Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: No Data Required Phone List

Device(s)
    Samsung Reality SCH-u820
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

No Data Required Phone List

So for everyone looking for a list of phones to choose from where you don't have to pay the extra $10 or $30, look no further. If everyone can help contribute to the list, I'd appreciate it. Please leave comments out. Just a clean thread with a list of phones and pictures would be great as a referral thread!

According to nitrous9200, anything before Nov. 08 is ok to get without a data plan (if this isn't correct, please let me know). So here's the beginning of the list (feel free to add to it and let me know if a phone does require data!)...

Pre-Data Verizon Phones:
    EnV2

Motorola Rival

Samsung Intensity

LG Cosmos

Razzle

Samsung Glyde

HTC Touch Diamond

HTC Touch Pro

Audiovox XV6800

Device(s)
    LG EnV Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    LG Versa
    Verizon Wireless XV6900
    LG Dare
    LG Voyager
    Samsung Alias
    Morotola Q9M
    LG Venus
    LG EnV
    Palm Centro

The Touch Diamond requires a data plan.
    It was released April 2009.
    Morals: Highly subjective and completely overrated.

Device(s)
    Moto Droid (Me)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless d/b/a Cellco Partnership
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ohnoezDx
    The Touch Diamond requires a data plan.
    It was released April 2009.
    As does the Touch pro...

Device(s)
    Barrage
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

If you read more than the front page you'd realize 2 stickies exist which explain the data plan requirements for both feature and smart phones. Check general section for each.

Device(s)
    Motorola V325i
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by koftheworld
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

If you read more than the front page you'd realize 2 stickies exist which explain the data plan requirements for both feature and smart phones. Check general section for each.
    I like night skys idea of putting all the none data required phones in one listing. This saves alot of time doing searches and reading between the lines, to try and fiqure out which phones are not data required.

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    So the easiest way to tell if a phone requires data is this. On the verizon website anything that is a 3g multimedia or smartphone requires data. Anything not listed in those 2 sections is a data free phone. Also any phone not listed on the website that isnt a blackberry, palm, winmo, or droid(these havent been out long enough to not be on the website) should not require data.IE a LG Dare, ENV2 ect... While some older smartphone devices might be able to be added data free it is a good rule of thought to believe that every smartphone, the 4 listed above will require the 29.99 data package...

Device(s)
    Gayle Iphone 6 Mikes Iphone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    GTE/Verizon Wireless since 86
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VZW_Gnome
    So the easiest way to tell if a phone requires data is this. On the verizon website anything that is a 3g multimedia or smartphone requires data. Anything not listed in those 2 sections is a data free phone. Also any phone not listed on the website that isnt a blackberry, palm, winmo, or droid(these havent been out long enough to not be on the website) should not require data.IE a LG Dare, ENV2 ect... While some older smartphone devices might be able to be added data free it is a good rule of thought to believe that every smartphone, the 4 listed above will require the 29.99 data package...
    EXCEPT

"Data pkg $9.99 or higher optional"

doesn't require data....it's optional but still in the 3G multimedia list.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon (now)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I need to step in here. Data was mandated for smartphones released after November 2008 I believe. The Motorola Q9m was the last smartphone to allow pay per use data.

For 3G multimedia phones, the following are exempt (released before Jan 18, 2010 or exempt by VZW choice):

LG VX-8300
    LG VX-8350
    LG VX-8500 Chocolate
    LG VX-8550 Chocolate 2
    LG VX-8600
    LG VX-8700
    LG VX-8800 Venus
    LG EnV
    LG EnV2
    LG Chocolate 3
    LG Voyager
    Motorola Krave
    Motorola RAZR2 V9m
    Motorola Rapture Vu30
    Motorola W755
    Motorola Barrage
    Motorola Entice W766
    Motorola RAZR MAXX Ve
    Motorola KRZR K1m
    Motorola RAZR V3m
    Motorola E815
    Motorola SLVR L7c
    Samsung Flipshot U900
    Samsung Gleam U700
    Samsung Alias U740
    Samsung Glyde U940
    Samsung A990
    Samsung A950
    Samsung A930
    Casio Boulder
    Casio Rock
    A phone is only fun when you can modify it anyway you please.

The Verizon UI....unhackable? I think not

Device(s)
    Barrage
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by larrykay
    I like night skys idea of putting all the none data required phones in one listing. This saves alot of time doing searches and reading between the lines, to try and fiqure out which phones are not data required.
    There is no reading between the lines and it's not hard to figure out. They are right there at the top of those sections. The only problem is the location of each sticky. If they were moved to the first verizon page we wouldn't have these threads twice a day.

Device(s)
    Motorola V325i
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    There is no reading between the lines and it's not hard to figure out. They are right there at the top of those sections. The only problem is the location of each sticky. If they were moved to the first verizon page we wouldn't have these threads twice a day.
    Well do it.

Device(s)
    Barrage
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by larrykay
    Well do it.
    If only I had the power... Write a mod and ask.

Device(s)
    LG EnV Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

This thread isn't hurting anyone, it's only helping.
    It seems you are the only one who wants that other thread bumped so you can write a mod and ask.

Device(s)
    Barrage
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by ohnoezDx

This thread isn't hurting anyone, it's only helping.
    It seems you are the only one who wants that other thread bumped so you can write a mod and ask.
    You're missing my point. This and every other "I don't want to pay for data" threads are exactly alike. No it's not hurting but it's just a replay of the other 100 threads exactly like it. My other point was that 2 stickies already exist (not an old thread that I need bumped for my own self) that tell you everything you need to know about which phones require/do not require data. It just requires you to look beyond the front page. Very easy.

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted ( Samsung Omnia: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

chill out,if you dont like the thread, dont see the need either skip it or report it. dont turn it into a urinating contest.
    the verizon site is easy to discern but I trust hofo more than I do verizon or its website.
    let the mods decide if its appropriatly placed and at least no one is crying about data plan requirements yet
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted ( Samsung Omnia: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

Quote Originally Posted by GuyinLACA
    I need to step in here. Data was mandated for smartphones released after November 2008 I believe. The Motorola Q9m was the last smartphone to allow pay per use data.

For 3G multimedia phones, the following are exempt (released before Jan 18, 2010 or exempt by VZW choice):

LG VX-8300
    LG VX-8350
    LG VX-8500 Chocolate
    LG VX-8550 Chocolate 2
    LG VX-8600
    LG VX-8700
    LG VX-8800 Venus
    LG EnV
    LG EnV2
    LG Chocolate 3
    LG Voyager
    Motorola Krave