Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Captivate for AT&T

Device(s)
    Iphone 3G JB
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xylem007 View Post
    Looks like letstalk.com and a few other retailers have the captivate for between 150 and 100 dollars shipped with a new or upgrade 2yr plan.. Any reason to blow 199 at the at&t store to get this phone? The rep in store had the argument that you wouldn't get the instore at&t warranty which i'm perfectly fine with.. Any other issues?
    you have to be careful with sites like wirefly and letstalk.com. they have alot of "fine print". i.e. if you change anything on your plan within 6 months, they can charge you. also their prices vary greatly depending on whether or not your a new att actvation or upgrade. their new act price is really low, but the upgrade price is nothing special. id say see if the discount is worth it to you to order online. or go into the store and buy it, get help setting it up, and walk out the same day with your new phone. but either way the captivate is freaking awesome!

Device(s)
    Sprint SPH-L710 Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I looked at letstalk.com but i didnt want to mess with their junk, ended up getting mine Sat at ATT store for $163 out the door

Loving life! Now I just need to replace my lost bluetooth headsets
    Any recommendations for a2dp headsets? Would love another BT8010 but cannot find them anywhere without paying $75+
    Marble White Sprint Galaxy S III
    ROM: Stock
    Mods: Rooted & Debloated
    Launcher: TSF Shell / Apex Launcher Pro / Launcher Plus PRO
    Screen Protector: iloome Tempered Glass White
    Battery/Case: ZeroLemon 7000mAh w/ Black & White TPU Cases

**Always looking for another Jabra BT8010, Hit me up!**

Device(s)
    Galaxy S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Looks like letstalk.com and a few other retailers have the captivate for between 150 and 100 dollars shipped with a new or upgrade 2yr plan.. Any reason to blow 199 at the at&t store to get this phone? The rep in store had the argument that you wouldn't get the instore at&t warranty which i'm perfectly fine with.. Any other issues?
    I've done business three times with Let's Talk. I'm very happy with them. Their fine print is no worse than any other. They ship fast & reliably, got great pricing, so I'm a repeat customer. I can endorse them completely.

Device(s)
    Samsung Black Jack II
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I ended up getting the upgrade advantage discount.. I think because I didn't have a contract since april they gave me that discount which was $50 off, So I also got the 163 out the door deal... Definitely glad I didn't go get boned at an online retailer of questionable origin..

Device(s)
    Samsung Black Jack II
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wififone View Post
    I've done business three times with Let's Talk. I'm very happy with them. Their fine print is no worse than any other. They ship fast & reliably, got great pricing, so I'm a repeat customer. I can endorse them completely.
    I agree everyone has good / bad experiences with these kinda things. Extra 63 dollars is worth it to me to be able to go to at&t and get a new phone if there are problems.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I agree everyone has good / bad experiences with these kinda things. Extra 63 dollars is worth it to me to be able to go to at&t and get a new phone if there are problems.
    I agree, the best deal is the deal that works for you.

Enjoy your new phone. As everyday goes by I'm learning more little things that make Android one of my all time favorites.

Device(s)
    Sprint SPH-L710 Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I too am finding new things daily that blow me away with this OS. Cannot wait till next Android upgrade, should be SUPER slick by then!

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate Galaxy S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The Captivate will be a GOD in a few months. Point blank!
    Bold 9700. HTC Aria soon!

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6, iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I returned mine and went back to the iPhone 4. Just too many quirks that I can't overcome. (None of them Android related.)

It's still a solid phone though, and unfortunately (depending on how you look at it), still the best Android phone for AT&T.
    iPhone XS Max | OnePlus 6
    www.blueearlbrewing.com

Device(s)
    Galaxy S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Because I have service on both AT&T and Verizon I have both Captivate & Droid X. Frankly I nearly passed on the Captivate because of past experience with Samsung. I've been a (sic) hard core phone addict, even before smartphones, so the only point being I've been there, done that, so to speak. When I saw the initial info on the Galaxy S my interest was peaked a little but not enough to get excited about it. Then the pictures were revealed and I was still unimpressed. What did impress me & cause me to buy one on release day was an article about Samsung's mobile smartphone strategy. To summarize they talked about the sleepy giant waking up to the cash Apple was raking in. While no secret, apparently it was something Samsung had not focused on. A new senior executive in the ranks brought the topic forward, was heard and the decision was made to create the Galaxy S with the sole intention of offering a truly high quality top of the line smartphone.*

