Thread: Anyone thinking about leaving for the EVO?

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score

Anyone thinking about leaving for the EVO?

Im sure ill get flamed for this but im really curious. I know its pretty much an incredible with a bigger screen and a few other features. I have actually thought about it just bc of the monthly savings. Sprints network isnt perfect but its not bad where i live.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I am. My contract with Verizon is up in August. It will cost me less for 3 lines with Sprint than it does for two with Verizon. Where I'm at, Sprint is 4G.

I've wanted an iPhone for forever, but I'm not gonna pay that for horrible service. The system ATT has in Lubbock can barely handle what they have now. When 4G comes out I don't know how the network is going to handle it. All those people? Man, it would suck to get that cool phone and not be able to use it to it's full potential.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Lubbock has 4G in select areas. It's not strong. They don't even have 3G yet from what my cousin says.

Sprint is charging everyone 10.00 more because of the 4G on it. Even if you don't get 4G coverage.

Verizon will come out with something better. They always do.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yes, Verizon does; however, I don't think they'll be going down on their plan pricing.

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmccay
    Yes, Verizon does; however, I don't think they'll be going down on their plan pricing.
    Exactly! Theyll probly charge everyone an extra $20. Dont get me wrong im a die hard VZW customer but i gotta draw the line somewhere.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AnswerMe
    Exactly! Theyll probly charge everyone an extra $20. Dont get me wrong im a die hard VZW customer but i gotta draw the line somewhere.

Exactly what I'm thinking. Look, I love Verizon. I've never had a problem calling out, texting, etc, but at some point price has to become a factor. I have the EnV Touch and that is not worth 29.99 for unlimited data (that's if I were going to upgrade my phone). I can't make any changes to my plan at all or I would just buy a phone and change my plan.

Device(s)
    EVO LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellKrazeDude
    Lubbock has 4G in select areas. It's not strong. They don't even have 3G yet from what my cousin says.

Sprint is charging everyone 10.00 more because of the 4G on it. Even if you don't get 4G coverage.

Verizon will come out with something better. They always do.

That's almost 12 months in the making and it's pretty much a guarantee it'll cost more buy by then vzw may have 4G there.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I guess I'm just a cheapskate. I penny pinch. I have two kids and I never buy them anything full retail, never. I use coupons, discounts, and shop around.

If that makes me a bad guy then so be it.

I'm a great customer. I have never screamed at, cursed at, or etc at a rep. I pay my bill on time, every time, every month. I have a family plan and much of my extended family are with Verizon.

I really want to stay with Verizon, but I also want a knew phone. I love my firstborn and have no intention of giving her to Verizon so I can talk on an Incredible.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    *new

I can spell, really I can.

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted ( Samsung Omnia: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    Republic
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmccay
    I guess I'm just a cheapskate. I penny pinch. I have two kids and I never buy them anything full retail, never. I use coupons, discounts, and shop around.

If that makes me a bad guy then so be it.

I'm a great customer. I have never screamed at, cursed at, or etc at a rep. I pay my bill on time, every time, every month. I have a family plan and much of my extended family are with Verizon.

I really want to stay with Verizon, but I also want a knew phone. I love my firstborn and have no intention of giving her to Verizon so I can talk on an Incredible.
    Your story is hilarious but so true. I make fun of my mom for being what I call "coupon-crazy" but it all adds up, and I do the same thing to a lesser extent. I know cellular networks are really expensive to run, but I think VZW's prices are a little much. Sure that might go to supporting the "great" customer service that I've called a total of one time or all of the corporate stores which I've gone into maybe three times, but I hope the market dictates a change with their pricing strategy.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X (current), Motorola Driod A855 (2009-2011), Blackberry Storm 9530 (2008-2009)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless since 1997 (PrimeCo)
    Feedback Score
    Heck no. Sprint's 3G coverage is bad enough in northern AZ, let alone ZERO 4G in the entire state.

EVO is a sweet looking phone, don't get me wrong but it's not worth it here.

Device(s)
    EVO LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Now that the phone is out, how many have switched or is the Droid 2 and Scorpion rumor holding some back?