Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: LG Rumor Touch, Virgin Mobile, Java block bypass

Feedback Score
    No luck.....damnit! i want to kill them all... called LG too they cant help either. theyre gonna call me back tomorrow.....

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Geez that sucks...... Good effort. IF they do call you back tomorrow, lemme know what happens....

Feedback Score
    Yeah... Dont hold your breath on them calling you. Last week they said they would call me back and told me if I didnt hear from them in a week to call back in. I didnt get a call and they said that they couldnt contact me and closed the case. They pulled the trick again yesterday and said someone would call in 24-72 hours and to call back within that time. I didnt get a call in 24 hours so i called back again today. I said I was returning my phone today in 1 hour and what do they do. They say someone will call me back in 30 mins to an hour. What happens? No call. I call back again after that hour passed and they said someone will look into it again and will call back in 24 hours. I'm holding off again on returning the phone. I dont expect a call today but will call again tonight just to see if there is the slightest chance of them doing anything about it. I already returned my extra top up card last night and cleared all personal data on my phone. It'll be returned tonight as there is no hope of them helping me make the phone even slightly useful.

$25 for 300 mins is a rip off so the only reason anyone would get this plan, instead of the 1000 mins for $100 which expire after a year, is for the data side of the plan. The connection is slower than a c64 with a 2400 baud modem. 10-30 seconds for a small page to load is very unreasonable. So you cant do much surfing on it. About the only other thing that could make the phone useful is if I could write apps for it. But I cant do that either because the phone is locked down. The slow connection is enough for me to return the phone so all I'm doing now is seeing if they will do anything about their TOS violation. I might even play with them every day after I return the phone to see if there is any change on their policy of not having a clue about the issue and brushing me off and lying about calling me back.

A little FYI about the top up cards. If you're stupid like me and buy 2 and scratch the back off of both cards yet only use 1 card and then forget which card you actually used then... You can actually return that card without any problems. I got mine from walmart and all they had to do was swipe the card to see if there was a balance on it and then give me the money back on the card that had a balance.

Feedback Score
    i been calling VM every day since i got the phone.. they said that i suppose to be able to download and install apps.. they "tried" to fix it, by reseting my 3g service, so the end is that they're going to send me a new phone, and i will have to return this.. they told me that probably it is the phone..

i'm pretty sure that the main problem of this is the software/firmware from VM like the browser.. because not only does that with apps.. it does that with pictures or anything else you try to download.. besides the browser don't give you an opcion to "save/download" unless the website has it.. that's kind of weird.. because i can't not even get a simple picture for a website..

so this is my story hehe.. and i call to this number (that they give me, and i was treated well.. they even gave me 60dlls credit for the inconvenient =P) 877-600-8065

Feedback Score

Angry Rediculous

This is truly ridiculous. i called virgin mobile today and told them that if action was not taken immediately when it comes to the downloading issue that i would take legal action. the woman who was AMERICAN and knew what she was talking about said that virgin mobile does not block downloading 3rd party apps who clearly they do. i then flat out asked for the msl number and she told me she could not give me that information because she could loose her job because it would give me access to download unwanted applications. i asked her but you just told me you do support third party applications. she said please wait while i put you on hold and the cal was then disconnected. i called back and explained the situation again to a new live advisor and he told me that virgin mobile did not support downloading 3rd party apps for security reasons. i said but that is in violation of your terms of service because it clearly states that the customer can use the phone as he or she pleases but virgin mobile cannot be held responsible for any damage done. i asked him why don't they put this into place and he told me to hold on a minute while i check this for you and the call was again disconnected. so something is really fishy about this situation but to be honest i would I would have no problem if they wanted you to pay for apps in there store. but you have to PROVIDE apps to begin with witch they don't. so if you want to Nikkie and dime your customer fine but at least do it right. but the way they operate is completely *** backwards. they cripple all there phone besides the blackberry. i think. and they wont do anything about it. on top of that they are in violation of there terms of service as well and they still wont change. what do we have to do to get virgin mobile to wake up and realize that there customers mean business? Well i getting there blackberry for free from them any way. dont ask how i did it but im sure its still the same issue that we have had with all our others phones from them.

Feedback Score
    Which number have you guys been dialing? Every time i call, i get the standard 'we dont know' answer along with some really uncomfortable dead air. It seems like the people you are talking to at least know what an MSL code is....

Feedback Score
    i called virgin mobile today. They dont seem to know what they r doin. The guy tried to get me to turn off my phone and take the battery out. Then he wanted to reprogram my phone. He said it might be a problem with the network and he said they should fix it in a few days. Doubt thatll happen

Feedback Score

i use this number

they give me this phone number

877-600-8065

you'll get faster with the person that being dealing with the machine..
    i tink this number is for report problems..

Device(s)
    X-TC M2000
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    I got my msl code in like, less then 25 minutes. I asked to be transferred to tech support first thing. I wasn't even stopped. I just used the app testing story and got it. All he said was if I mess it up the phone it can't be replaced. It's 987320, but I'm not sure how to input it on my rumor touch? I've tried ##987320## and all of the pound ways bit they do t work

Feedback Score
    did you try to enter it with the ##DEBUG# command? i believe that code is the exact length needed... I have no idea but just a guess.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Jado777-
    I also see that you have the X-TC phone... We are trying to get the codes for the rumor touch phone.
    Sorry for the confusion....

Device(s)
    X-TC M2000
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ha, sorry I haven't changes my info on here. I do have the rumor touch. And ##DEBUG# is useless. It's just brings up advanced information menus. They can't be edited. The menus are 1x Engineering, EVDO Engineering, Configuration, Bluetooth, Data Status, and Memory. The configuration menu just tell software versions and whether or not a few things are supported. But once again nothing in this menu can be edited. Since it was so easy getting my MSL out of tech support I'll call again today and ask for service menu codes. The poor normal representatives have no idea what I'm talking about. I'll also call LG tech support and see what I can get out of there.

Device(s)
    X-TC M2000
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    this time I got somewhere but no where at the same time. I finally got to a supervisor, who transferred me to an "advanced technician" after being transferred there by a supervisor. Well that technician told me that I was talking to headquarters. I told her my story (I'm a really good liar so it wasn't that hard) and I told her I wanted to test a java based app on my phone. Then I told her I had my MSL code and she said that wasn't even normally given out. She said some guy called in yesterday wondering why no one would give it to him. I could tell she was talking with other people. We kept up the conversation, and she was being really nice and said there was nothing she could do for me, she said it should work if I load it on the memory card, if not then it's a formatting error, I explained that it was the correct format but I needed to get into my phones file system, not my memory cards. She once again said she could do nothing :/ I could tell she was being sincere, so I stopped because I could tell bashing them and her wasn't getting me anywhere.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    hey guys i've been reading all of your posts on this thread and did a little googling. I came up with this site http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/LG...al/m-p/1983627

looks legit, except i cant download that driver file from megashares, anyone try looking for a torrent file or anywhere else to get our hands on this??

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    hmm actually.. that thread is on our own forums.. go figure, i hope this works with the rumor touch.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast