Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dell Streak: $500 unlocked in US, available next month!!! Android 2.1!

Device(s)
    P4000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up Couldn't have said it better myself ...

This is why I think the Streak will be a hit: http://www.ecommercetimes.com/rsstor...wlc=1276022244

Take care,
    Craig

Feedback Score
    I read some where the device is not being released in Europe with 2.1

I love to get this device with 2.2

Device(s)
    Dell Streak NA US 3G on Fido
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I hope they update soon. My streak with NA 3G is running 1.6. Anybody know how to get voice to text working for SMS/Emails etc. it works for URL input and Search... but not any text field.
    *Crackle* Hello? *Crackle* Hello? Can you hear me now?

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    You have an NA Streak in Canada?! Grrrr....beta tester or something I guess, or you purchased on ebay from a beta tester?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

pic of box with bands.. yes the camera is shoddy.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I saw one of these POS things. Way to large and runs like crap. WTF 1.6?? Anything Dell is crap anyway. Dont give any money to such a crap company!

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Question

Will the Dell Streak be available through www.Dell.Ca ? If not, can it be purchased from www.Dell.Com by a Canadian customer and sent to a Canadian address?

If neither of these options, is there a reliable Canadian dealer that will be selling the unlocked Dell Streak to be used on Fido?

How much over the US price do you think Canadians will be asked to pay?

I am VERY wary of promises that "We will upgrade the firmware later". I wonder if we can really count on Dell to upgrade from 1.6 to 2.2 later this year.
    "A cucumber should be well sliced, and dressed with pepper and vinegar, and then thrown out, as good for nothing."

Dr Samuel Johnson (1709-84)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarrenbool View Post
    Will the Dell Streak be available through www.Dell.Ca ? If not, can it be purchased from www.Dell.Com by a Canadian customer and sent to a Canadian address?

If neither of these options, is there a reliable Canadian dealer that will be selling the unlocked Dell Streak to be used on Fido?

How much over the US price do you think Canadians will be asked to pay?

I am VERY wary of promises that "We will upgrade the firmware later". I wonder if we can really count on Dell to upgrade from 1.6 to 2.2 later this year.
    UGH. wrote my post..and it was lost in the ether. anyways

dell.com you can purchase and ship to us address only. not Canadian.
    No mention of any canadian launch. $500USD at launch expected later in July

There will be a software update since the US version is launching with 2.1. The 1.6 units such as mine and the others in the UK will be updated to match, this has already been stated though the timeline isn't clear.

as for your question regarding reputable reseller and price.. its likely people will pick it up for resale and the price will obviously be higher given they're doing the groundwork for you..

Feedback Score
    I'm definitely picking up the US version of the Streak when it releases and I will be splitting my time between the Streak and Nexus One until the streak gets updated to Froyo later this year. At that point, I'll give my Nexus One to my dad.

Device(s)
    Main Use: iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Dell Streak has weird non-stop vibration issue: http://www.streaksmart.com/2010/07/n...reak.html#more

It happens sometimes when the power button is pressed. Only way to stop it is to remove the battery. There have been several reports of this. I'm going to wait from official word from Dell about a fix before considering this device.
    CURRENT ITEMS FOR SALE:

My feedback thread

Device(s)
    Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    With the preorder page for release the end of this month it appears this device is not only coming with 1.6 but on AT&T only at this time as it doesn't list TMobiles 1700 MHz. Bummer. They lost two sales for now.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    @Sir Topas, my US version Dell streak had no such issue.

@TheBrandon, it wasn't expected to launch with T-Mobile bands. But there was some word it was to launch with 2.1. Mine came with 1.6. But for many other reasons I decided to sell it. Frankly you're not missing much. Though having gone back to the iPhone I am missing the freedom of Android

Device(s)
    Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shylok View Post
    @Sir Topas, my US version Dell streak had no such issue.

@TheBrandon, it wasn't expected to launch with T-Mobile bands. But there was some word it was to launch with 2.1. Mine came with 1.6. But for many other reasons I decided to sell it. Frankly you're not missing much. Though having gone back to the iPhone I am missing the freedom of Android
    Since it had gotten the thumbs up from the FCC back in April on TMobiles bands I was kind of hoping it would. Shame about the flaws. Appreciate you sharing your experience!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Speakerphone was rubbish, like garbled and 1/2 volume of the iphone which already sucks.
    Ear speaker is 1/3 size of iPhone.. it's a 5inch phone?? If your ear isn't exactly above that tiny slot you hear nothing.
    Battery was horrid, though there are tales of it leveling out after 5full charges. I never got that far because it was forever dying throughout the day.

Device(s)
    Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shylok View Post
    Speakerphone was rubbish, like garbled and 1/2 volume of the iphone which already sucks.
    Ear speaker is 1/3 size of iPhone.. it's a 5inch phone?? If your ear isn't exactly above that tiny slot you hear nothing.
    Battery was horrid, though there are tales of it leveling out after 5full charges. I never got that far because it was forever dying throughout the day.
    Good gosh man. Doesn't sound like it could get much worse. A large phone that you have to angle in just the right area to hear people. Speakerphone worse then iPhone?? That is insane!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast