Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More "Fun Stuff" - What Was Your Favorite & Least-favorite Phone?

Device(s)
    Samsung Omnia II
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score

More "Fun Stuff" - What Was Your Favorite & Least-favorite Phone?

Started thinking of this topic after reading the latest posts in the other "Fun stuff" thread.

Just curious on what your favorite phone that you've owned, as well as your least favorite? I do realize smartphones may end up ruling the list, but maybe I'll be surprised.

For me, my favorite phone would probably have to be the Sanyo SCP-4000. The Sanyo had good call quality, fairly good battery life, and was built like a tank. Only main drawback was being stuck on analog when I made random trips to Lethbridge at the time. Yes, I'll always love how customizable the HTC Touch was, but it's call quality wasn't the best, and I hated having to grab the stylus for everything. I'm also sure that it wouldn't have been nearly as popular if Bell hadn't offered the UMB feature on it.

As for my least favorite phone, that one's easy. It was perhaps one of Fido's worst phones ever sold, and I remember all the negative comments about the device here on HoFo when it came out. In the end, it's also the only phone I've owned that received the washing machine treatment. Sure, running it through the wash may have been an accident, but I think the Sony Ericsson z200 had it coming.

Device(s)
    dec 2010 was time to change old htc touch by 3 new Desire Z.. :-)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell mobilité
    Feedback Score
    Favorite phone : Htc touch (6900 cdma) still using 2 of them after 3 years.

worst phone : LG chocolate never own one but clients were always complaining about that phone.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Q10 (2014)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Samsung SGH-T746 Impact: SAMSUNG-SGH-T746/T746BMIH6 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Quote Originally Posted by Poweruser
    Favorite phone : Htc touch (6900 cdma) still using 2 of them after 3 years.

worst phone : LG chocolate never own one but clients were always complaining about that phone.
    worst phone Ive owned, you guessed it, the lg chocolate, it wasnt that bad of a handset but from the tnree Ive personally owned, Id rank it lowest, the samsung impact scraps ahead of the HTC 5800 JUST Barely, the only reason, It is a CDMA handset so I couldnt just take it to Bell from Solo or to any other provider, but it was a great device, skyfire, unlimited data, windows mobile 6, its speed was pretty fast for an EVDO Device back at the time, and probably had the best email support too

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Videotron
    Feedback Score
    Favorite:
    1 - HTC Touch: UMB on a smartphone on Bell
    2 - Motorola RAZR - Slim form factor on Fido
    3 - Nokia 3590 - Great candy bar form and can hold a charge after 2 years ago.

Least
    1 - BB Pearl CDMA - Slugish OS and Trackball - Expensive data for such a small screen
    2 - Sony Ericson z200 - Just too small (button, screen, reception)

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yup Chocolate was worst for me as well (that really was a bad phone)

Best is difficult; especially since most of my devices have all been Blackberry. What I miss the most though was on my old Moto Q I had PocketMAME & I still feel the Q had better internet than any of my berry ever did.
    It is sad I need to state the obvious but some people just don't get it. Any posts I make are my own OPINIONS and in no way represent the views of my employer

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Q10 (2014)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Samsung SGH-T746 Impact: SAMSUNG-SGH-T746/T746BMIH6 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Quote Originally Posted by kav2001c
    Yup Chocolate was worst for me as well (that really was a bad phone)

Best is difficult; especially since most of my devices have all been Blackberry. What I miss the most though was on my old Moto Q I had PocketMAME & I still feel the Q had better internet than any of my berry ever did.
    apparently the LG had pretty good reviews, it was more of a fashion/trend device.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    The chocolate was absolutely the worst phone any carrier has carried in recent history. I hate that I worked for Bell CS during it's life cycle..
    Work _________________________________Blackberry 9700

Twitter: @BBMacD-Where I will tweet new info when i'm too lazy to post it! (often)
    Former Bell Dealer
    Former Bell Mobility Employee

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Q10 (2014)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by MacD
    The chocolate was absolutely the worst phone any carrier has carried in recent history. I hate that I worked for Bell CS during it's life cycle..
    The only complaint I had was no expandable memory, although the consumer should learn a bit about the handset, you could even side load videos on it, although 22 minutes for a 3gp because of its 128 mb of on board memory

Device(s)
    OnePlus One
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I only own two phones, a palm pre and a samsung sph-a900. God the samsung was a peice of garbage. If i made one phone call the battery would die, it was constantly losing reception, and texting was just horrid. I love my palm pre. Yes it does have some hardware problems but i can not get over WebOS. I haven't owned a LG chocolate, but i had a cousin who had one... for about 4 hours :P

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Q10 (2014)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by krab19
    I only own two phones, a palm pre and a samsung sph-a900. God the samsung was a peice of garbage. If i made one phone call the battery would die, it was constantly losing reception, and texting was just horrid. I love my palm pre. Yes it does have some hardware problems but i can not get over WebOS. I haven't owned a LG chocolate, but i had a cousin who had one... for about 4 hours :P
    so many LG haters lol, come on people, show some love for South Korea, where's your diplomatic integrity

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy III
    Carrier(s)
    Telus | Bell
    Feedback Score
    Worst phones:
    LG Chocolate
    Samsung a640
    HTC 5800

Best phones:
    Samsung u740 [3 Months]
    Blackberry 8830 WE [6 Months]
    Blackberry 8130 Pearl [4 Months]
    Blackberry 8330 Curve [5 Months]
    Blackberry 9530 Storm [6 Months]

Best phone to date: HTC Magic [13 Months] <--- Best thing since sliced bread
    Hardware is awesome and takes a hell of beating
    Always available to upgrade to the latest Android ROMs due to having root access
    If I'm in a pinch...I can turn it into a wireless router and get internet to phone/laptop/people I'm with etc.
    TELUS Mobility - $50.00 per month (36 Month Term) (Personal)| $300 Port-In Credit
    350 Minutes (per second) | 6pm Eve & Wknds | Unlimited CDN LD | Unlimited SMS | Call Display | Voicemail | 6GB Data

BELL Mobility - $38.00 per month with Bell Bundle (12 Month Term) (Business)
    400 Minutes | 6pm Eve & Wknds | Unlimited Incoming | 500 LD Mins | Call Display

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Q10 (2014)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy740
    Worst phones:
    LG Chocolate
    Samsung a640
    HTC 5800

Best phones:
    Samsung u740 [3 Months]
    Blackberry 8830 WE [6 Months]
    Blackberry 8130 Pearl [4 Months]
    Blackberry 8330 Curve [5 Months]
    Blackberry 9530 Storm [6 Months]

Best phone to date: HTC Magic [13 Months] <--- Best thing since sliced bread
    Hardware is awesome and takes a hell of beating
    Always available to upgrade to the latest Android ROMs due to having root access
    If I'm in a pinch...I can turn it into a wireless router and get internet to phone/laptop/people I'm with etc.
    GASP!! The Htc 5800 was AMAZING, unlimited data plan with skyfire browser, unbeatable lol

Carrier(s)
    Bell HSPA
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Best Phones:
    iPhone 3GS
    Samsung u740 double flip

In the middle:
    Sony Ericsson 580i
    HTC Touch Diamond
    Samsung a920
    Samsung Instinct

Worst:
    None, really

Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Awesomest phone of all time: Tie between Nokia 2730 Classic and Nokia 2855i

Nokia 2730 Classic: Cheap, runs well, UMTS Network, easy to find spare parts, flashed with generic firmware, pretty good with finding a signal, supports all sorts of media.
    Nokia 2855i: FREE! (by the time I got it), Insane Netmonitor (damned thing was so detailed... you could access almost everything you never wanted to know about it), could pick up a signal (almost) anywhere, great call quality even when signal was low, good battery life.

Worst phone of all time: None

Other Contestants: Sanyo S1, Blackberry 8130 (CDMA), Nokia 6275i

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Worst phone: LG Rumour-- flex cable broke/soldered three times under warranty. Made it just over a year and a half before I threw the piece of junk out.

Happy with my Samsung Impact-- pretty smart for a dumb phone. It's survived my drops... so far!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast