Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Dell Streak: $500 unlocked in US, available next month!!! Android 2.1!

Device(s)
    Nexus, Streak, 3GS, BB 8800, BB 8310(x2), iPhone, BB 9000
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I now have my Streak running Android 2.1 on Rogers. A huge improvement!

Feedback Score
    Rogers subscribers - are you able to connect to 3G with the streak? If so what are your settings?

Device(s)
    Nexus, Streak, 3GS, BB 8800, BB 8310(x2), iPhone, BB 9000
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes, I'm getting 3G. I'm also seeing the little 'H' which I guess is HSPA?

apn is internet.com
    There are settings listed here for other android devices and it is the exact same.

Feedback Score
    how did you update to vs 2.1? where did you get to download it? is it a US or UK version...or does it even matter?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Will they be making the streak in brown?

(Sorry, I had to)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by koolin View Post
    go get your unlimited data now while they still have it and youll be grandfathered and can use it on your Streak.
    I got switched from $10 MEdiaNet Unlimited to the $30 Smartphone Unlimited as "a favor" by AT&T just yesterday. I guess they knew I wanted to get a Dell Streak so they thought they'd get me prepared by switching me. LOL

Device(s)
    Nokia N73
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    so how is it?battery life?
    In GOD WE Trust OTHERS MUST PAY CASH
    FEEDBACK HOFOhttp://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=548086
    FEEDBACK HEATWARE
    http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=45218

Device(s)
    dell streak
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    about 3 hours of continuous 3g web surfing.

thinking about about my old iphone 8g (2nd generation), which didn't last the full 9 hours of my work day, the streak did managed to last till I get home.

Feedback Score
    I was able to root my beta version and then install the leaked and then the official O2 version. It is far better than the 1.6. Only thing I cannot tolerate is the battery life. After a full battery drain and charge a full night...I surf a couple of web pages and check my mail and the battery drains to 86% in like 30 mins.

Device(s)
    Nokia N73
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i guess its bearable

Device(s)
    Galaxy S II
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I finally ran into a guy that had a Streak, and he offered to let me play around with it. I was pretty impressed with the 1.6 build, and it was pretty snappy. The guy had all my usual apps, so loaded up a few and tested 'em out. I liked it. Once it's gotten some steam in the community, 2.1 shouldn't be a bad device.

Feedback Score
    Update on battery drain.
    I had read elsewhere that the battery needs to be drained to the point that it shuts off. Thus recalibrating itself. So I have now done this twice and it has significantly improved to a very acceptable level.
    Will keep you up to date.

Device(s)
    Nokia N73
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    very useful information!im gonna try it today and tomorrow!and will let you know

Device(s)
    Nokia N97- Finally!!
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    So I am a die hard Nokia fan, but their OS is just so washed out and boring. Even their MeeGo software looks boring so I see that the pretty big up and coming OS is Android. So i am considering getting the Dell Streak, but i have an unlocked Nokia N97 with a 10 dollar a month "stupid phone" unlimited data plan. So my question for everyone is if i buy this phone and pop in my current AT&T sim, will AT&T realize and make me switch my data plan???

PS- If anyone has the Streak can you tell me your opinion on it. Like does it actually look like a bomb in your hand when you walk down the street or do people say "hey what type of phone is that?" you know info like that. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dweinstock View Post
    So I am a die hard Nokia fan, but their OS is just so washed out and boring. Even their MeeGo software looks boring so I see that the pretty big up and coming OS is Android. So i am considering getting the Dell Streak, but i have an unlocked Nokia N97 with a 10 dollar a month "stupid phone" unlimited data plan. So my question for everyone is if i buy this phone and pop in my current AT&T sim, will AT&T realize and make me switch my data plan???

PS- If anyone has the Streak can you tell me your opinion on it. Like does it actually look like a bomb in your hand when you walk down the street or do people say "hey what type of phone is that?" you know info like that. Thanks
    They probably wouldn't know, I switched from a Blackberry and had to get my plan changed to a normal smartphone plan. They ended up putting me on a "dumb phone" unlimited plan, I had to call back and have them switch it to the unlimited smartphone plan. I know as of now the phone is not showing up as a Dell Streak, its coming up as a non at&t phone. They tech I was on the phone with swore up and down that I was using a non at&t phone, until she went on Dells website and saw it was infact an at&t only phone.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4