Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Post Your Comcast Internet Speed Test Results

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold, Iphone 3Gs
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Sorry for not replyling back i was celebrating my bday this weekend just turned 29. Interesting that u say that DTP, but do u have any idea what comcast is doing for their Xfinity roll out, i can tell you it is not just a name change. Also i was in a lab and the upstream showing will not be what u will get comcast Extreme II tier will be 105mbs dl 25mbs up this is a very special install when launched and cannot be done yourself. i would go into more detail but propietary info i am not aloud to give out until launch which is in 2wks

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Lol my friends ask me all the time for free stuff, unafortunately unless u live with me there are really no benefits

Device(s)
    Embarq ppc 6700 on verizon (lg vx8300 esn on it)
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prophecydark View Post
    Sorry for not replyling back i was celebrating my bday this weekend just turned 29. Interesting that u say that DTP, but do u have any idea what comcast is doing for their Xfinity roll out, i can tell you it is not just a name change. Also i was in a lab and the upstream showing will not be what u will get comcast Extreme II tier will be 105mbs dl 25mbs up this is a very special install when launched and cannot be done yourself. i would go into more detail but propietary info i am not aloud to give out until launch which is in 2wks
    ok that's more believable .... 95 up is pushing it on the up stream but 25 sounds realistic and reasonable

just a quick question .... do you know when docsis 3.0 will come to houston ... its been a while on any updates .... haveing houston the time warner left overs in all is sort of a pain in the *** .... im thinking about going to verizon fios soon

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Docsis 3.0 for all of Comcast should be out by this year for everyone but you cant hold me to it because i am in the Eastern division. And unafortunately each part of Comcast does what it wants so, i Hope this year.

Feedback Score
    I actually have a DOCSIS 3.0 modem, but my speeds are still mortal (20/8). Thats over WIFI though. If I plugged in to the router directly, what could I expect to see? I am assuming my plan (16mbps) would what capped me.

Device(s)
    Embarq ppc 6700 on verizon (lg vx8300 esn on it)
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tmason68 View Post
    I actually have a DOCSIS 3.0 modem, but my speeds are still mortal (20/8). Thats over WIFI though. If I plugged in to the router directly, what could I expect to see? I am assuming my plan (16mbps) would what capped me.
    all depends on your area and network load .... if you have a docsis 3.0 modem but not in a docsis 3.0 area you will only get docsis 1.0-2.0 speeds

and also if you dont have a plan/tier thats above 40 mbps most likely your not really gettings docsis 3.0 speeds

if your interested in seeing fast speeds start researching docsis diagnostics

but may i warn you any changes done to a modem must be reported directly to the isp or your going against there TOS

Feedback Score
    I was lucky to get here, as im having a lot of trouble with my connection speed. Thats why im asking for your help. I've been having issues for some days now, and every comcast speed test i do, offers different results. I am really lost here. cheers and thanks in advance.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i guess comcast change its speeds for the Economy Internet Service plans...i was getting 1Mbps max when downloading, today i notice my speeds were a lil faster, so i did 3 speed test and getting just bout 1.5Mbps..then i come home again and speeds are still the same 1.5Mbps...so i went on the comcast site to see if they made any changes well what do i find? comcast up their speeds!..yea its nothing to get worked up bout but at least its faster...any one else who has this plan see the speed boost?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Comcast $19.99/mo.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 503ducati View Post
    Comcast $19.99/mo.

$20 for the speeds ur getting?? im guessing that u have other services with them to get a deal like that...i only have internet and pay like $25 a month...soon will be getting evo 4G for my internet, if the tower even reaches me which is iffy right now.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    this is what im getting

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    this is what im getting

That's it?? What do you pay?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    $20 for the speeds ur getting?? im guessing that u have other services with them to get a deal like that...i only have internet and pay like $25 a month...soon will be getting evo 4G for my internet, if the tower even reaches me which is iffy right now.
    It's a promo price that a local Comcast rep @BestBuy is/has been "re-upping" for me. Otherwise I do use my EVO tethered at times, especially when it's due for charging anyway.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    That's it?? What do you pay?
    lil over $25...i was only getting 1Mb before they up the speeds

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 503ducati View Post
    It's a promo price that a local Comcast rep @BestBuy is/has been "re-upping" for me. Otherwise I do use my EVO tethered at times, especially when it's due for charging anyway.
    so you always get this promo price at $20 with those speeds? might have to into best buy and c if i can work sumthing out?....yea im hoping for 4G to be around my area

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast