Thread: Found HTC Droid Eris Phone Activation

Device(s)
    VX5200
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Found HTC Droid Eris Phone Activation

My friend recently found a a HTC Droid Eris and he gave it to me to use. I'm not sure should I activate it or not, because what if the original owner report as stolen will I get in trouble? What are my options?

Device(s)
    Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Take it to a store near you so they can get it back to its rightful owner, that's what you should do.

The person who did own it, I would bet 99.9% reported it lost/stolen anyways, so you won't be able to activate it no matter what.

Device(s)
    Motorola V325i
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Of course you'll get in trouble. Take it to the nearest Verizon store, and turn it in. Do the right thing. What if you lost yours wouldnt you want it back?

Device(s)
    Motorola V325i
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    We posted same time skullman lol

Device(s)
    VX5200
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I will do that. Thank you

Device(s)
    Motorola V325i
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Or you could call the guy or one of his friends. His or her phone number is in there somewhere, prolly would give you a reward phone

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by larrykay
    Of course you'll get in trouble. Take it to the nearest Verizon store, and turn it in. Do the right thing. What if you lost yours wouldnt you want it back?
    He won't get in trouble. They won't even waste their time pursuing it.

Device(s)
    Underutilized 3G MM
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon for now
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMEZONEC
    My friend recently found a a HTC Droid Eris and he gave it to me to use. I'm not sure should I activate it or not, because what if the original owner report as stolen will I get in trouble? What are my options?
    You get a tiny bit of credit for at least showing a little conscience. But, you'd have gotten some respect if your question had been "How do I get this phone back to the rightful owner?" rather than "Will I get in trouble if it's been reported stolen?". The fact that you asked that question should have been your guide to do the right thing, aside from the fact that you probably won't get in trouble but probably won't be able to activate it either. If your moral compass is "whether I'll get in trouble or not" then you've got a lot more to worry about than whether you can activate a most likely lost/stolen phone.

Device(s)
    Motorola V325i
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Look what happened to the people that bought the new Iphone protoype off of the guy that found it in a bar (Gizmodo I think). Same thing to me. Good luck

Device(s)
    Cylon Droid Communicator
    Carrier(s)
    New Caprica Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skullman80
    Take it to a store near you so they can get it back to its rightful owner, that's what you should do.

The person who did own it, I would bet 99.9% reported it lost/stolen anyways, so you won't be able to activate it no matter what.
    Agreed. Thread Closed
    Keep all PHONE discussion within the Verizon Phone Discussion sub forum. We will close/move threads without notice if you do not follow the the VZW forum rules. Report inappropriate posts by clicking on the red triangle in the upper right hand corner of any post, or the orange triangle in the bottom left for Premium members.