Thread: Used to update W385 with P2k Commander 6.0 in XP, but now with 7 I'm out of luck!

Device(s)
    Motorola W385
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo - Alberta, Canada
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Used to update W385 with P2k Commander 6.0 in XP, but now with 7 I'm out of luck!

I have a motorola W385 phone. I've always used XP and P2k Commander 6.0.0 to change ringtones and wallpaper images.

I've since upgraded to windows 7 and I can't figure out what to do now to accomplish these tasks. I have installed the latest MotoDev drivers 4.2.4 I believe, I have installed p2k 6.0.0 But the software just will NOT recognize the phone. It shows up as a modem on com6... as soon as I set the program to com6, the modem disappears from device manager.

I've done this 4 or 5 times in the past using XP and I'm just wondering if anybody has had success with Windows 7 and what software they used to do it?

Really I just want to change the wallpaper and I'm not sure how to send a text message to the phone with an image attached using Windows Messenger (if that's possible)

Any suggestions?

PS. I did find a computer with XP, but for some reason P2k Commander does the same thing, as soon as you select the appropriate COM PORT, the motorola modem driver disappears from device manager. This software seems REALLY touchy and I just don't know what to try next. I've tried many versions of P2k as well without success.

Thanks in advance!

Device(s)
    W385
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Use bitpim. P2k has always been spotty for me in Win7, but Bitpim works for me.

Device(s)
    Motorola W385
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo - Alberta, Canada
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    bitpim didn't work either, the W385 wasn't on it's list of compatible phones.

Device(s)
    W385
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If You want access to the filesystem you can manually set the phone type in bitpim to VN5000 (I believe thats correct) and you can add ringtones and wallpapers manually. It won't sync contacts or SMS, but we can get access to that via Hyperterminal and AT commands so keep your eye out for when that is possible.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    That's why i keep 3 computers at home 1 win7 32 bit, 2 win7 64bit, 3 winxp home always good to be prepare.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Any other sugestion to fix this mess ???