Thread: Is droid incredible usable in canada

Feedback Score

Is droid incredible usable in canada

I'm thinking about getting an droid incredible but it seems canada is still far away from getting its own incredible. Im wondering if it is possible to import it from the states and use it in canada. Thank you

Device(s)
    IP4
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Incredible is CDMA AFAIK

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    telus and bell have CDMA , but i dont think the same freq as verizon.
    Device 1 Daily Use: Galaxy Note N7000 ROM: RocketRom V20
    Previous Android Phones: HTC Dream*sold*, Motorola Milestone*sold*, Nexus One*traded*, Samsung Captivate*sold*, Nexus One*sold*, Sony Xperia Arc*sold*, HTC Desire HD*traded*, HTC Evo 3D*sold*, Asus Transformer*returned x2*,Acer Iconia A500*traded*, Samsung Galaxy S2*traded*, Samsung Galaxy Nexus*traded*
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/JamieD81

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Canadian and USA CDMA frequencies are the same. As long as you can get a CDMA carrier to activate, you should be set.

Feedback Score
    Apparently you are going to need a CDMA2000 phone and somehow find out its ESN, MEID and etc, then rewrite those codes on your Incredible to match your CDMA card...

sounds like a lot of trouble to go through for a phone...

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    Short answer, NO. Bell and Telus will not activate CDMA phones from other carriers in general.

If you want something similar to the Incredible but HSPA, your closest bet would be the NAM 3G HTC Desire (e.g. from Telstra Australia with UMTS 850 MHz included; NOT the UK version with only UMTS 900/2100) which has slightly lower specs (5 MP camera, less internal storage) but it's still a beautiful and snappy Android phone with the same UI. The Telus version of the Desire, called HTC Triumph, should arrive in July/August if you can wait.

No word of anything with the Incredible's specs getting NAM 3G but the Android phone world does seem to evolve at breakneck speed

Feedback Score
    i picked up an incredible last spring 2010 have been using it on telus since. its probably the best phone ever, better then iphone 4 and faster. 1 ghz processor with android 2.2.

now i am working iphone 4 cdma solution for telus for %100 percent solution!

yes its over wi-fi in calgary.

Feedback Score
    Can you explain how you got this phone working on Telus? I would love to put this phone on the Telus network.

ReDz