Thread: CHATR launch press release

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

CHATR launch press release

Here's a press release for Rogers' new chatr's brand. Here's my condensed version: You get unlimited talk for $35 or unlimited talk and text for $45 (no data yet) provided you're within their zone. Zones include Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, and Ottawa.

You can buy chatr at: Wireless Wave, Future Shop, Best Buy, Telephone Booth, London Drugs, Wireless Etc…, Costco, and Zellers.

Launch phones: Nokia 1661, Nokia 2680, LG GB125r, and Samsung Gravity. Phones start at $60.

http://www.chatrwireless.ca/

chatr wireless is canada’s new unlimited talk and text brand Delivering Worry-free service on a trusted network

Toronto, ON – July 28, 2010 – chatr wireless today announced its entry into the Canadian market offering Canadians unlimited talk and text on a trusted network. chatr will offer cost certainty and freedom from term contracts, with zone-based plans including unlimited talk for just $35 per month and unlimited talk and text for just $45 per month. To start, the service will be available in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, and Ottawa with plans to launch soon in Montreal.

“Canadians have indicated they want unlimited talk and text with simple, worry-free plans on a network that is trusted to deliver quality service,” said Garrick Tiplady, Senior Vice President, chatr. “With chatr, customers will have a no worry, talk happy experience.”

Operating on the global standard of GSM and HSPA technology platforms, chatr customers can benefit from great handsets at great prices, the strength of 3G technology, and a worry-free talk and text experience. The chatr network has fewer dropped calls than new wireless carriers because it has more cellular sites, better indoor and underground reception, and a seamless Canadian network. chatr will offer quality name-brand phones starting from $60: Nokia 1661, Nokia 2680, LG GB125r, and Samsung Gravity.

With an upbeat brand identity that includes a bright orange talk bubble, chatr promises to provide a friendly option to customers with its “no worries, talk happy” phone plans.

“With chatr, customers can use their phones freely, never having to think about how many minutes they’ve used or how many texts they’ve sent,” said Tiplady. “They’ll benefit from cost certainty knowing that when they use their phone within their chatr zones, they'll pay just one low flat fee without any extra charges.”

The service will be available for purchase at chatr stores in major malls and through hundreds of retail locations in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, and Ottawa with plans to launch soon in Montreal. Partners include Wireless Wave, Future Shop, Best Buy, Telephone Booth, London Drugs, Wireless Etc…, Costco, and Zellers.

About chatr wireless
    chatr wireless is a new Canadian wireless brand delivering worry-free zone-based unlimited talk and text on a trusted national network. Available in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto and Ottawa, chatr wireless offers quality brand-name phones on the global standard of GSM and HSPA technology platforms. chatr wireless is committed to delivering quality, certainty, and simplicity – all at a great value, supported by the strength of our network. It’s the no worries, talk happy experience. For more information, please visit chatrwireless.ca.
    Last edited by howard; 07-28-2010 at 11:23 AM.

Feedback Score
    This is where it gets interesting...

Device(s)
    Nokia N8-00
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I was surprised to see a Kiosk at Metrotown today, seems like they're wasting no time with this new brand.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwirky View Post
    I was surprised to see a Kiosk at Metrotown today, seems like they're wasting no time with this new brand.
    Chat-R already has way more stores selling product than Moblicity + WIND + Public combined
    This alone will help them take the lions share of the market
    It is sad I need to state the obvious but some people just don't get it. Any posts I make are my own OPINIONS and in no way represent the views of my employer

Feedback Score
    No "stores: that I have seen in downtown Toronto (not listed on the website, but available in way more locations: Best Buy and Furture Shop, Wireless Wave, The Booth, etc. In the dealers, chat-r is taking up about 2 sq ft of floor space for it's display stand. That can't be costing very much compared to the sales/commissions it will generate.

Makes me wonder if these national-chain dealers were advised that chat-r was coming and not to add Wind/Mobilicity to their dealership if they valued the relationship with Rogers Wireless OR if Wind/Mobi~ just had other strategies OR the national dealers just don't see a future for Wind/Mobi~.