Thread: T-mobile My touch 3 G slide phone

Device(s)
    N1 & G2 next up=Samsung Tab
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

N1 or Slide?

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac05 View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I was waiting after WWDC to make my decision, and it looks like the iphone will be staying with AT&T, and I will not switch over to AT&T for anything!

So it will either be the slide or the nexus one. I'm leaning toward the slide, as it has the keyboard and this will be a great transitional phone coming from a keyboard (blackberry).
    I've got the N1 and I just bought the wife the Slide. She made me return the HD2 I had bought for her and she hung with her G1 until the Slide debuted.

If you are into small, sleek and powerful, go with the N1. If you don't need extreme specs and prefer a keyboard you can't go wrong with the slide. The Sense UI with the espresso overlay is easy to use. With the pdanet app you can turn the Slide into a wifi hotspot and tether up to 5 devices. A very solid middle of the pack device that T-Mobile will sell boatloads of.

I've been drooling over the Galaxy S, so the N1 may have to go for me to upgrade.

Best of luck with your decision.
    Unplugged Since 1999

Feedback Score
    On the upside the keyboard is user friendly, has some nice built-in apps like bar scanner etc. Phone looks better in person than in pictures. Build quality seems decent. Downside: Phone is somewhat difficult to slide open because of the slick paint job and the tightness of the build. (unlike the Cliq which easily slides open and closed.) The deal breaker that caused me to send it back was the speaker. It sounds like crap at full volume with moderate to extreme distortion depending on source. I paid full retail and for that I got a speaker that sounds like it came out of one of the cheap Samsungs. If you're accustomed to the sound quality of the TP2 or Cliq then avoid this one.
    AMERICA IS ALREADY GREAT

Device(s)
    HTC Evo
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; T-Mobile_Espresso Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Yeah this phone is hot and cold with me. It has tons of great features and its nice having a full keyboard (though the tp2 and cliq have better keyboards) but its just not a superphone. For a midrange phone it is great. Why doesn't the keyboard have a d-pad?
    I need the Samsung Epic NOW!!!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    HTC just likes big keys? The CLIQ's keyboard is perfect for me, and even though the phone itself is small they managed to fit a D-Pad in along with an excellent keyboard with some space to spare. The TP2's keyboard is obnoxiously large.
    Bye!

Device(s)
    HTC Evo
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; T-Mobile_Espresso Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Quote Originally Posted by iFone3G
    HTC just likes big keys? The CLIQ's keyboard is perfect for me, and even though the phone itself is small they managed to fit a D-Pad in along with an excellent keyboard with some space to spare. The TP2's keyboard is obnoxiously large.
    The cliq has a perfect keyboard. If it ran android 2.1 it would be on par with the mt slide

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    My wife stopped in to a T-M store last weekend and decided this phone was great. Decided to give up her BB8900. Ater a few days, turned it back. WHY?
    Becaue - You have to have the phone physically in your hand to control anything.
    With every other phone out there, you can at least initiate calls via your headset. We both are on our phones a lot, and wear our headsets much o the day. The only thing you can do w. your headset w.o. having the phone in your hand is answer an incoming call.
    This phone allows you to do all kinds o actions by speaaking directly to the phone. Why not make it BT friendly?

...mike
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    8 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. TM One plan. Get $10/mo. rebate on 7 lines for low data use. Net cost about $185-190/mo. We haven't had a landline in more than 17 years.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    I posted the above problem on TM's own forum site. One response said that none of his Moto headsets activated the "genius" button but a Jawbone headset did.

Sounds like this could be corrected w. a software upgrade. Limiting use to just one brand of headsets makes no sense. TM should put out a store memo on this.

...mike

Device(s)
    Samsung Vibrant T-959 Galaxy S Series
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I was seriously considering the My Touch Slide until I just read the comment on the speaker. Now I might just consider just the G1. What do you guys think? Also, is it possible to be able to just get these phones with only data? I am considering the Skype/VOIP route with Skype connected to my Google Voice account. Also, has anyone ever tried Skype on any of these Android phones?
    Peace
    S II

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm not one to use the speaker on my phone unless I'm in a private room so I don't know about the speaker, but over all I enjoy the MTS. The G1 is no longer on sale at t-mobile, but of coarse you can get it on Ebay. If you do go this route I would suggest getting it unlocked and rooted to take full advantage of the phone. I don' use skype but I do use sipdroid with my sipgate one account. All incoming calls are free, I connect it with my google voice and it works very well. I also use fring for video calls and that works very well too it hardly has a delay.

You can get data only but when you call they will try to push you to have voice. Just tell them you want data only and they have the plans for that. its $10 higher than the data add-ons for voice plans.

HTH
    With T-Mobile since 2003
    1000min Family Time $69.99
    Unlimited Family Messaging $9.99
    Preferred Unlimited Mytouch Internet $20 x2
    Premium Handset Insurance $7.99 x2
    MyFaves add-on $Free x2

I plan Events and Weddings
    EGO Productions: Events Glamourously Outdone

Ideal Phone: Android with a keyboard, 2ghz processor 32g ROM and 2g RAM, front facing camera, and running with all bands of 3G and 4G with UMA...I can dream can't I!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I guess that's cool. I just desperately NEED a phone since I had the Page Plus Unlimited Talk and Text but decided to stop using it since
    they raised their price. I definantly would like to stay below $50 including taxes per month and intend to use VOIP anyway. Can you set custom ringers for any of the VOIP applications on the Android series phones? It's not a necessity but I would really appreciate it. Also, from personal opinions, what Android phone do you guys suggest. Also, by looking at the sig, how did you manage to get the MyFaves add on for free? I thought it's not supported anymore.
    Peace
    S II

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So I definantly intend to get an Android phone today or tomorrow. I'm looking at T-Mobile. What phones do you guys recommend and what is a good (more dependable) VOIP to use with it or should I just get the Unlimited Skype? Also, is there a VOIP out there where I can port my current cellphone number to?
    Peace
    S II

Feedback Score
    Is anyone experiencing any bugs? So far from what I have read on this phone folks are not having bugs like on other comparable android phones like Sprint's Moment and HTC Hero with the airline mode bug for the moment and call lockup issues of the Hero. It sounds like this phone actually works without buggy lockups or random negative events happening. Would that be true?

I am looking at a reliable communication device first (calls, texts) then an android pocket computer/entertainment device second. Does this phone fit the bill?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would say yes, the myTouch 3G Slide is considerably bug free. You don't hear much about problems with it..

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    Wife was about ready to give up her BB even tho it doesn't have UMA. We use it overseas. She would have used my BB for email when overseas rather than pay high data charges.
    When we go it home it all seemed to work fine. Then we discovered it wouldn't work, completely w. any of our Moto BT headsets. Went back to company store. They then called tm support themselves and confirmed most (all) BT wouldn't work properly but the next OS would. Since she uses her BT as much as I, that wouldn't work and went back to her old BB.
    Others, here, posted that they did get some BT headsets to work. Other than this problem, I can't recall seeing any negatives of consequence posted.
    ...mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2