Thread: Would debranding C905a (AT&T) cause the phone to loose reception strength?

Feedback Score

Would debranding C905a (AT&T) cause the phone to loose reception strength?

I recently debranded my C905a and I want to know if anyone knows for a fact that if by doing so I have reduced my phone's ability to mainain a decent reception signal. If I remeber correctly, I had the same problem before I debranded. I've called Sony Ericsson about the low reception strength and they told me that it was a network problem. I know that is not true b/c before the C905a, I was using a Nokia 2610 (a cheapie until I could upgrade) and that phone always had a signal virtually anywhere and I can count on 1 hand how many dropped calls I had using that phone. I do live out in a semi-rural area but, my mother has a Nokia 6555 (I live w/ her) and she does not have the problem with dropped calls like I do. But, w/ the C905a, I have to put the phone on speaker 3/4 of the time b/c when I put the phone to my ear, it simply looses all reception. The closer to the city I get, the reception problem becomes less an issue. Any information would be appreciated!

Feedback Score
    I highly doubt it

Carrier(s)
    Fido, So-net, China Mobile HK,B-Mobile(Japan)
    Feedback Score
    Most de-branding is done by loading a different firmware (instead of just changing the customization). If the firmware is a different version than what's on your phone, or is for a different geographical region, it may affect reception.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTO View Post
    Most de-branding is done by loading a different firmware (instead of just changing the customization). If the firmware is a different version than what's on your phone, or is for a different geographical region, it may affect reception.
    That's not true. Changing firmware on SE phones running Java OS will not affect reception at all.
    Want to learn more about how LTE works?
    https://productioncommunity.publicmo...ls/td-p/130581

Device(s)
    Nokia 6230b (5.50 with Chinese)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    if anything debranding would let you select gsm like in todays case of 3g going down in central florida, getting 3g signal, but no voice calls, switch to gsm and voice works on my z750a debranded, unlike the branded samsung that cant seem to turn off 3g even though i checked engineering mode