Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: More "Fun Stuff" - What Was Your Favorite & Least-favorite Phone?

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Fido
    Feedback Score
    Best phones I have ever used, 2 way tie:

Motorola MiKe i880
    Blackberry Bold 2

Worst phone, thats easy:
    The old Fido V-tech POS

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy III
    Carrier(s)
    Telus | Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kav2001c View Post
    Wow what's with the fanboism for the Bell Blackberries? lol

I do think Pearl was put down too much but the World was overrated IMO
    (& Storm really? By the time it launched there were better touch screen devices out there)
    The World kept reception in basements where my friends using Bell & Rogers Pearls, Curves etc. would drop the calls.

Bell CDMA was simply the only viable solution if you wanted consistent service where I lived in Woodstock. Rogers network in Woodstock and out lying area can just instantly turn to **** if you are indoors in the north end of the city.
    TELUS Mobility - $50.00 per month (36 Month Term) (Personal)| $300 Port-In Credit
    350 Minutes (per second) | 6pm Eve & Wknds | Unlimited CDN LD | Unlimited SMS | Call Display | Voicemail | 6GB Data

BELL Mobility - $38.00 per month with Bell Bundle (12 Month Term) (Business)
    400 Minutes | 6pm Eve & Wknds | Unlimited Incoming | 500 LD Mins | Call Display

Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Fav: Motorola Timeport 8767 Trimode... Flawless phone - as a phone... but back then I didn't bother with mobile web or anything else... It was fun having the OLED screen too... It was awesome in bright light...

Worst: Audiovox 8600... honestly that phone should never have made it to production. The mechanical tolerances for the antenna interface were all over the map and the software was really buggy - it barely had enough CPU power to play it's little boot-up jingle.

My MiKE phones were pretty solid too... but talking to farty old truckers in the US when DC opened up to cross-border got old REAL fast and our company had phased them out only a year after adopting them.

I had a bunch of Motorola Analog gear, including an old Radio Telephone my dad had that worked as expected - no surprises - and fun listening in on other conversations... oops did I say that out loud?
    Cheeri'o...
    Frankie...

Please Note: I do not work for Bell. I also do not work for any wireless retail outlet.
    Do not ask me about promotions or offers from wireless providers.

Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Fav: Motorola Timeport 8767 Trimode... Flawless phone - as a phone... but back then I didn't bother with mobile web or anything else... It was fun having the OLED screen too... It was awesome in bright light...

Worst: Audiovox 8600... honestly that phone should never have made it to production. The mechanical tolerances for the antenna interface were all over the map and the software was really buggy - it barely had enough CPU power to play it's little boot-up jingle.

My MiKE phones were pretty solid too... but talking to farty old truckers in the US when DC opened up to cross-border got old REAL fast and our company had phased them out only a year after adopting them.

I had a bunch of Motorola Analog gear, including an old Radio Telephone my dad had that worked as expected - no surprises - and fun listening in on other conversations... oops did I say that out loud?

Device(s)
    dec 2010 was time to change old htc touch by 3 new Desire Z.. :-)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell mobilité
    Feedback Score
    Another great phone was the motorola E815..

I had this phone before my touch and the beauty of it, is my son still use it more than 5 years after i acquired it and personally use it for 2.5 years.

My son only need is voice and texting and that phone perform very well. particulary the predictive motorola t9 for really quick texting and after all this time call quality still as a land line.

This is my second place for best phone right behind the touch.

Device(s)
    HTC M8 Android 6 Sense 7 with BB Apps
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo SK $55
    Feedback Score
    Worst: Storm 9530 (went through 3 in 2 months), Motorola C333, LG Chocolate

Best: 1) V710 (got service in the middle of hell!) 2) Nexus One 3) HTC Touch 4) i880 Mike (it was damned sexy I thought! Even for iDEN) 5) Nokia 282 (first love)

Bell: 200 Anytime, 6PM E&W, Fab 10, unlimited data, unlimited Messaging, Caller ID & Visual Voicemail $52.75 <- Miss This Plan!!!!

Koodo SK with BC Number. $55 Unlimited Candian Talk N Text + 5GB

"I won't even buy Apple juice anymore!"

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Q10 (2014)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-T746/T746BMIH6 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Quote Originally Posted by doan_1
    Worst: Storm 9530 (went through 3 in 2 months), Motorola C333, LG Chocolate

Best: 1) V710 (got service in the middle of hell!) 2) Nexus One 3) HTC Touch 4) i880 Mike (it was damned sexy I thought! Even for iDEN) 5) Nokia 282 (first love)
    why's everyone against the LG Chocolate? so much hatred

Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    dunno if I had a worst phone, but my favorite phone (for what I needed it for at the time) was my Motorola KRZR, it did everything I needed it to, and I could customize sms tones, something I STILL cannot do on my pre or my iphone. Ug.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Q10 (2014)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-T746/T746BMIH6 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Quote Originally Posted by jonnypage
    dunno if I had a worst phone, but my favorite phone (for what I needed it for at the time) was my Motorola KRZR, it did everything I needed it to, and I could customize sms tones, something I STILL cannot do on my pre or my iphone. Ug.
    lol motorola phones have been known for their physical durability as well. No one seems to know why the RAZR V3 had crap battery and ONE firmware update fixed it, lol well its called jailbreaking and its legal now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3