Thread: No more Nokia phones for me

Device(s)
    N 3595
    Carrier(s)
    TMO PPD
    Feedback Score

No more Nokia phones for me

I have purchased more than 10 Nokia phones over the last 5 or so years, but no more. I have had nothing but trouble with the two most recently purchased, and Nokia will not stand behind the warranty. I took me months to get someone in the US to address the warranty issue (phone shuts off when showing full charge and without notice). You get to speak to someone in southeast asia who does not understand English well and keeps reading you the same script over and over. US headquarters does not follow through either. Nokia no longer appears to care about its customers. Caveat Emptor.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    hmm you seem to dislike Nokia that much.. well i also have some problems with Nokia sometime but still i can not blame whole Nokia for that.
    many products are still so great... I WOULD SUGGEST YOU TO have a second look.

Device(s)
    NOKIA Lumia 1520, NOKIA Lumia 920 (wife's phone, NOW)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    what model phones do you have trouble with, on which network?
    I have an E71 which I REALLY like, bought it unlocked about 15 months ago, on AT&T w medianet. Contemplating N8 or Android....
    informed/intelligent comments are welcome ... BS - not so much ...

peace,
    ROK

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    BELL Canada/
    Feedback Score
    I have tried and just about used every brand out there in my 20+ years of using cellphones, Nokia is and has been the best for me, currently using the Nexus one and I do miss Nokia, I whish the ywould get their software fixed and some good units out so I can move back to Nokia,

m $0.02 cents
    Current Plan:

Galaxy Nexus (Pure Google, Jelly Bean)
    6 GB data with tethering
    300 Daytime minutes
    Free call display
    Free message center
    Free Bell to Bell mobility
    Free evenings and weekends (6pm-8am)
    Free 1st minute incoming calls
    Free unlimited txt
    Free call waiting, conference calling, call forward
    Long distance 8 cents Cda, 20 cents USA

Total with tax: $57 bucks
    Not bad I think.

Save the Planet, its the only one that sells chocolate.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I've had to deal with their SE Asian (Philippines maybe?) call centers as well and I was actually pretty impressed with how good their English was, but not too impressed by the fact that they had very little ability to troubleshoot and very little authority to produce a resolution. I knew more about the phone and the problem than them. I suspect that they always recommend a reset and if that doesn't work... ??? Very typical low-quality, script-reading first-line service.

With my issue, they ended up "escalating" it to a more advanced service agent. I waited several days for this person to call me, and when she finally did I got what I wanted from her very quickly. And I couldn't even tell where she was located because her English was impeccable.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentGuy View Post
    I have purchased more than 10 Nokia phones over the last 5 or so years, but no more. I have had nothing but trouble with the two most recently purchased, and Nokia will not stand behind the warranty. I took me months to get someone in the US to address the warranty issue (phone shuts off when showing full charge and without notice). You get to speak to someone in southeast asia who does not understand English well and keeps reading you the same script over and over. US headquarters does not follow through either. Nokia no longer appears to care about its customers. Caveat Emptor.
    That happens from time to time but not to all people... I am for once encountered same warranty issue but its not like that always... is it?

Feedback Score
    As a cellphone owner I think we all have gone through those times one way or another. But I remembered when I had my N97 mini and I had some issues with it I contacted timtechs where I bought the phone and they gave me sets of instruction to try on the phone and see if it can fix the problem. It may not have been resolved the very same day but I was happy to see that I was getting update from them and they didn't stop helping me until finally the phone was fixed. That's what I call customer service