Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

Thread: How To: Web, apps, gps, and MAYBE MMS on Moto Droid

Feedback Score

on droid 2

Quote Originally Posted by mabn17 View Post
    is this the same for droid 2 global
    On the Droid 2, just skip the hw virtual port.
    On the Droid 2 you should boot the phone while holding the camera key.
    Then run the Motorola driver updater. It will find the Diag port.

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Hey guys, pheew been long time that ive been to the forums. reading the previous posts u guys been posting. all i got to say guys is be sure u have the proper drivers when flashing or reflashing ur phones. i have the OG droid, and Droid X1, and can comfirm that these u dont need to root to flash to metro or cricket.

some question that came up regarding NV items not writing or being incomplete or being the wrong the txt file :um im sure but if u go to whiterabbit.org u get the correct CDMA version txt file (2.7, or 3.5) coinciding the same version for CDMA(some ppl have made this mistake).Be sure when using cdma that u connect and then read the phone then send in ur SPC and write in ur NVitem should say 12 nv items successfully .

theres was another question before regarding that they were stuck in verizon provision but since post was since july and its october right now im thinking it may have been solved. be sure to get the latest PRL file as of now i think 3023 is the latest now i have 3022 on mine(prl 2004 is wut they give over the air for non metro phones i belive so i suggest not too *288 and update roaming list it may downgrade ur prl 2004) . the talk of metro goin 3g in different markets is the BIG talk of now but as of right now i live south FL im still getting 1x speeds not 3g other parts of sofla say they do get 3g but then goes back 1x. but they say they use prl3020 and to use that but others say 3g isnt stable in 3020 and other say to go 3022. i wont say they r right or wrong this is just to clarify because ppl r goin to to come and ask "How do i get my droid to use 3g ,mms etc" its not a perfect system remember u pay wut u get, comparing metro to other providers its a crappy service but its getting there. there was a time that flashed phones couldnt get internet, or do MMS .

update: alright guys i updated to prl 3023 well i can say it does go to 3G but briefly goes back to 1x tested the mobile speeds says its goin 404kbps but its ok speed.

Feedback Score
    Im in south Florida also..!

As of a couple days ago my flashed DROID stop receiving & sending MMS...

I was always able to get MMS & couldn't send them... Then a few months ago I updated from 2004 prl to 3020 & everything worked fine... till the other day... =/

On a side note I have never seen the 3g logo in the NE Miami Dade & south east broward areas on my phone ever...

Sent from my DROID PRO using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chrystine View Post
    I did do that, in any case I finally got it to recognize the phone, but it still wont create the com port. I think its a windows 7 issue. i have tried everything to the t in the instructions and i cannot get hw to create the com port
    Have you tried using a different USB cord..?! I had the same problem..! Windows sees the phone but HWVSP wont find & load the phone to a COM port...

Turned out to be my USB wire... I've noticed my phone wont even charge using a USB "b" cord, a USB "b" cord will let the computer see my phone but wont allow access to the phone...

Just my experience...

Feedback Score
    I posted a How-to thread but it doesn't seem to show on the forum.. But make it will help some of the newbies...

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...d-Pro-to-Metro

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45