Nokia 6263
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Nokia 5230 Nuron??

Has anyone used this phone?
    I am thinking about upgrading to this phone through T-Mobile.
    Has anyone de-branded this phone so it will accept third party applications?
    Thanks in advance for any and all help!!

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It's a pretty good phone for its price.

It's S60v5 phones (not S40) so you don't need it to be un-branded for 3rd party apps. OVI maps navigation works.
    Phone History: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | HTC Sensation 4G | Google Nexus One | HTC HD2 | Nokia 5230 Nuron | Nokia N900 | BB Curve 8900 | iPhone 3G | Google Ion | Nokia 5800XM | Nokia E71-2 | T-Mobile G1 | iPhone 2G

My Feedbacks: eBay | Heatware | HoFo

Device(s)
    V330
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It is a decent phone for the price. There are lots of user complaints about bugs in various aspects of the operations such as dissapearing message notification alerts/sounds after a while, et. al. So some patience and bug tolerance are needed if you are going to wait a few months for new firmware to hopefully eventually fix some of the more annoying issues. If you want something polished and debugged that "just works perfectly" from the start, I'd wait / skip it.

The lack of 802.11 wireless LAN capability is a drawback for many.

The ability to use a lower cost data plan, Tmobile 3G, Ovi Maps free, basic GPS functionality, and the ability to get a decent amount of extra 3rd party applications are nice.

I don't know about the value proposition of this as a subsidized upgrade handset. When you can buy this phone with a fair bit of accessories for $120 with zero contract (see the "To Go" forum), even if it was "free" with subsidy seems like not such a great deal financially for the added costs of a 2 year contract compared to some higher end handsets with larger contract subsidy amounts. Personally I'd just pick it up without the contract extension for that price since one would often pay far more than that over time if one got the "subsidy".

If you want 802.11 wireless networking and don't need Tmobile USA 3G cellular data functionality, I'd look at the 5800 XpressMusic when it is on sale with a coupon discount from Dell since it hits $199 at those times (unlocked/unbranded) and isn't that much more than the $120 you can get the Nuron for unsubsidized.

Free access to Ovi Maps offline, the less expensive data plan option, and the availability of S60 v5 3rd party software apps and TM USA 3G and the low unsubsidized price are the aspects that drew me to this phone and it seems like a good value for those respects, but I'd say the 5800 XM would be a better choice if one is willing to spend a bit more and wants the non-cellular wifi option.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6263
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks for the replies. Y'all have been a big help!!

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have successfully debranded 5230. Except you want 3.5 under the signal bar and force 3G connection, you don't really need to debrand it.

Optimum/Cablevision

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    my nuron battery indicator seems to be off. It shows almost full charge then in the morning it's out of gas...it happens suddenly. anybody else notice this?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes, it could be the battery but I had 2 and they both behaved like that.
    Bye!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Battery life - change settings

I had the same problem, dead battery 2 days in a row.

I found this on T-Mobile, followed the settings & now get MUCH better battery performance.

http://forums.t-mobile.com/t5/Nokia-...on/ta-p/382063

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

that $10 extra a month totals $240 over 2 years

And when you can but the phone from T-Mobile for less, let along many other places that sells for around $100 or less, well as they say, do the math

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnmcd View Post
    Has anyone used this phone?
    I am thinking about upgrading to this phone through T-Mobile.
    Has anyone de-branded this phone so it will accept third party applications?
    Thanks in advance for any and all help!!
    you'll get dead battery