Thread: I bought a replacement phone from Ebay

Device(s)
    LG Google Nexus 5x, Samsung Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Ultra Mobile
    Feedback Score

I bought a replacement phone from Ebay

I bought a UTStarcom CDM-7075 off Ebay and I've tried to activate it both online, over-the-air and calling in. When I bought it all I thought was, it's a Verizon phone and I can just swap it out. After about 20 minutes with the Customer Service rep we tried the SPC code and it was not the default of 000000 (six-zeroes) nor was it the last digits of the phone number. I did some further research and it appears that this phone was originally a prepaid version. Anyone have any ideas on what the SPC code is so that I can go in and change it? Right now the phone is completely useless and a waste of money. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Device(s)
    Motorola V325i
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Send it back to the scum bag cell phone dealer on ebay

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    About four years ago I got a prepaid phone activated on a post paid account. CS had to go in and "move" the ESN from the prepaid side to the post paid side. I did this at a corporate store. Don't know what she did but I do know that I walked out of there with the phone working. Worked great until it got lost this past October. I believe it was a Pantec 215.

The other option is to contact the Ebay seller and tell them what happened. Usually, they will work with you because they want to keep their ratings up. In the future, ask the seller to give you the ESN to the phone and then call VZW and find out if the phone can be activated. By doing this I have saved myself the trouble of buying two phones that were "blacklisted" (reported lost/stolen to VZW) and thus unusable. Generally though, I have great success buying phones off of Ebay.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S10e
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    IIRC the ESN/MEID of a prepaid had to be active for at least 6 months on prepaid until it can be provisioned on post paid. you should contact the seller and get a refund through Ebay.

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you can remember how you got to the spc code where it should be six 0's, go back and change it to six 0's. I believe that is what is stopping the *228 from doing its thing. Just type in 0's when you are on that screen, close out and see what happens.

Remember what was there before changing it to six 0's, so you can change it back if it does not work. This may not work, probably wont, but its worth a shot. I do know that if the spc code is not 6 zero's, *228 will not work.

Dont change anything else in that seceret menu area.
    Iphone 4, haven't looked back..