Thread: Manual not very detailed...vlingo or genius button

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Manual not very detailed...vlingo or genius button

So I was trying to figure out if I should keep vlingo on my phone or should I use the genius button. I find they are both good for something, but I was trying to go through the manual to see if there is a way to make the genius button start quicker and it all it had were instructions on how to search and make a call. I didn't even find much about sending an email with it. It didn't discuss the settings or how to put the phone in driving mode. I only found out about driving mode because they casually mention it in the manual about its icon.

So far I will still test to see which is better but right now t-mobile messed up in their manual by not being more detailed about their additions to a phone because they are the only ones who carry the myfaves app and the genius button (app).

Has anyone else had a problem finding things in the manual? Has anyone else been using vlingo?
    With T-Mobile since 2003
    1000min Family Time $69.99
    Unlimited Family Messaging $9.99
    Preferred Unlimited Mytouch Internet $20 x2
    Premium Handset Insurance $7.99 x2
    MyFaves add-on $Free x2

I plan Events and Weddings
    EGO Productions: Events Glamourously Outdone

Ideal Phone: Android with a keyboard, 2ghz processor 32g ROM and 2g RAM, front facing camera, and running with all bands of 3G and 4G with UMA...I can dream can't I!

Device(s)
    myTouch Slide
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ladykaya View Post
    ... I was trying to go through the manual to see if there is a way to make the genius button start quicker ...
    If you disable syncing Google contacts the Genius button responds faster. I just tried it and it reduced the time from button-press to "listening" from roughly 25 seconds, to about 7 on first launch. Each successive use of the Genius button had it's time to "listening" reduced from about 15 seconds to about 3.