Thread: Can use a postpaid phone on a prepaid account?

Device(s)
    Samsung SCHu350
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Can use a postpaid phone on a prepaid account?

This sounds a little confusing, but it's not, it's just wordy.

If you successfully activate a prepaid phone on a postpaid account, can you then switch the phone back and forth between a prepaid and postpaid account?

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It will work. Any model that does not require a data plan is going to be OK for prepaid, even ones originally sold for postpaid.

You should also get the $10.00 starting airtime the first time you activate a prepaid line with a retail box prepaid phone, even if the phone has been used for something else before.

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HF305
    It will work. Any model that does not require a data plan is going to be OK for prepaid, even ones originally sold for postpaid.
    I don't believe that is entirely true. I don't think you can activate any phone that has an HTML browser on Verizon prepaid.
    Try activating a Voyager or Dare (neither of which require a data plan) on Verizon prepaid and see how far you get.

Someone correct me if I have this wrong.

Device(s)
    Samsung SCHu350
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    OK, thanks. The phone in question is a Samsung u350, so no data plan. In fact, no EVDO even, just 1x. The phone was sold as a prepaid phone so it's definitely "prepaid capable", I was just wondering how the interaction between prepaid and postpaid worked.

Device(s)
    bb storm2
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    How long was phone on prepaid

Device(s)
    Samsung SCHu350
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The phone has never (yet) been activated as prepaid. It is indeed the sort of "retail box prepaid phone" ($14 shipped, from Walmart . com!) that HF305 mentions, which I activated on postpaid right out of the box.
    Last edited by MikeG~; 05-05-2010 at 01:09 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman54
    I don't believe that is entirely true. I don't think you can activate any phone that has an HTML browser on Verizon prepaid.
    Try activating a Voyager or Dare (neither of which require a data plan) on Verizon prepaid and see how far you get.

Someone correct me if I have this wrong.

This would be true. Any phone with a html web browser is ineligible for prepaid.