Thread: CNN down on T~Zones/Web2Go?

Feedback Score

CNN down on T~Zones/Web2Go?

I tried this today on a few different of my T~Mobile prepaid phones to get CNN from T~Zones/Web2Go but CNN is not coming up today, ABC and ESPN and Amusing Info do come up.

Is anyone else having this problem today?

CNN was working yesterday. I always check my weather from CNN but can't using any of my bookmarks or even get into the CNN site at all.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    Is this prepaid/T-Mobile To-go? Their portal was always giving me issues.

I will check my old prepaid line later, last I checked everything was working on the free T-zones portal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenna
    Is this prepaid/T-Mobile To-go? Their portal was always giving me issues.

I will check my old prepaid line later, last I checked everything was working on the free T-zones portal.
    Yes the prepaid T~Mobile To Go T~Zones. I tried first around 9am Eastern time and again just now and CNN is still not coming up at all.

I've tried CNN several times today on 3 different phones and it doesn't come up but ABC and ESPN and Amusing Info do.

CNN is the one I always use, it has my weather and other things I am interested in. ABC never comes in so it's readable, the font is way to small and the images never show but CNN and images from CNN always worked well.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    Hmm...CNN works on my Motorola V195s, that is the phone I am using. Also tried SIM card in Nokia 6120C, via EPC APN and reformatted "unbranded" version works

Feedback Score
    Hmm...CNN works on my Motorola V195s, that is the phone I am using. Also tried SIM card in Nokia 6120C, via EPC APN and reformatted "unbranded" version works
    CNN not working on

Motorola Renew
    Samsung t239
    Samsung t349
    Nokia 2720

I just checked them all again just now.
    All are on prepaid and all are different accounts, but all the other normal prepaid T~Zones stuff is working.

I am using T~Zones straight without any of the extra ways in.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    I hope t-mobile is not pulling the plug on freebie T-zones with prepaid. They are releasing a new 99cent/hour plan, I hope they aren't dumping this for that.

Feedback Score
    I hope t-mobile is not pulling the plug on freebie T-zones with prepaid. They are releasing a new 99cent/hour plan, I hope they aren't dumping this for that.
    That was my first thought, I really hope they are not and that it's just a problem with CNN today and it will come back soon.
    When it would not come up this morning I thought about that, but ABC and ESPN and Amusing Info all did come up, and those are the things I never use. But CNN is the one I use everyday, I like getting my weather and the headlines before I get up and ready for the day.

That is why I posted the question here to see if anyone else was getting the same problem or had heard anything official.

Normally I would have posted this in the Prepaid forum.

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I did a test within web2go and it works fine.

try this
    http://tmo.mw.cnn.com

Optimum/Cablevision

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Skyedance
    Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I did a test within web2go and it works fine.

try this
    http://tmo.mw.cnn.com
    If that was from my phone, I don't know how to do that. Is that from the sticky on the prepaid forums?

BUT I just tried CNN again and it's back working through the normal T~Zones on prepaid.

The moderators can lock this thread if they want, it seems it must have been a temporary problem with CNN on prepaid T~Zones.
    Was not working for me up to 10 minutes ago on any of my phones but now it is.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Snowy-

I noticed this on Tuesday. But today it's all back to normal.

BTW, this caused me to try m.cnn.com through one of the proxies. Quite a different looking site, although I prefer the layout of the one through T-Zones, even though the font is smaller.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker
    Snowy-

I noticed this on Tuesday. But today it's all back to normal.

BTW, this caused me to try m.cnn.com through one of the proxies. Quite a different looking site, although I prefer the layout of the one through T-Zones, even though the font is smaller.
    I now wonder if this was generalized to the Michigan area because I see that you are in Michigan, I am too.

I don't know where the others who reported having no problem are located.

I remember one other time some others were having problems with T~Mobile in the southern states but I was not and some others in more northern states were not having a problem.