Thread: Differences between nationwide and america's choice?

Device(s)
    LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Differences between nationwide and america's choice?

I have a family share plan, and it's $50 per month for the first two lines, and $10 each for additional lines.

Now to get certain phones it says I *have* to change to the nationwide plan, which appears to offer no benefit to me, but will cost $70 for the first two lines... is this correct? These restrictions on phone selection are getting very frustrating. Even if I buy a motorola barrage through amazon, will I not be able to activate it on america's choice?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Device(s)
    Droid 1Ghz 2.1 BBv1.0
    Carrier(s)
    VZW-Agent
    Feedback Score
    Americas chocie used to charge your internet by the minute out of your allowance and the Nationwide charges per mb.

How many minutes do you have?

There is the loyalty plan that is not in the books is 59.99 for two lines with 550 minutes. Thats probly the closes to the plan you have but the one for 70 has 700 minutes.

Device(s)
    LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jose.lopez
    Americas chocie used to charge your internet by the minute out of your allowance and the Nationwide charges per mb.

There is the loyalty plan that is not in the books is 59.99 for two lines with 550 minutes. Thats probly the closes to the plan you have but the one for 70 has 700 minutes.
    Thanks, I think we have 500 anytime minutes. With 4 of us we have never come close to going over, I think because almost all of our calling is verizon to verizon. Still since I don't use the Internet on my phone it doesn't seem worth it to spend an extra $10 a month just to get a specific phone. Bummer!

Device(s)
    Droid 1Ghz 2.1 BBv1.0
    Carrier(s)
    VZW-Agent
    Feedback Score
    If you stick with that loyalty plan i talked about it ends up being 50 more minutes for 10 bucks but then you get a multimedia phone then you still gotta pay data on that.

Device(s)
    LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    If you stick with that loyalty plan i talked about it ends up being 50 more minutes for 10 bucks but then you get a multimedia phone then you still gotta pay data on that.
    Yeah, that's even worse. Verizon is the only one with good reception in my area. Maybe I'll just gimp along with lesser phones. I had finally picked out a feature phone that I liked and didn't require a data plan (moto barrage), but then I found out that the required plan change would run me an extra $20 per month for useless minutes.

Device(s)
    Droid 1Ghz 2.1 BBv1.0
    Carrier(s)
    VZW-Agent
    Feedback Score
    the cosmos is pretty good

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by szembek
    Yeah, that's even worse. Verizon is the only one with good reception in my area. Maybe I'll just gimp along with lesser phones. I had finally picked out a feature phone that I liked and didn't require a data plan (moto barrage), but then I found out that the required plan change would run me an extra $20 per month for useless minutes.
    The Motorola W766 doesn't require a data plan also. But yeah, you would need to be on Nationwide for it. The LG Cosmos is a great phone as someone said.

Feedback Score
    The 550 min loyalty should be the same price as what you have. There wasn't ever a plan that was $50 for the first two lines. It was $50 for the first and $9.99 for each additional which is $59.99 for the first two. People make that mistake all the time. The old 500 min plans were the same price as the new 550 min loyalty.

Device(s)
    Gayle Iphone 6 Mikes Iphone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    GTE/Verizon Wireless since 86
    Feedback Score
    Is the 550 min loyalty plan like ACII(MOU) or Nationwide (charging for data)?

Device(s)
    HTC Rezound
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (since July 2005)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaylemike
    Is the 550 min loyalty plan like ACII(MOU) or Nationwide (charging for data)?
    The Loyalty Plan is a rate within either ACII or Nationwide. If you are now on NW, move to the Loyalty Plan rate, you are still on NW.
    Before NW came out, and you were on ACII, moved to the Loyalty Plan, you were still on ACII.
    What I'm not sure about is if you are now on ACII and ask to be moved to the Loyalty Plan, will they allow you to stay on ACII, or require you to move to NW.
    Always here to help. Call me "Miss Information"

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Play (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score

If you have the typical "free nights and weekends" minutes on the Americas Choice plan, then you have free internet access at nights and on weekends too.

Device(s)
    HTC Rezound
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (since July 2005)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltA
    If you have the typical "free nights and weekends" minutes on the Americas Choice plan, then you have free internet access at nights and on weekends too.
    One "gotch" on that is in areas called "Extended Enhanced Service Area" (roaming), some data service that work with the NW plan do not work under the ACII plan. The coverage map indicates that in the fine print.

Device(s)
    LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwinagent
    The 550 min loyalty should be the same price as what you have. There wasn't ever a plan that was $50 for the first two lines. It was $50 for the first and $9.99 for each additional which is $59.99 for the first two. People make that mistake all the time. The old 500 min plans were the same price as the new 550 min loyalty.
    Oh that makes more sense. Thanks for the info, It looked like it was $50 for the first two on the bill at first, but I think you're right.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenagainster
    The Loyalty Plan is a rate within either ACII or Nationwide. If you are now on NW, move to the Loyalty Plan rate, you are still on NW.
    Before NW came out, and you were on ACII, moved to the Loyalty Plan, you were still on ACII.
    What I'm not sure about is if you are now on ACII and ask to be moved to the Loyalty Plan, will they allow you to stay on ACII, or require you to move to NW.
    I would like to know the same thing if you find out, but my gut says that Verizon will say you would have to move to NW and dump AC. I'm currently on AMERICA'S CHOICE FAMILYSHARE 400 ANYTIME with UNLIMITED N&W MINUTES, which I think is from 2004.

Device(s)
    Motorola V325i
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenagainster
    They requied me to move to Nation Wide plan after they gave me the Loyalty plan of 550 min. All prices stayed the same with no contract extension, I am month to month.