Phone
    iPhone 4g, EnV2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

iPhone ring tones??

I know you can create your own ringtones if you use garage band. However, if one doesn't have a mac what is the easiest way to create ring tones? or is there a site to find some? Thanks.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Phone
    Iphone 4
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Hey, that's the first thing i did when i got my iphone. I'm new to the whole iphone thing and i loved that on my old phones i could just use an mp3 as a ringtone. Here's what you have to do. you can ONLY do this with NON drm (protected) songs. so if you got your music through itunes with protection you can't do this. otherwise continue.

Go to itunes, highlight the song in your library that you want to use as a ringtone. Find the section of the song you want to use (no more than 30 seconds)

right click the song, choose "get info" then click on the "options" tab

at the options tab click the boxes for "start time" and "stop time" in the fields input the minutes and seconds of the 30 seconds of the song that you want to use as the ringtone. then click "ok"

now if you double click your song you should only hear the part that you want for the ringtone. After you check to see if the selection is where you want it right click the song and select "create AAC version"

once you create the AAC version find it in windows explorer and change the file extension name from .m4a to .m4r this will allow itunes to recognize it as a ringtone. (to do this in windows you just have to be able to see the file extensions. go to folder options in any folder and uncheck the box that says "hide extensions for known file types" then all files will have their extension in the name like such as "master of puppets.mp3" )

once you change the file extension just drop it into your iphone via itunes. Itunes will create a ringtone section. you can do this with as many songs as you like.

good luck!

Feedback Score
    I've found lots of good stuff a Zedge.

http://www.zedge.net/

Phone
    IPhone 5 64 gig
    Carrier
    AT&T- this week!
    Feedback Score
    You can make ringtones using almost any program you like. "IRinger" (free) will convert many formats and automatically export them to your ITunes ringtone folder. If you create them in a format IRinger doesn't support, google around for a converter from your format to mp3 and then use IRinger.

Phone
    IPhone X Plus
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Use any software which will allow you to create a 30 second clip of the desired song (or other sound). Convert or save as AAC format (m4a). Rename extension to m4r. Double click to play and it will automatically import it in iTunes as a ringtone. Sync your phone with iTunes.

(I use Roxio Easy Media Creator, sound editor. But there are numerous softwares with this capability.)

Phone
    iPhone 4 Black 16GB
    Carrier
    AT&T unfortunately :(
    Feedback Score
    iringer.exe

Feedback Score
    myxer.com has lots of free ones.

Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Love this site but when I download ringtones they play in itunes but do not show up in folder? Other MP3 ringtones I have downloaded are in the Itunes folder. why is this happening do you know? thx

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    On a somewhat related note; what is up with Apple locking down other notification sounds?? I want to customize my email and text message notifications and just simply don't have that option! WTF? See, it's this sort of BS that had me considering Android. I mean, I love my iphone and everything it can do, but **** it's annoying when basic features are on complete lock down!

Phone
    IPhone X Plus
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keith6 View Post
    Love this site but when I download ringtones they play in itunes but do not show up in folder? Other MP3 ringtones I have downloaded are in the Itunes folder. why is this happening do you know? thx
    Must be m4r extension, not mp3. (See my post above.) Need to convert. Once they are in proper format, when you play them, they will automatically be loaded in the ringtone folder.

Feedback Score
    Also one thing I discovered that I was doing incorrectly was that you have to save them to your itunes not just open them in itunes otherwise you will be able to download them initially to your phone, but if you need to go back to them they will not be there.

Feedback Score
    Oh and no conversion needed through myxer.com they will automatically be formatted correctly.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    www.audiko.net sets them as .m4r so no need to convert those either.
    Current Device: Apple iPhone 5S
    Space Grey - 32GB