Thread: Nexus One Contacts Sync problem

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Nexus One Contacts Sync problem

Hello all!

I'm having an issue with the contacts sync with my Nexus One. I can add contacts fine either on the phone or via Gmail. However, if I make a modification on the phone it immediately syncs and overrides it with the online version.

I've tried googling various combos of keyword searches and can't find a solution to this.

If anyone has any ideas of where to look to fix this, I'd be eternally grateful!

Nadine

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    i believe this is the way it is supposed to work, no? you want to make a change on your phone, but not have that change become permanent on your gmail account?
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Device(s)
    Unlocked Rogers Blackberry Q10 | LG Nexus-4 | Samsung Nexus-S
    Carrier(s)
    Fido | Rogers Prepaid | LycaMobile US | Bell | T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerPodacter
    i believe this is the way it is supposed to work, no? you want to make a change on your phone, but not have that change become permanent on your gmail account?
    If I read anacaona's post properly, the phone is being overwritten by what she has online when she makes a change on the phone.
    Unlimited Fido Data Plan: Netgear Aircard LTE Mobile Hotspot

My Tech Blog

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hey lmcjipo - that's exactly it. Not only do I _want_ it so upload the changes to Gmail/Google Contacts; but I _don't_ want it erasing stuff I add straight to the phone.

Device(s)
    Unlocked Rogers Blackberry Q10 | LG Nexus-4 | Samsung Nexus-S
    Carrier(s)
    Fido | Rogers Prepaid | LycaMobile US | Bell | T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by anacaona
    Hey lmcjipo - that's exactly it. Not only do I _want_ it so upload the changes to Gmail/Google Contacts; but I _don't_ want it erasing stuff I add straight to the phone.
    Sorry I can't be any more help other than clarifying your earlier post to the previous poster since I don't have a Nexus One.

I do use Google Sync with my Blackberry Bold 9700 and it works very well. There is the occasional "hiccup" (such as duplicate or "ghost" entries that appear on one but not on the other/both) but it has never overwritten the new data on my Bold 9700 unless I've made changes to both my Bold 9700 and my Google Contacts prior to them syncing.

My Bold 9700 is set to GoogleSync automatically. I'm not sure on the exact timeframe it uses but it is not instantaneous... meaning if I make a change on my Bold 9700, it doesn't instantaneously initiate a sync with my contacts on Google. I think that it will sync every hour or so. If prior to the sync, I also make a change to the same contact on Google, my contact on Google will overwrite the same contact on my Bold 9700 when it syncs.