Thread: how to get bell to stop billing for a returned PVR?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

how to get bell to stop billing for a returned PVR?

hope this is in the right section.

My dad was renting a PVR with his satellite TV thru Bell. I talked him into buying a unit rather then paying $20 a month.

That was over 5 months ago. He has kept all his receipts and printed copies of the tracking information for the return from purolator.

Every month bell charges him $20. Every month he calls and emails to have them remove the charge.

Every month they say they are sorry and are sending a ticket to the billing dept to remove the recurring charges. and credit the previous charges.

He continues to pay his bill in full every month but seriously this has got to stop..

What can he do to have them remove these charges? I have suggested speaking to retentions about canceling his service. Would that be effective?

He is happy with his service just wants to stop paying for something he returned months ago.

Device(s)
    Motorola V505
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    I'm with Bell Express Vu, I have 2 Receiver, and gave one to my brother in Windsor, they called us one day asking to get the location code, but because brother was out of town and had it with him, they shut down my acct. Who do I call to complain? even though I know account splitting is wrong.
    AT&T Wireless GSM America
    Moto Razr V3 Silver in Clear case.
    850 North America Anytime Minutes & 7PM N/W in North America. M2M
    Can't beat free Mobile to Mobile in USA
    free Mexico, USA & Canada calling/roaming.
    $49.99 US

Truth be told, I'd rather have Rogers over Bellus , especially on New Year's @ 12:01am in the GTA.
    Motorola V505 used - $160 Sold
    Motorola V505 New - For Sale
    Nokia 3100b New - For Sale

*PM for prices on the V505 or 3100b.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    Nuclearjack: If they won't listen to reason, they'll listen to Roseman...
    [email protected]
    http://www.ellenroseman.com/?p=8

Device(s)
    Unlocked Rogers Blackberry Q10 | LG Nexus-4 | Samsung Nexus-S
    Carrier(s)
    Fido | Rogers Prepaid | LycaMobile US | Bell | T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuggedaboutid
    Who do I call to complain? even though I know account splitting is wrong.
    It is bad forum etiquette to hijack someone else's thread with your own question. You should normally start a new thread.

However, that being said...You can't complain to anyone since what you're doing is against the terms and conditions (all receivers must be physically at the same address and/or plugged into the phone line).

You complaining about this is equivalent to the cable company finding out that you've spliced your cable line and are sharing your signal with your neighbours and they cut off your signal.

What are you going to say when you complain? The only thing that I can see you saying is that you didn't know that sharing is not allowed but that wouldn't accomplish anything since they still won't activate both the receivers. Complaining won't accomplish anything since you were in the "wrong". I'm not sure why you would complain or even think of complaining... it is equivalent to you getting a speeding ticket for going 100km in a 70km zone and then complaining to the police about it when he gave you a ticket... what would complaining accomplish? Nothing.

Normally when this happens, they normally just shut down the receiver that you can't provide the location ID for and not all the receivers.
    Unlimited Fido Data Plan: Netgear Aircard LTE Mobile Hotspot

My Tech Blog