Thread: 4.0 Beta 2 upgrade

Device(s)
    Nokia E61
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

4.0 Beta 2 upgrade

I'm new to iphone development. I see that beta 2.0 was just released. Can I upgrade my iphone from beta 1 or do I have to perform a restore?

Device(s)
    Black iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    restore... but dont, it sucks

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JMCollins128
    restore... but dont, it sucks

how so?

i had no real issues with beta 1, only thing that was irking me was that [email protected] crashes every time i navigate away from main page, thus meaning no live play by play

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9000
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    installing it, hope its good

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO
    Feedback Score
    It has gotta be better than beta1.
    Had nothing but problems with beta1, so anything will be better.

Missed phone calls (never rang)
    Visual Voice Mail never showed that there were messages.
    After leaving the phone on for hours, it would not charge, had to reset it, would not even power down properly, had to do a home+sleep button reset.
    Network access (wifi/3g/etc) would be intermittent, as in launch a program no network access, close the program then relaunch it with no waiting, network access would work.

Not complaining I know it is beta, just saying beta1 wasn't great, and people saying pass on beta2 cause it is worse, just highly doubt it.

Device(s)
    Nokia E61
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I agree. If you haven't upgraded yet, take a pass on beta 2. Feel worse and getting more freezes crashes. I think Gizmodo also advised against it. I just wonder when the keynote version will be available.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Man i was up late last night with this beta 2. I was using 2 PC"s and a mac to fix my phone. Beta 2 would get to a certain place in the resotore and freeze and never finish. I ended up going back to 3.1.3 to have a usable phone. I loved beta 1 (even tho it had some bugs) but i didnt want it to expire on me. Did anyone have this problem or does anyone know how to fix. (of course on my PC i got error 3014 and 13) which isnt cool cuz 3.0 beta worked fine for me. mac worked great for beta 1 and didnt for beta 2

Device(s)
    Black iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Beta 2 was the worst... Beta 1 was a lot more stable than this POS- but now that beta 3 is out.. It's a whole different world! I think we are getting closer to public release as beta 3 is much more stable and there are some nice features added... Anyone notice that they changed the background for multitasking and folders? No more rubber looking background... I just can't wait for background Pandora... :-D