Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Captivate for AT&T

Device(s)
    Iphone
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chew1138 View Post
    It depends on how quickly you need it. I spent a bunch of time googling around yesterday. The only one I found shipping now is the Body Glove directly from ATT.com, it's $25. A little pricey, but I bought it anyway and it'll be here tomorrow.

Other sites I saw won't have cases for 2-6 weeks, depending on which kind you like.

http://www.fommy.com/view-full-page....ES&skuno=88806
    http://www.amzer.com/Amzer-Silicone-...ack-P88806.htm
    http://www.amzer.com/Amzer-Rubberize...ase-P88842.htm
    I like that snap on case....too bad it's not shipping until late August.

Device(s)
    Iphone
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Irene View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

From what I have heard, yes you can… Looking at all of the positive reviews for this device, I would have to say that it will be a great new phone, for anyone wishing to get their first Andriod for AT&T.
    I would say so far it's a great phone. I use gcontacts and not outlook but it is syncing everything great. By far it seems to be better than my iphone 3gs

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6, iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Have mine rooted and all of the AT&T Bloatware uninstalled. Much better. Now if I could just completely get rid of TouchWiz.
    iPhone XS Max | OnePlus 6
    www.blueearlbrewing.com

Device(s)
    Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I am in the market for a new phone for myself. Went to AT&T and played with this phone. And holy lordy, this is a nice phone. Very tempted to buy it, just don't know if I want my cell phone bill to go up at this time.

Feedback Score

Tv out on captivate

Hey all, finally got my hands on the cable required (3.5 headphone to composite) to use the nifty video out function, but all I get thus far WHEN I see anything is just a garbled up grey blob. Through it I can make out my background barely, just wondering if you all have tried it out and had better luck.

Device(s)
    Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    ATT/Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidstar View Post
    Agree on point #1. For some reason it is not allowing to add a ringtones to a contact if that contact is sync'd with google account. However, it will let you create one if you create it as a new contact on your phone.
    That seems to be what I am learning. all my contacts were brought in through Gmail - I wonder if I were to bring them in a different way. - Can one bring them in by the export function of outlook (guess I would have to delete all my contacts first so I don't get duplicates). Can one import contacts that way and get individual ringtones????
    Reggie
    Fort Collins CO

Device(s)
    Nokia N97- Finally!!
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I know it is a little early to be asking this, but is there any place besides ATT who is selling the phone either unlocked already or just the plain phone and i will unlock it? I really don't want to buy it through ATT? Any suggestions???

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggie3 View Post
    That seems to be what I am learning. all my contacts were brought in through Gmail - I wonder if I were to bring them in a different way. - Can one bring them in by the export function of outlook (guess I would have to delete all my contacts first so I don't get duplicates). Can one import contacts that way and get individual ringtones????
    That's what I did. After syncing with Google Contacts brought over a ton of unnecessary contacts, I deleted them all (one by one). Went back to Google Contacts and exported my true contact list in csv format and then imported into the phone. Used Ringdroid to import my ringtones and then manually set up each person (one by one again) with the custom ringtone I have for each of them.

Device(s)
    Infuse
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggie3 View Post
    Not able to assign ringtone to the gmail contact is a bug on Captive. I was able to so that on other Andriod phones N1, X10 & Milestone.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dweinstock View Post
    I know it is a little early to be asking this, but is there any place besides ATT who is selling the phone either unlocked already or just the plain phone and i will unlock it? I really don't want to buy it through ATT? Any suggestions???
    Look at this site, it's available now for the lowest price I've seen.

www.letstalk.com

Device(s)
    Galaxy S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TechMedik View Post
    I like that snap on case....too bad it's not shipping until late August.
    I also like it.

As far as my new Captivate, I'm shocked at how good it is.
    Even after all I had read, I had no idea it would be as nice as it is. I prefer it over my iPhone 4 by a wide margin. The display is terrific, the build quality is stellar. It's so much better looking in person. I've made it my new primary phone.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just got mine for $350 off contract! Yea buddy!

Device(s)
    Sanyo 8200
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    how do you delete the apps that come from ATT in the applications icon? i dragged them to the trash but it doesnt delete them

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6, iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drnknmnky1307 View Post
    how do you delete the apps that come from ATT in the applications icon? i dragged them to the trash but it doesnt delete them
    It's not easy.

1. You need to root the phone.
    2. You need to enable side-loading applications.
    3. You need to side load an app that will allow you to back up and then 'rename' those files to something not recognized by Android.

There are tutorials on XDA forums.

This will allow you to do many more customizations and even get rid of the Touchwiz launchers as you can see by a couple screenies from my phone:

More in this thread: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...9-Home-Screens...

Device(s)
    HTC One X+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chew1138 View Post
    It depends on how quickly you need it. I spent a bunch of time googling around yesterday. The only one I found shipping now is the Body Glove directly from ATT.com, it's $25. A little pricey, but I bought it anyway and it'll be here tomorrow.

Other sites I saw won't have cases for 2-6 weeks, depending on which kind you like.

http://www.fommy.com/view-full-page....ES&skuno=88806
    http://www.amzer.com/Amzer-Silicone-...ack-P88806.htm
    http://www.amzer.com/Amzer-Rubberize...ase-P88842.htm
    +1 for the body glove. Picked one up at AT&T the other day and i really like it. Its a softcase gel, but not that soft. Slides in and out of your pocket very easy too.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast