. We do have a house phone.

However, after the extremely poor experience I had, I was livid. Telling a customer just to sell (or give away) their phones and go away is pretty poor service.

Sprint has worked really hard to earn their poor customers service ratings.

The person in the Retention department I talked to, however, was very professional. Even if he couldn't get me an Airave, at least he treated me like a valued customer. The standard CSRs need a bit of actual customer service training.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    *!* update *!* - i just got off the phone with the retentions dept , my airave will be here in 2-4 day's , the only thing i am going to have to pay for it is the 4.99 monthly fee unless anyone here knows how to make it go away? :3

Device(s)
    Nexus 5x
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If you got the newer 3G capable Airave there in no monthly fee (at least for now and hopefully never). The older 1x Samsung's did have a $4.99/mo charge with them. Its one reason that I pushed so hard to get a new one as I recently had to start paying the fee each month.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    ahh , i was told there was a fee , or the the rep was misinformed but i doubt that . the old airave is 1X only right? not evdo?

Device(s)
    Nexus 5x
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yep. Only the new Airvana Airave is 3G. Anything else is 1X.

Device(s)
    Motorola Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    When I got me new airvana airave from retentions, the lady said that ordering the old airave was not even possible anymore. Take that statement for what it's worth though.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    When I got me new airvana airave from retentions, the lady said that ordering the old airave was not even possible anymore. Take that statement for what it's worth though.

hmm , guess ill find out when it arrives

Carrier(s)
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    I don't understand why Sprint makes it so hard to get the Airave. Why don't they just sell it in their stores? I'd gladly buy one.

Device(s)
    Motorola Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe12304 View Post
    I don't understand why Sprint makes it so hard to get the Airave. Why don't they just sell it in their stores? I'd gladly buy one.
    They do sell them in their stores, but probably just not the new model yet.

Carrier(s)
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    They do sell them in their stores, but probably just not the new model yet.
    Wait. Really? I thought you had to call in to even buy one. I would come back to Sprint if I could BUY an Airave and not pay the $5 a month. Screw getting it free, I would BUY it. Have they always sold them? I've never seen one on display.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    - just logged into my sprint on the website , saw a 150 charge for the airave , called customer service to find out what the deal was , turns out they were trying to charge me a deposit for it. - got that taken off and they said no other fee's were to be added to my account so im assuming its a airvana.

Device(s)
    EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint (I'm new - please don't disappoint!)
    Feedback Score
    After complaining about my lack of coverage in my home, I was sent the Airave 3G (Airvana) for free, no charge ($0.99) and also talked them into waiving the monthly fee. Woot!

Originally they wanted me to pay $99 for the device, I vehemently refused. A new super came on the line and offered $49 for a refurb, I refused again. Third super said $0.99 for a new refurb Airvana. I accepted. And it is working beautifully.
    Past phones: Samsung A530, Moto E815, LG VX8500, Samsung U600, Apple iPhone 8GB, Moto Razr2 V9M, iPhone 32GB 3GS, RIM BB Pearl 8130, BB 9700

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast