Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung Captivate for AT&T

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ATTWS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Irene View Post
    Actually, we know now, since there have already been a few reports on the Android site where people say that they did get the phone early, and the no contract price was $349.99.
    That's good news for me. Because of my company paid line, I will probably have to pay the no-contract price.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by etickt View Post
    My local ATT store said that the no contract price was $500, not $350 as has been reported. They said that the contract price was $350 - a $150 rebate.
    that's exactly what i was just told....

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    actually just the $500 no contract price part.. the manager said they weren't sure on the contract price yet.. So apparently it isn't just the iphone release that AT&T can get right..

$340=i'm buying
    $500= I'm NOT!!!

Feedback Score
    I just got off of the line with a store. they said $549 Outright.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by giz02 View Post
    I just got off of the line with a store. they said $549 Outright.
    I'm beginning to think the AT&T stores are pulling these prices out of their hats or something. I just called 4 of the Corp. AT&T stores in my area, and these are the prices that they gave me:

1) $499.99

2) Could not give me a price, as they said it wasn't out yet.

3) & 4) Both said $449.99.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Actually, we know now, since there have already been a few reports on the Android site where people say that they did get the phone early, and the no contract price was $349.99.
    yes, but where these employees or something?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i think $349 is the MSRP, but clearly no carrier wants to actually sell it for that price because that would loose a lot of upgrades... That's my theory!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bridgeman View Post
    yes, but where these employees or something?
    Good question, and one that I am starting to wonder about myself, in light of the responses that I received from the calls I made. If they were, that could be why they are getting it for $349.99.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Remember that COR and indirect will have different pricing too.
    My statements and opinions do not reflect those of my employer, AT&T Mobility. This is disclosed per FTC regulation.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    well tmobile's suggested retail is $499, so for att to sell it for any less would be so unlike them. When have they ever put the customers first?

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/phones/...amsung-Vibrant

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Good question, and one that I am starting to wonder about myself, in light of the responses that I received from the calls I made. If they were, that could be why they are getting it for $349.99.
    Also, that's probably the only reason they have the phone early...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ant1pathy View Post
    Remember that COR and indirect will have different pricing too.
    Corect me if I'm wrong here, but I always thought that indirect sellers had higher full retail pricing than the COR stores, which is the reason why I've always purchased my phones from AT&T directly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bridgeman View Post
    Also, that's probably the only reason they have the phone early...
    True. Well in any case, unless the full retail price is $349., I have no intention of getting it. My iPhone 3GS is only 3 months old, and still has plenty of life in it.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The other problem with the "early buyers" is so far most of them have been contract upgrades. Some may also be trolls (people claiming to have purchased or had the option to purchase at the $350 price point - I've not seen any receipt scans).

The most realistic scenario I've heard so far was from a local AT&T corporate sales person. ATT phones are generally $250 more non-commitment. Aria example: $380 non-commitment less $150 two year less $100 rebate\instant rebate, making the two year price $130. Palm Pre - $400 less $150 two year less $100 rebate\instant rebate.

Therefore, Captivate is $200 plus $100 (no rebate\instant rebate) plus $150 (no two year) for the non-commitment price - $450.

Until I see some receipt scans, this is what I'm planning for when I go pick mine up (or maybe wait to see what my premier pricing will be).

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by evancg View Post
    Until I see some receipt scans, this is what I'm planning for when I go pick mine up (or maybe wait to see what my premier pricing will be).
    I'm on premier too, i really haven't actually noticed a big difference in pricing on phones though.. I can't say I've really studied it, but don't NEW customers usually get a better deal than us?

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast