Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: No Data Required Phone List

Device(s)
    LG EnV Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by koftheworld
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

You're missing my point. This and every other "I don't want to pay for data" threads are exactly alike. No it's not hurting but it's just a replay of the other 100 threads exactly like it. My other point was that 2 stickies already exist (not an old thread that I need bumped for my own self) that tell you everything you need to know about which phones require/do not require data. It just requires you to look beyond the front page. Very easy.
    Well the thread wasn't on the first page so they only made this thread to be helpful to other people. There's no reason to rant about it as it's not complaining about paying for data, it's showing phones where you don't need to pay for data. It's just a thread and odds are it'll die in a few days so it's not necessary to rant.
    Morals: Highly subjective and completely overrated.

Device(s)
    Motorola V325i
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Great job ( night sky ) keep up the good work. You can add more phones to your list anytime. I will look at them.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    LG VX5600/Accolade
    Motorola W385
    LG Cosmos
    Nokia Shade

Device(s)
    Samsung Reality SCH-u820
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks very much for the corrections and for the extra phones added to the list! My apologies if this thread sounds redundant. I just thought it'd be nice to have a list of all the phones available w/o data. Hope it's helpful to some people out there.

Device(s)
    Samsung Reality SCH-u820
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Updated List (Clamshells have been left out)

No Data Required Phone List:

LG EnV2

Motorola Rival

Samsung Intensity

LG Cosmos

Verizon Razzle

Samsung Glyde

HTC XV6800

LG Versa

HTC XV6900

LG Dare

LG Voyager

Samsung Alias

Motorola Q9M

LG Venus

LG enV

Palm Centro

LG Chocolate

LG Chocolate 2

LG Chocolate 3

Motorola Krave

Samsung Flipshot U900

Samsung Flipshot A990

Feedback Score
    According to the VZW site, the Samsung Alias 2 "Requires data pkg $9.99 or higher". Any thoughts?

Device(s)
    LG Cosmos
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Agreed. I found exactly 2 (maybe 3) phones with a keyboard that did not require an additional charge of at least $10. I got the Cosmos. I don't believe that big list of phones accurately displays which ones don't require an additional fee. Unless you're splitting hairs by calling the $10/mo "email" plan (or whatever it's called) not a data plan.

Device(s)
    Barrage
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundog
    Agreed. I found exactly 2 (maybe 3) phones with a keyboard that did not require an additional charge of at least $10. I got the Cosmos. I don't believe that big list of phones accurately displays which ones don't require an additional fee. Unless you're splitting hairs by calling the $10/mo "email" plan (or whatever it's called) not a data plan.
    This was exactly my point earlier in the thread. This whole list is pretty useless as people can't purchase the majority of these phones new from verizon. That's why I was trying to redirect people to my sticky in this very section which accurately relays which phones do/do not require data plans based upon attributes rather than making some big and incomplete list. Oh well.

Feedback Score
    Why does it matter if you can or cannot purchase the phones new? That is what ebay is for. I've grabbed a Palm Treo, Palm Centro and a HTC XV6800 off ebay because they are phones with keyboards that don't require a data plan.

The list just needs to be accurate. Whether or not the phone can be purchased new from Verizon seems immaterial.

Device(s)
    Barrage
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Quote Originally Posted by kylemhall
    Why does it matter if you can or cannot purchase the phones new? That is what ebay is for. I've grabbed a Palm Treo, Palm Centro and a HTC XV6800 off ebay because they are phones with keyboards that don't require a data plan.

The list just needs to be accurate. Whether or not the phone can be purchased new from Verizon seems immaterial.
    It matters because there are a lot more legacy phones out there that do not require a data plan than there are that are currently available. Copy and paste any nonsmart phone pre-samsung rouge from phonearena and there's your "list." The fact that people keep asking the same data/no data question is actually ridiculous at this point. Both of my stickies clearly state which smart and nonsmart phones require data, but more importantly they state why and what the cut offs were. To me it's just sad that this discussion is even taking place.

Device(s)
    LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Agreed. Posting old unavailable phones is useless. If you're scouring eBay, then set aside a thread for old 'no data plan' phones, but that's less common.

Device(s)
    LG EnV Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    As said before, if you don't like the thread, ignore it. Simple as that.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Bonic XT875
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The Casio EXILIM also does not require a data plan.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    What about the Nokia Intrigue 7205?

Feedback Score
    A VZW store rep told me that the LG Env2 was considered a Multimedia Phone and requires a data plan. This started on April 1st. Is that correct?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast