Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unlocking BB Tour 9630

Feedback Score

Exclamation Unlocking BB Tour 9630

Okay , Im new to this scene. So I live in India and the tour runs on Reliance CDMA network. So I want to know the advantages of unlocking the tour. And how would I ?

Next questions. The apps - is there a way to get the full version of the apps for free and from where ?

Thank you

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Unlocking will allow you to run the Tour on GSM networks. That is the only benefit to unlocking.

As for applications, some applications are free, some are pay. You cannot request free versions of pay apps here on Howard Forums.
    Current Device: Apple iPhone 5S
    Space Grey - 32GB

Feedback Score
    okay, will unlocking void the subscription with my existing CDMA operator ?

Can you please suggest me some trust worthy sites which do unlocking ?

Device(s)
    Yes, please
    Carrier(s)
    Self-providing
    Feedback Score
    Did you try asking your operator (Reliance) directly? They may be able to give you the unlock code for free. ...or have you checked to see if it even is locked? (ie: put in a SIM card from a GSM operator and see if it works) Some CDMA operators sell the Tour unlocked already.
    Understand communication:Cellular, Satellite, WiFi/IP, VOIP:
    Visit: RadioRaiders

Cellumap: Make your own cellular coverage plots:
    Visit: Cellumap <--Now for BlackBerry!!

Feedback Score
    No , I know the Tour is locked because it is printed in their manual that GSM services and GSM based SIM cards wont function in India. Moreover , the CDMA operator has plans specifically for the Tour and Blackberry services are acquired from the same operator ... I also have another question , would unlocking render the BB services non-functional ?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure how it will work for yours, but I was told that when I unlock my Tour (from Bell in Canada), it will not affect the functionality, and will only run on the different network when I specifically set it to use GSM

Device(s)
    Primary/Corp: Rogers unl. BB 9000 (Telstra 5.0.0.771)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility,
    Feedback Score
    To verify your lock status, do this:

From the main screen:

Menu (BB key) --> Options --> Advanced Options --> SIM Card

Then type "mepd"

If any of the listed items says "Active" next to it, then your device is locked. If all of them are either disabled or inactive, then it is unlocked.
    My Heatware

My HoFo Feedbacks

My Rig:
    i7 930, Zalman 9500AT, GA-X58A-UD3R, 6GB Corsair Kit, 120GB Vertex + 2TB + 500GB + 250GB, MSI R5770, LG WH08LS20 & BenQ DW1655, Dell 3007WFP-HC, Scythe YD-8V08, Antec 902, PC P&C Quad 750 Red, Win7 Ult. x64

HTPC:
    6000+, GA-MA78GM-S2H, 8GB, V-Rap150+2x250GB, LG HD-DVD/BD-ROM, Antec Solo, OCZ Z650W.

Past Phone Algebra:
    N5190, 6190, 8390, 6610 && x є {Moto V600, SE T637, 6600}, 6230i && x є {LG 2000, T610}, 6131, E50, 6300b, 6233, E51

Device(s)
    IPhone X Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by waqqas31
    Then type "mepd"
    Just a note that "mepd" (lower case) did not work on my BB. Had to use "MEPD" (upper case).

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I just found out that the Tour that I bought (used) is unlocked.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Starting next Friday, Berrymods.com is giving out free unlock codes for any Blackberry device?
    I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Device(s)
    Yes, please
    Carrier(s)
    Self-providing
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by abhishek_turbo
    would unlocking render the BB services non-functional ?
    No, all unlocking does is allow you to use SIM cards from different operators. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by waqqas31
    To verify your lock status, do this:

From the main screen:

Menu (BB key) --> Options --> Advanced Options --> SIM Card

Then type "mepd"

If any of the listed items says "Active" next to it, then your device is locked. If all of them are either disabled or inactive, then it is unlocked.
    Cool! Thanks for that

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Tour 9630 (unlocked both GSM and CDMA)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I'm also new to the scene here at howard forums, but I've got a burning question that maybe someone here could answer.

I've already unlocked my sim, and I've already set my MSL to 000000. I can access the service programming via QPST, and write the necessary information in there for VZW. However, I cannot for the life of me get *228 to dial out. When I dial out I get a error message that reads "! Cannot connect *228." (I also get this when trying 611 and a couple other codes). This is the last step I have to complete to get my sprint tour active on big red.

Can anyone provide any insight into how I can accomplish this?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I am not sure that you can activate a Sprint phone on Verizon. I know you can't go the other way, Verizon phone on Sprint. I think the same stands for Verizon.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Tour 9630 (unlocked both GSM and CDMA)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Fluid
    I am not sure that you can activate a Sprint phone on Verizon. I know you can't go the other way, Verizon phone on Sprint. I think the same stands for Verizon.
    Actually you can do it both ways. Sprint to VZW, VZW to Sprint. To get a Sprint phone on VZW is easy, the other way takes a little effort and knowing the department to contact. (I work for a sprint affiliate network which is how I'm able to get in touch with that department to have the ESN/MEID added to their database).

Anywho, to get a Sprint phone on VZW, you have to have your MSL set to 000000, load a VZW PRL and tweak a few other settings on the handset. Once you have that done, you can typically dial *228 and option 3. The ESN is added to their DB (it shows up as an unknown handset on the account), and you're good to go. The problem I'm running into with the tour is that I can't dial *228 to program the phone and have the ESN added. Never run into an issue with it until this handset...

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Doesn't sound legitimate to me. ???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast