Thread: W385 Contact/SMS/Call History info

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

W385 Contact/SMS/Call History info

I wrote a post here before realizing that the thread trail (Home -> Forum -> Canadian Carrier Discussion -> TELUS Mobility -> CDMA Network and Devices) was pretty narrow, and the thread itself seemed bloated.

So I moved it here. I've done a bit of the "intro" stuff: up/down-loaded pictures/ringtones and changed the cover display, so i'm pretty familiar with p2k Commander. But, like some other folks (and as i say in my post) i found either myself incompetent or the software lacking. Regardless, I've experienced some success with this direction so i think i'm gonna take it as far as i can.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Using HyperTerminal

So this is the data I've gotten off of the phone via the internal modem using HyperTerminal.

It's a bit of a process to get to the point of actually issuing interesting commands. Two important pieces for me were using the ASCII Settings to echo what the user is typing into the prompt(instead of only getting the modem response) and putting the phone modem in Mode 2. If you are interested in the process and have spent some time trying to get this to work and can't, I've got some more screen caps detailing the steps i took. Otherwise, here are some results i've come up with:

AT+CCLK
    This is almost "pure conjecture", but i think Motorola actually designed their commands with some structure and readability in mind! It seems CCLK stands for Clock.

AT+CMGR
    CMGR stands for Message Read.

AT+CPBF
    CPBF stands for Phone Book Find.

Device(s)
    W385
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    This is exciting information. However, I'm having trouble setting up my modem. The modem of the phone is listed as LGE CDMA USB Modem #3 and it is on COM10 according to Advanced Port Settings. Should I be selecting LGE CDMA USB Modem #3 when setting up the HT connection or should I just select COM10?

When I set up a connection with LGE CDMA USB Modem #3, HT sits at a "dialing" dialog, and my phone responds with a screen that says "Data Call" and it says RX and TX in the lower right hand corner. However, the HT dialog still stays at "dialing" and I cannot enter any commands into HT. When I connect with COM10 it does not attempt to call the modem at all, so I'm not sure what is up.

Also, did you have to enable cable DUN mode through the service menu? I couldn't make any sort of connection with HT until I did, which makes sense.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    gsparx:

I think mine came with cable DUN enabled by default or it auto recognized. One way or another, it wasn't something i had to worry about.

As for the connection: use COM10. I don't think it will dial, it will just open a connection. You should get a blank terminal and even if you type, nothing will come up. If you haven't used (a variety of) terminals before, there is an important concept called 'echo' which, for our purposes, means 'display (user) input'. At this point, i found it encouraging to enable echo.

You can do that in HyperTerminal through File -> Properties then the Settings Tab and then the ASCII Settings Button then tick the 'Echo typed characters locally'.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Two important pieces for me were using the ASCII Settings to echo what the user is typing into the prompt(instead of only getting the modem response) and putting the phone modem in Mode 2
    Most of the commands didn't work for me until i put the Modem in Mode 2. This is accomplished with AT+MODE=2.

Another useful command is AT+CLAC. As best I can tell, this stands for List All Commands.

Device(s)
    W385
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Naretheos View Post
    Most of the commands didn't work for me until i put the Modem in Mode 2. This is accomplished with AT+MODE=2.

Another useful command is AT+CLAC. As best I can tell, this stands for List All Commands.
    Hm, interesting. Bot the AT+MODE=2 commands (and any other mode for that matter) at the CLAC commands return errors. Strange