Part two, was to push it out worldwide, as well as to specifically offer it to the four top US carriers concurrently. So with that my mind was made up. I'm so glad I decided to purchase this along with the Droid X. The side by side comparisons have been interesting. If I had to choose just one, it would be the exact opposite of what I anticipated before I got them. The Captivate would win, hands down. That says a lot considering I'm a big Motorola fan based on the great call quality I've experienced with over twenty of their handsets of various models. As a smartphone, my personal preference leans to large displays, even at the expense of styling. Yet that said, one dealbreaker for the X is the "camera bump". It makes this phone bulky, uncomfortable to hold for long periods and just plain awkward. Furthermore, in my case I would rather not have a camera, thus this bump is even more annoying. But that's just me.*

The Captivate is the most beautifully styled of all Galaxy S variants in my opinion. It uses plastic sparingly, only for the inner chassis. The front is all glass, with the sides & back all metal. The aluminum battery door is stellar, with it's excellent fit. The entire phone is creak free and very comfortable in hand. The call quality is excellent, a first I have not experienced with their smartphones before. *The display is particularly impressive. Side by side with my iPhone, displaying the same web page with text and images, the Captivates gorgeous view is a 9.5 to the iPhones 10. Yes it is that good. I carefully adjusted brightness levels the same on both, since out of the box the Samsung is set quite low. This is something to watch for if you put it side by side with an iPhone4 at your local AT&T store.*Overall I give the Captivate very high marks.

Device(s)
    captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drnknmnky1307 View Post
    nm finally got it. btw if you download kies from samsung you can tether for free without rooting your phone and it doesnt charge you from att either
    Can you give me more info on what you did to tether after downloading Kies?..I just got my captivate and have downloaded Kies..my Blackberry bold 9000 had tethering and was super, was told this one would not tether...tell me how to do it..please...also after downloading Kies..do you just plug your usb into the pc and use it?..what about mounting and using remover hardware safely on the pc taskbar...is that necessary?

Thanks Ken

Device(s)
    captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dweinstock View Post
    ok so i really want to get this phone but i have an issue. right now i have a nokia n97 on a 15 dollar data plan so att thinks that its a stupid phone because my IMEI is registered with them because att doesnt service the n97. so my questuion is if i buy the phone through 3rd party and pop in my sim will att realize and make me change my data plan?????
    I just got a captivate....for some reason they couldnt give me the unlimited data plan I had on my BB bold 9000
    but I got the 2 gig plan for $25 a month and after that its $10 a gig used...but the cool thing is that this phone connects to your home moden through wi fi and there is no data charges at all...so just use the wi fi to download big files at home...or anywhere you can connect to wi fi...it also automatically connects to any wi fi like at starbucks or anywhere that offers you free wi fi...connects automatically...

Feedback Score
    if anyone is looking for a captivate out of contract i have a brand new never used one for $460. it can be unlocked for an extra 25 for our canadian friends so that they can get it before rogers release. just pm me

Device(s)
    Galaxy S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by studio52 View Post
    I just got a captivate....for some reason they couldnt give me the unlimited data plan I had on my BB bold 9000
    but I got the 2 gig plan for $25 a month and after that its $10 a gig used...but the cool thing is that this phone connects to your home moden through wi fi and there is no data charges at all...so just use the wi fi to download big files at home...or anywhere you can connect to wi fi...it also automatically connects to any wi fi like at starbucks or anywhere that offers you free wi fi...connects automatically...
    The rep that worked with you is wrong. I just took my BB9000 offline, and activated my Captivate on the line. I was able to keep my unlimited data plan, just like AT&T assured we could do. As long as you already had unlimited data, you can keep it.

Feedback Score
    are u sure 4 that?

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast