Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 364

Thread: Samsung Captivate for AT&T

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livermore, CA
    Posts
    16
    Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldilocks View Post
    Did you install the .NET framework from Microsoft first?
    I did then I restarted the pc. Not sure what I could have done wrong?

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    97
    Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T/ Cingular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Has anybody been able to work the snooze on the alarm , i set it to go off every 10 min but it wont go to snooze mode it just turns the alarm off ?

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Monsey
    Posts
    159
    Device(s)
    Nokia N97- Finally!!
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    i just went into a att store and the guy said that after 3 months they can unlock it for you is this true??????

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    14
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dweinstock View Post
    i just went into a att store and the guy said that after 3 months they can unlock it for you is this true??????
    Rumors are all over the place.. General concensus is ATT will release lock codes in 10months, This may move up if some team finds out how to generate unlock codes before then.

    We've started a bounty over at XDA forums. Here is the link:
    ATT Captivate SIMLOCK BountyFor those interested in contributing to the bounty, or the solution,

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Monsey
    Posts
    159
    Device(s)
    Nokia N97- Finally!!
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    ok so i really want to get this phone but i have an issue. right now i have a nokia n97 on a 15 dollar data plan so att thinks that its a stupid phone because my IMEI is registered with them because att doesnt service the n97. so my questuion is if i buy the phone through 3rd party and pop in my sim will att realize and make me change my data plan?????

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    10,515
    Device(s)
    OnePlus 6, iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yes. They sure will.
    iPhone XS Max | OnePlus 6
    www.blueearlbrewing.com

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,182
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldilocks View Post
    Yes. They sure will.
    I wonder when they'll do this.. I bought my captivate in an at&t store, and they haven't changed my unlimited data/200 messages for $20 data plan yet. If they do, I'm okay with it though - b/c I got the captivate with a 1yr early renewal/upgrade for $279.

    HoFo member number 284654

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    10,515
    Device(s)
    OnePlus 6, iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    You'll get a text message eventually...

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,438
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCalx View Post
    I wonder when they'll do this.. I bought my captivate in an at&t store, and they haven't changed my unlimited data/200 messages for $20 data plan yet. If they do, I'm okay with it though - b/c I got the captivate with a 1yr early renewal/upgrade for $279.
    You sure you're on the unlimited $15 data and not the 200mb?
    My statements and opinions do not reflect those of my employer, AT&T Mobility. This is disclosed per FTC regulation.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,182
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ant1pathy View Post
    You sure you're on the unlimited $15 data and not the 200mb?
    Yes - actually now that i think about it, the phone was purchased on one of my other lines (a data plan was added for the purchase, but then removed by the sales associate just after the purchase). Because of this, the line w/ the unlimited data plan wasn't messed with at the time. But like BL said, it could change...

    When I dial *data# I get x megabytes out of unlimted and x texts out of 200.

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,438
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Can't image that'll last, but yeah, an example of the system not catching things the way it should.

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    97
    Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T/ Cingular
    Feedback Score
    0
    When i got my Captivate , the Sales rep said that i get to keep my Unlimited Data plan..... but i still got the text from them about Suspicious SMS texts.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    15
    Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    I got my Captivate this past week and I'm rather liking it. The first one, which I got on Monday, was defective--the earpiece didn't work. Fortunately Amazon Wireless promptly and cheerfully exchanged it, so big thumbs-up to them for customer-friendliness. I got the replacement unit Thursday. It's been a good phone so far. I exported my old contacts from my RAZR2 as comma-delimited, then imported them into Google Contacts which in turn sync'd them to the phone. The only thing I found kinda counterintuitive, since this is my first phone with a touch-screen, was answering a call. Apparently you have to *swipe* the onscreen button rather than simply "pressing" it.

    Question for you all, though: part of my job involves being on-call, where I have to wake up in the middle of the night to answer pages received by SMS. Is there a "pager" mode for this phone where it'll make loud, obnoxious, persistent noise until shut off, in response to an incoming SMS? Thanks.

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    144
    Device(s)
    Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    ATT/Cingular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bikergeek View Post
    I got my Captivate this past week and I'm rather liking it. The first one, which I got on Monday, was defective--the earpiece didn't work. Fortunately Amazon Wireless promptly and cheerfully exchanged it, so big thumbs-up to them for customer-friendliness. I got the replacement unit Thursday. It's been a good phone so far. I exported my old contacts from my RAZR2 as comma-delimited, then imported them into Google Contacts which in turn sync'd them to the phone. The only thing I found kinda counterintuitive, since this is my first phone with a touch-screen, was answering a call. Apparently you have to *swipe* the onscreen button rather than simply "pressing" it.

    Question for you all, though: part of my job involves being on-call, where I have to wake up in the middle of the night to answer pages received by SMS. Is there a "pager" mode for this phone where it'll make loud, obnoxious, persistent noise until shut off, in response to an incoming SMS? Thanks.
    You can create your own ringtones and in the settings you can specify which one to use.
    Reggie
    Fort Collins CO

  15. #195
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    11
    Device(s)
    Samsung Black Jack II
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0

    Question Thinking about buying one of these online...

    Looks like letstalk.com and a few other retailers have the captivate for between 150 and 100 dollars shipped with a new or upgrade 2yr plan.. Any reason to blow 199 at the at&t store to get this phone? The rep in store had the argument that you wouldn't get the instore at&t warranty which i'm perfectly fine with.. Any other issues?

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Official AT&T Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S) Pre-Release Thread
    By killerdraft in forum Windows Mobile (Before 7)
    Replies: 202
    Last Post: 07-18-2010, 06:42 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-27-2010, 01:03 AM
  3. Nexus One vs. Galaxy S(Captivate)
    By rlb4 in forum Windows Mobile (Before 7)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-21-2010, 10:27 PM
  4. Samsung Captivate (i897)
    By Jixer in forum AT&T Agents and Employees
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-31-2010, 10:11 PM

Bookmarks