Thread: I890 Help

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

I890 Help

I have the I890 and have had the ROAMING ICON always added in the past to my phones such as , I860, I730, I85, I1000 Plus and so on. No one at the sprint store knows what I'm talking about. I know that Nextel does not roam, Its just the Icon on the screen that I like to see, so I know when I'm out of my home market. I remember that it was downloaded with the data cable and something from there. The store that used to do this for me, does not sell Nextel products anymore. I have been to the Sprint/Nextel Stores and they have no idea what I'm talking about. Is there any way I can get this on my new I890? Please email me at [email protected], IM me or alert me.
    New York, NY.
    40 Pennents
    27 World Championships
    New York Yankees
    RIP Nextel, you will be missed.

Device(s)
    LG G6, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Unless you travel to Canada, Alabama, Georgia, a small section of Mississippi, or a small section of the Florida panhandle, you will always be in your home market.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I know that when I travel out of my "home area" that roaming icon came on the screen. I know what you mean about Canada and the other places. I want to be able to have it again. Any Techs have any ideas??

Device(s)
    Moto Z Play Droid
    Carrier(s)
    The big V
    Feedback Score
    Are you thinking of the old days before nationwide Direct Connect when you'd get charged when out of your home market? All the new plans include unlimited NDC. No worries about "home market" anymore.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by country6925
    Are you thinking of the old days before nationwide Direct Connect when you'd get charged when out of your home market? All the new plans include unlimited NDC. No worries about "home market" anymore.
    It has nothing to do with NWDC. Its when you go out of your "home market" an orange icon will show up. I beleive to have it enabled it goes through the data cable with the use of the RSS program.

Device(s)
    LG G6, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JESNYY
    I know that when I travel out of my "home area" that roaming icon came on the screen. I know what you mean about Canada and the other places. I want to be able to have it again. Any Techs have any ideas??
    Just what "home area" are you talking about?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261
    Just what "home area" are you talking about?

"Home Market" is where the phone is registered meaning NY/NJ/CT/WMA area. When traveling out of my "home market" that is when the roaming icon comes on. I want to know who can enable the roaming icon for me through RSS.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Since it turns out this is basically a cp modding request, post the cp in the "cp mod request" thread and if someone can do it they will.

Thread closed.

Become a Premium Member or Advertiser here!
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.