Thread: VZW Treo 650 to Cricket

Feedback Score

VZW Treo 650 to Cricket

Hello to all.

I have read and searched trying to gather info, but my search results are so saturated with information, it is hard to sort through it.

I have a Treo 650 that was originally VZW and I would like to use it on Cricket.

Now I'm not sure if I need a cable, or if there is a way I can use a patched copy of CDMA Updater to install the Cricket 1039 PRL.

I'm lost and confused in the massive amount of information I have been searching and trying to sort through. I'm hoping someone can just point me in the right direction.

I tried and tried to find a copy of the CDMA Updater that was patched to install the Cricket 1039 PRL, but all of the links I find are dead.

No one I checked with locally could do it. I called a few stores and not one of them said they could flash it, so I am kinda on my own.

I hate to take the time trying to put together my own serial cable, because I want this done yesterday. I currently use VZW prepaid, and I don't want to add more money to the account because I am waiting to just switch over to Cricket.

Can anyone help me locate the file I need to drop the correct PRL on the phone using the SD card? or am I stuck trying to either make or locate a serial cable?

If anyone happens to be near the Baltimore area and has a cable, or flashes phones, I am located in zip 21236, and I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance,

-Steve

Feedback Score
    Steve,
    You ever considered PagePlus? Everything works with no flashing.Just don't have unlimited internet and I know that could more than be the difference in making that choice. Anyway, just thought I would ask.

Gordon