Thread: Wal-Mart cuts iPhone 3GS price in half 16 GB model will sell for $97

Device(s)
    Sprint Evo/iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint/At&t
    Feedback Score

Wal-Mart cuts iPhone 3GS price in half 16 GB model will sell for $97

http://www.fevermagazine.com/a/techn...phone-3gs.html

There's a lot going on in the iPhone world these days. We've seen no shortage of next-gen iPhone leaks, and we've just recently heard that the 8GB iPhone 3G is getting close to the end of its life. According to MSNBC, today Wal-Mart has said they will be selling the 16GB iPhone 3GS for $97 with a two-year AT&T contract. The new price is supposed to go in effect Tuesday May 25, 2010 (that's tomorrow if you weren't sure). Obviously, this adds to the on-going speculation that a new iPhone will be ushered in within the coming weeks, only to be made official sometime around 10:00am CST (that's Cupertino standard time if you were curious) on June 7th at the opening keynote of WWDC.

Anyone plan on heading down to Wal-Mart tomorrow, or would you prefer to wait for the next-gen goodness? Give us a shout in the comments!

Device(s)
    Motorola Atrix HD Maxx / iPhone 5 (backup)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    That isn't too shocking. It has been out almost a year.
    Seems like it is cool to have these in your sig?

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Walmart is doing right by getting rid of old stock to make way for the new Iphone.

Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Well, if anyone has the economy of scales to make this move early, it's Wal-Mart.

I'm sure it'll suck up all those whose income mandates this or don't know any better.
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wow, that's cheap. They are getting the shelves ready for the next generation iPhone Yeah baby, bring it on!

Feedback Score
    Not being interested in any contract prices, I wonder if anyone knows the outright purchase price now at Wally?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    This thread should be in the AT&T forum. It does not concern all iPhone users.
    Earl F. Parrish

Device(s)
    LG N5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingc
    Not being interested in any contract prices, I wonder if anyone knows the outright purchase price now at Wally?
    The last time I went there they would not sell it outright. Who knows what will happen when the new iPhone comes out!

Device(s)
    iPhone fOur
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Umm.. I'm not quit sure it really concern AT&T users all that much?

Device(s)
    LG V30; iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre71
    Anyone plan on heading down to Wal-Mart tomorrow, or would you prefer to wait for the next-gen goodness? Give us a shout in the comments!
    I am waiting for the next generation, having two 3GS on my plan already.

But this is a great deal for any number of people.

The newest devices that you can currently buy like the Incredible and the Nexus One with Froyo are just barely beating the 3GS, IMHO. Before I buy anything else, I am going to have to see if the next iPhone represents a clear advantage over the Snapdragon devices.

Has anybody played with a Nexus One that has Froyo and Flash installed? Froyo works great without Flash, but when you install Flash your Web experience becomes slow and choppy. Froyo without Flash seems to be a good alternative to the 3GS, but the more you slow it down with the additions, the more I think we're all better served with Apple OS.

Device(s)
    Motorola Atrix HD Maxx / iPhone 5 (backup)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by George Knighton
    Has anybody played with a Nexus One that has Froyo and Flash installed? Froyo works great without Flash, but when you install Flash your Web experience becomes slow and choppy. Froyo without Flash seems to be a good alternative to the 3GS, but the more you slow it down with the additions, the more I think we're all better served with Apple OS.
    I like the ability to have the choice. Speed and a neutered web experience, or the full web but slower. It is great to see the consumer have a choice on Android, not forced into whatever some company wants to develop.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by {StatuSChecKa}
    Umm.. I'm not quit sure it really concern AT&T users all that much?
    Where else except in the United States can one purchase an iPhone from Walmart? The only iPhone carrier in the United States is AT&T. In fact a similar thread has already started in the AT&T forum.

Device(s)
    iphone 64GB 4S - White
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just got a nice offer for one of my 3GS today. It's jailbroken and unlocked.
    any suggestions on safest way to remove my personal info. don't want to loose the jail break.
    iphone 4 16G

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri
    Where else except in the United States can one purchase an iPhone from Walmart? The only iPhone carrier in the United States is AT&T. In fact a similar thread has already started in the AT&T forum.
    heck, even if it was from Bubba on Eghey, as long as Iphone is in the sentence, I'd say it's an Apple of a subject.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    im getting excited!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast