Thread: Best Anti Virus?

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Best Anti Virus?

Hey all!

Which anti virus is installed in your PC? are you satisfied? which do you consider the best anti virus?

Device(s)
    LG Fusic LX550
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Honestly, there's really no BEST solution out there because the 99% of the problem is the operator/user.
    Anyway, you can use the following free downloads:

malwarebytes
    AVG
    Avira

Norton's and McAfee's if they are not registered they bog your system down and "act" like viruses -- sort of like a vaccine gone bad!
    LOL

Device(s)
    Nokia E71x
    Feedback Score
    Avira is a bit annoying, and I've never preferred AVG. I have Microsoft Security Essentials which is free, simple, and unobtrusive on a netbook. I pay no attention to it; it does everything on its own. Avast is one I like as well. Norton and McAfee would be fine, if they were actually any better than anything free, and didn't bog down your system, and were easily and completely removable, among other things...

I don't really think it's worth paying for anti-virus software for a home/non-work computer, since there are great (and arguably superior) free options like AVG, Avast, Avira, etc, and you usually have the time to figure things out and fix it on your own. But when you're work computer starts running really slowly or things don't work at all, you want a reliable program and the reliable support that comes with paying for it.

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul5867 View Post
    Avira is a bit annoying, and I've never preferred AVG.
    What it is about Avira that you find annoying? I'm just curious.
    I've been using the free version of Avira for a couple of years now and I think it works just as good or better than Norton which I had previously.

There has been a few threads about this, you can probably find them by searching the computer forum. I found one of them.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...0#post13126030

Device(s)
    Nokia E71x
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    What it is about Avira that you find annoying? I'm just curious.
    I've been using the free version of Avira for a couple of years now and I think it works just as good or better than Norton which I had previously.
    There was a time when I would choose Avira, and all I remember are pop-up screens. I de-virused a friend's computer that was really in the hole who used Avira, and it was nearly impossible to do anything because of all the pop ups from Avira, usually multiple popups for seemingly the same "attack" I will say, as well as some false positives. Never used it afterward. I remember reading later on that you could turn the popups off, haha. I wouldn't say it's bad, certainly better than Norton which IS like a virus itself. For me, Avira was just...a bit annoying.

Feedback Score
    I use NOD 32. It's best for me. Before I used to Kaspersky, but his work slows my PC.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I am also using Avast anti virus and after reading your posts, i guess i am on right path as i have to use it on home PC only so it is quite appropriate. The thing i love about Avast is its automatically update option. when ever i turn on my Pc, it automatically download the fresh updates to my hard disk

Feedback Score
    like paul5687 I use Microsoft security essentials find it unobtrusive and works well & free.Alerted me and removed 2 trojans within the last 3 months.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    We install AVG Free on all of our clients now -- works like a champ and doesn't vampire RAM.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Torch 9850
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    As a professional you cannot install AVG on anyones computers, nor can you charge to do so, its against the AVG licensing agreement. The only thing you can do is suggest it to the customer, nothing else. Also if any of your clients are a business they also can get into trouble running AVG Free as its for home users only. Just a friendly FYI from someone that has been there, done that, and paid the price.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Should've been more specific -- we do AVG Free on our home user clients, not on our business clients. For them we are about 50/50 between Trend Micro and MalwareBytes.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Torch 9850
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I understand but even for home users you cannot install the product as per the licensing agreement. I use NOD32 exclusively for all my clients, does a real nice job and its the lightest AV on the market and one of the most effective. BTW malwarebytes is not a AV program, just anti-spyware. ;-)

Device(s)
    Q10 (active)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I use to use Avira, but the daily pop-ups suggesting you upgrade from the free version to the paid version were getting annoying. I've now switched to Microsoft Security Essentials.

Device(s)
    Droid X w/CM7GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I use Anti-Vir Free its one of the best free ones, But always the user is the best defense.

Avast is really good as well.

Feedback Score
    I cant believe people are still paying money to get good anti virus protection when you could get it free.

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast