Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Cops love the iPhone 4

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    487
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless since '08
    Feedback Score
    0

    Cops love the iPhone 4


    Full Quality

    He was showing it off the whole time we were in line. The full quality shot makes it easier to see.

    Was taken at the LA County Fair. I blurred out most of the faces out of respect.
    AT&T Familytalk w/ Rollover 550
    iPhone 4 (two lines)



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,215
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    0
    I want to say maybe he was showing one little thing, but according to your story he was probably just bragging about it? I never saw the need to brag about a phone. But I guess he's proud to own one so let him have it. I just find it annoying when anyone tries to get any attention with a material object.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    24
    Device(s)
    iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    *check this out, it haz xray to scan people for weapons or dabombs. it also haz speedometer to snap car license for overspeedz!*

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    122
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    This same scene is being repeated all across the world for anyone who bought the new iPhone. Of course, there will be those to pretend to not be impressed but will end up saving their intrest for when someone shows of their Droid. And then there are those who just dont like technology...but there is nothing wrong with showing off new tech.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,215
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    0
    ^Why? What's the point? It's just striving for attention. Show it off if someone asks about it but is there really a need to walk around and tell the whole world you have an iPhone or Droid or whatever device? If so then that's just some serious self-esteem issues, whether you're proud of being able to pay for your device or not.

    I saw a teen that had an iPad but he kept to himself and sat down at a table next to me to use it. There were people around him but no one asked him about it. Then someone came up and asked him about his iPad and he nicely answered whatever questions the guy asked and went about his business. He didn't sit there and brag about it because he had no need to..... and this was a teenager.... the age of attention whoring!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    I & I, is Everywhere
    Posts
    6,123
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    @Juan, out of respect you SHOULD'VE blanked out ALL the faces, not most/some. The lady in the blue dress on the right and the kid in the chair.
    I'll bet they'll love custom facial recognition software and tracking via mobile me .
    Formerly: Prom1, now I'm Supa_Fly!!
    My Feedback

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    122
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwindexe View Post
    ^Why? What's the point? It's just striving for attention. Show it off if someone asks about it but is there really a need to walk around and tell the whole world you have an iPhone or Droid or whatever device? If so then that's just some serious self-esteem issues, whether you're proud of being able to pay for your device or not.

    I saw a teen that had an iPad but he kept to himself and sat down at a table next to me to use it. There were people around him but no one asked him about it. Then someone came up and asked him about his iPad and he nicely answered whatever questions the guy asked and went about his business. He didn't sit there and brag about it because he had no need to..... and this was a teenager.... the age of attention whoring!
    Well i dont go showing off things to people who dont care...im talking about friends and family. My dad came home with the droid 2 and its the 'talk of the house'. This guy has some cop buddy's so hes just showing them.

    Now, if he pulled you over on the highway and said sir, license registration and check this app out on my IP4...then thats too much.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Atl. GA
    Posts
    99
    Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Blackwindexe. Take all those phones off your profile. Youre just showing off. I don't care what phones you've had. Oh and why are you on a forum giving your opinions that no one asked for??
    Me want phone.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,215
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGuy View Post
    Well i dont go showing off things to people who dont care...im talking about friends and family. My dad came home with the droid 2 and its the 'talk of the house'. This guy has some cop buddy's so hes just showing them.

    Now, if he pulled you over on the highway and said sir, license registration and check this app out on my IP4...then thats too much.
    No problems there. Talking about it with anyone is perfectly fine when people are interested in it... but bragging is a completely different story... and I guess that's just a personal preference? No one has to agree with me. I don't know the whole story of the cop, I'm just going by what OP said and assuming he was bragging based on the initial story but I could be wrong. Maybe someone kept asking questions so he just kept talking about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by gunhed View Post
    Blackwindexe. Take all those phones off your profile. Youre just showing off. I don't care what phones you've had. Oh and why are you on a forum giving your opinions that no one asked for??
    Haha I can't tell if you're sarcastic or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prom1 View Post
    @Juan, out of respect you SHOULD'VE blanked out ALL the faces, not most/some. The lady in the blue dress on the right and the kid in the chair.
    I'll bet they'll love custom facial recognition software and tracking via mobile me .
    Good catch! I didn't see that until you pointed it out!
    Last edited by blackwindexe; 09-12-2010 at 10:44 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    I & I, is Everywhere
    Posts
    6,123
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwindexe View Post
    Good catch! I didn't see that until you pointed it out!
    No worries I knew you meant well, just probably missed those on the far right. The deal is out of respect you made the effort.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    487
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless since '08
    Feedback Score
    0
    I was mainly concerned with the cops faces.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,483
    Feedback Score
    0
    Actually, cops DO love iPhones (and other smarpthones), because they store so much data. Any criminal who uses one is a fool.

    Time and GPS stamped photos. past search and navigation requests, new autocorrect words, texts, emails, browser bookmarks and history, even past deleted files... heck, you name it... it's a cornucopia of forensic information that can help crime investigations and disprove alibis.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Northern MI
    Posts
    362
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Which is why smart criminals use throw away phones

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    208
    Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    well they might be watching some interesting videos or audios?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,215
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Prom1 View Post
    No worries I knew you meant well, just probably missed those on the far right. The deal is out of respect you made the effort.
    I think you were referring to OP? =P

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cops love iPhone data trail
    By CA in forum Apple
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-10-2010, 07:08 PM
  2. Hey Cops: Train don’t Trap
    By crocket in forum Cars and Bikes
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 06:23 PM
  3. Language cops nail store for English-only sex toy
    By AdamSavage in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 11:55 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-05-2009, 09:08 AM
  5. Cydia app - Action Menu....love it love it!
    By getagrip15 in forum iOS Apps
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-21-2009, 12:22 PM

Bookmarks