Thread: How Has Your Experience Been Receiving the $150 Credit?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

How Has Your Experience Been Receiving the $150 Credit?

How has been your experience receiving the $150 credit?... did u get $25 credit on the very first month or you had to wait a few month to get the credit?

Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    its the second month you will start to receive the credit, and its over a 6 month period.
    it works out to be around $2x.xx credit per month..
    $48
    Unlimited incoming and outgoing calls, Unlimited Canada-wide long distance
    Unlimited text, picture and video messages from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international wireless numbers
    5 GB of Data, Call Display, Voicemail, Unlimited Circle Calling, Call Waiting, Conference Call

Gold Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge 32GB + 128GB SD Card

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    u get $25 on september 23rd...

and every month after that for a total of 6 months...

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If I sign up today, am I still going to get a September 23rd credit? Or will it wait until October?

WIND says if I sign up now I get a Sep 15th billing date. So on Sep 15 I'd be billed for 1 week of service with no credit. On October 15th I'd be billed for a full month with no credit.

I was thinking though, if the credit arrives between Oct 15-30th, will I be able to see any information about this in my online account? In other words I'd wait until Oct 25th or so to see if my balance due has gone down, and if so I'd pay the lower amount.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think i started to get mine after the 2nd month. You don't see the information about it in your online account other than the increased credit amount. I've been fine with it but one of my friends had a heck of time trying to port over from 7/11 speak out and Wind was terrible at dealing with his situation, eventually weaseling out of their promised payment.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy SII 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I get my bill on the 6th of every month.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by popk View Post
    I think i started to get mine after the 2nd month. You don't see the information about it in your online account other than the increased credit amount. I've been fine with it but one of my friends had a heck of time trying to port over from 7/11 speak out and Wind was terrible at dealing with his situation, eventually weaseling out of their promised payment.
    So you are saying that with a Pay After account, the increased credit appears as a credit balance or a reduction in the amount owing? That would be helpful... for example if my bill is $70 without credit, and then $25 is applied before my due date, I would see online that my full balance owing is now only $45?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by cmstlist View Post
    So you are saying that with a Pay After account, the increased credit appears as a credit balance or a reduction in the amount owing? That would be helpful... for example if my bill is $70 without credit, and then $25 is applied before my due date, I would see online that my full balance owing is now only $45?
    Yes, it shows up as an added amount on the prepaid credit balance. Also you get a text message saying "$XX has been added to your account." Then the credit is automatically applied towards your bill on the due date.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Again, my question is about post paid (pay after), not prepaid. Could anyone confirm if my interpretation is correct for this scenario?

Device(s)
    Android Dev Phone 2
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    With Pay After, if you have a balance owing it'll reflect as a reduction in the "Total Outstanding", but otherwise it won't say anything in in your online account info about the credit until the next invoice shows up. However, it will reflect in your account balance if you check it with the automated 611 system. You're also supposed to get a text message to tell you when it's applied, but that's never happened for me.

Total Outstanding will not go into the negatives.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Okay good to know.

I've been debating with myself whether to go for:
    1) $35 plan + $5 text + $35 data - $25 credit = $50 for 6 months, then downgrade my plan or try for another promo
    or
    2) $25 special student plan + $35 data = $60 for a year, maybe downgrade my data plan after a few months when I've gotten over the novelty of constant streaming & tethering

In theory the student plan is a bigger discount but the porting credit gives a more immediate boost. And I figure 6 months from now, Mobilicity* will have launched or Fido will try to win me back or I'll have a good post-grad job and I won't care so much about a difference of a few bucks either direction. My usage on Fido has never been more than about 300 minutes/month total, and I can keep a cap on my data when I try to, but I want to have some fun with the freedom of unlimited data too =)

* I don't necessarily know that I want to be with Mobi more than WIND, but it would at least help me play the field of competing promotions while retaining 3G on my Nexus One.