Thread: Anyone else having trouble with Backup Assistant?

Device(s)
    Samsung SCHu350
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Anyone else having trouble with Backup Assistant?

For the past few days, Backup Assistant has consistently failed to back up my phone book, saying the password is incorrect. I tried changing the password to another one (which it allowed me to do, using the supposedly incorrect password to do so), but that fails too. Before I start dealing with a CSR and the pointless rigamarole that entails, I was wondering if it's part of a bigger problem?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Try uninstalling it...then reinstall and see if that fixes it.

Device(s)
    Samsung SCHu350
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, I tried a couple of things but forgot to do that, which worked. A bunch of entries in the stored phonebook were corrupt, though, so something definitely "hiccuped."

Device(s)
    HTC Rezound
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (since July 2005)
    Feedback Score
    The problem I had with Backup Assistant was of my own doing, but I'll mention it just to show that BA is not foolproof. I was having problems with Bluetooth and wanted to be sure BA was not contributing to it, so I deleted the application. Later, I decided to reinstall BA. What it did was to copy all the contacts from my phone to my account, and from my account to my phone. I wound up with a lot of duplicates, and many with double last names, like John Smith Smith. Had about 130 contacts, so I found correcting them in the phone to be tedious. Even fixing them online with my Backup Assistant was cumbersome. So I figured I'd clean out the ones online completely and have BA copy only the ones in the phone, then I could fix them. Even deleted the trash (oops!). Before I could get back to the phone, BA AUTOMATICALLY deleted every contact in my phone!!!. Had most of my contacts in gmail, and I copied and pasted phone numbers one at a time into Backup Assistant on My Verizon. But i lost quite a few numbers of contacts that I picked up over time. This fool proved that Backup Assistant is not fool-proof.
    Always here to help. Call me "Miss Information"

Device(s)
    Samsung SCHu350
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, Backup Assistant is notorious for that, when they first made it free, there were a bunch of posts about the problem.

It's too late to help, but IIRC, if you delete your online contacts without triggering an update either from the site or the phone, and then also delete and reinstall the app on the phone, that'll transfer a fresh, current copy of your phone's current phonebook to the online server. Do not just trigger an update from the website or the phone after you delete your contacts -- that's what'll wipe wipe your phone's contacts.

Device(s)
    Gayle Iphone 6 Mikes Iphone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    GTE/Verizon Wireless since 86
    Feedback Score
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ckup+assistant

Here's the URL concerning the problems we had back in Feb.......good luck.