Thread: Can I activate a VZW prepaid on a contract?

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus (this month anyway)
    Feedback Score

Can I activate a VZW prepaid on a contract?

I have an old UT Starcom phone that I can't activate on PagePlus since it's a VZW prepaid. I would give it to somebody as a backup phone in case their main phone dies and they need to activate a phone quick. But everybody I know on VZW has a contract. Can this prepay be activated with a new or existing contract?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    Last I heard, it had to be used on prepaid for at least 6 months before it could be activated on postpaid. Or something like that.

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

As XFF has pointed out, and no , this hasn't changed. You will have to wait 6 months to activate a prepaid phone, on a postpaid account. The system won't allow the ESN to go through any sooner, sorry.

Device(s)
    Samsung SCHu350
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You're not supposed to do it and they're not supposed to let you but if you do the switch without human assistance -- online or over-the-air -- it does frequently work even with brand new phones that have never been used on a prepaid account at all. The only real way to find out is to try it.