Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Thread: HOW TO: Fully Flash an HTC Droid Eris to Metro PCS (Tutorial v2.0)

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I feel like a real dumbie when trying to do this. I am unable to get the internet it seems though. When i go to device manager on vista it comes up under "other Devices" as "HTC DIAG" I have my eris rooted already but it is still on stock 2.1. Im completely new to this stuff. If anyone can help me out it would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have a rooted HTC Eris Driod that was perviously on the verizon network but is currently not in service.... so far I have been using it around the house to serf the web with my wifi.
    I am running GB 2.3 I would like to flash this phone to Metro PCS and start using it again... would this be possible if I currently dont have a plan? not too sure if the old phone number assigned to it is even valid or if someone else is using it since i turned off service years ago?
    Any recomendations or what are my options?

Thanks...

Droid Newbie.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlyzz View Post
    I have a rooted HTC Eris Driod that was perviously on the verizon network but is currently not in service.... so far I have been using it around the house to serf the web with my wifi.
    I am running GB 2.3 I would like to flash this phone to Metro PCS and start using it again... would this be possible if I currently dont have a plan? not too sure if the old phone number assigned to it is even valid or if someone else is using it since i turned off service years ago?
    Any recomendations or what are my options?

Thanks...

Droid Newbie.
    First of all you need to open a MetroPcs account.Once you do that you have to get the Esn added from the Eris to the Metro database,this can be done either at a Metro store or a person on ebay.After you get those 2 things taken care of thats when you can start flashing it following this guide.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Does anyone still have the Grdlocks Official 2.1 Rom that they can upload? (link is dead) Im running cyanogen mod 7 and although a great mod, I cant enter diagnostic mode by entering ##3424. So if someone still has the original Grdlocks Official 2.1 Rom or a similiar sense based rom could they please upload it. I went on xda developers but the majority of the links are dead.

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by skog View Post
    Does anyone still have the Grdlocks Official 2.1 Rom that they can upload? (link is dead) Im running cyanogen mod 7 and although a great mod, I cant enter diagnostic mode by entering ##3424. So if someone still has the original Grdlocks Official 2.1 Rom or a similiar sense based rom could they please upload it. I went on xda developers but the majority of the links are dead.
    Not sure if this is what you are looking for but this is a way simpler way to get all the data access set up. This is what I use now.

(I tried to give you a link but the forum wouldn't let me.) Just google MetroOff. the first link I show is for Android forum, and there are links there.

Metroff makes it a one step flash without having to go to diagnostic mode for Cyanogen mod 7 and MetroPcs. Just flash this over your cyanogen mod 7 and presto, mms and data work.

Also you don't have to use the original roms to have diagnostic mode. As far as I know all the Sense roms will work.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    hmm i downloaded metrooff and flashed it over my cm 7 but still no data or mms.
    could someone upload a sense rom that supports diagnostic mode? I downloaded a few sense based roms
    but couldnt access diagnostic mode in any of them.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    thanks to share the useful things with me!

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27