Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID 2 Pre-Release Thread

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston25
    Just for the record, Froyo isn't that huge of a change from Eclair. Google believes the same thing, which is why it is 2.2 and not 3.0 (that indicates a minor update as opposed to a major update like 2.0 or 3.0).

That said, the addition of the JIT makes a massive difference to the user experience which is why you think it is a big difference.

Of course I am only talking about stock Android......

I was going to write about Blur but the ninjas stole it and I don't see it anymore...
    While, for all intents and purposes, Froyo is a minor update it provides features that make it a big deal to a lot of users: BT Voice Dialing, Exchange security policy support being and JIT being some of the big ones. So to most users, we think of it as a major update.

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Hello, are we still on track for July relese.

And if we are would that be Early, middle, or late of the month
    I love my Droid X

Device(s)
    Droid running Chevyno1's ROM & OC'd to 1.1Ghz
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    July release where did that come from? Word has traveled recently the Shadow was pushed back to August and that is coming before the D2. That said I highly doubt July will be it for the D2.

My personal guess has always been by Labor day weekend for the D2 seeing as Shadow is suppose to come first.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aixelsyd
    July release where did that come from? Word has traveled recently the Shadow was pushed back to August and that is coming before the D2. That said I highly doubt July will be it for the D2.

My personal guess has always been by Labor day weekend for the D2 seeing as Shadow is suppose to come first.

I believe Bill had talked about a hopefully July release earlier on in the thread, but I think Winston had stated he didn't think it would happen.

Is there still a chance that the Shadow being pushed back has no affect on the D2 release at all?

I really want a new android phone, and would hop on the original Droid if there wasn't news of its successor due out in just a few months....

Quote Originally Posted by bill23
    So I have heard both shadow and D2 will be out in july. So I have heard...

that was Bills last prediction on the Droid2 but that came before the change of Shadow date.....hopefully he can come back and fill us in on any changes

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Why does matter what phone comes out first.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pmagent2013
    Why does matter what phone comes out first.
    I am not sure looks like that's the way that Moto wants to do it...
    Wish they wouldn't push the Droid 2 too far back at least keep it to 30 days after the Shadow so I can try the shadow and return it if I need the keyboard...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by egut125
    I believe Bill had talked about a hopefully July release earlier on in the thread, but I think Winston had stated he didn't think it would happen.

Is there still a chance that the Shadow being pushed back has no affect on the D2 release at all?

I really want a new android phone, and would hop on the original Droid if there wasn't news of its successor due out in just a few months....

that was Bills last prediction on the Droid2 but that came before the change of Shadow date.....hopefully he can come back and fill us in on any changes
    Personally from info I've gotten I highly highly doubt both will released in July. If I was a betting man which I'm not I say late July on shadow, and Droid 2 around Labor Day. Only time will tell tho as VZW sits on there hands to the last min for everything they do. They are fabulous for messing with and not making decisions so the mfg can start getting things rolling.

Device(s)
    Droid
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston25
    I was going to write about Blur but the ninjas stole it and I don't see it anymore...

Maybe blur will get Dalvik Turbo....then it might be useful.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    my buddy at mot said that d2 is coming out near the holidays but not much sooner

Device(s)
    Moto Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Shadow in late August, D2 in October/November, and the Pro (whatever it may be) in Q1. We're dreaming to expect these any sooner, or releases spaced closer together than this.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    ^^^^Believe as you wish but you guys both have bad info from where ever it came from.

Feedback Score

Question confusion of droid 2 and shadow

Some of the earlier misplaced posts on the "Shadow" in this thread might be excused due to the spate of recent headlines like:

"Motorola Shadow (Droid 2): New Picture and New Specs"
    www.product-reviews.net

"Motorola Droid 2 "Roid Rage" Pictures Leak"
    www.ozcarguide.com

"Motorola Droid 2 aka Shadow ‘Lost and Found’"
    http://onlygizmos.com/motorola-droid...found/2010/05/

Can anyone please confirm that the "Shadow" is indeed different from Droid 2 and -- even more importantly -- that the Droid 2 will have a keyboard?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by avoider03
    Some of the earlier misplaced posts on the "Shadow" in this thread might be excused due to the spate of recent headlines like:

"Motorola Shadow (Droid 2): New Picture and New Specs"
    www.product-reviews.net

"Motorola Droid 2 "Roid Rage" Pictures Leak"
    www.ozcarguide.com

"Motorola Droid 2 aka Shadow ‘Lost and Found’"
    http://onlygizmos.com/motorola-droid...found/2010/05/

Can anyone please confirm that the "Shadow" is indeed different from Droid 2 and -- even more importantly -- that the Droid 2 will have a keyboard?

If you read the very first post you will get caught up on pretty much all the information we have on the Droid 2....I know unusual place to look for info huh?? lol nah I'm just messing with you but really at least check out the thread a little.

And also I don't know that I would take any rumors those particular site post about unreleased android phones, not exactly the first place to check for that info.

Even engadget has started to get the right info for the most part
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/25/m...een-8mp-camer/

so yes Droid 2 != Shadow
    Droid2 has keyboard, 3.7 inch, 5mp cam

and thats about it

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm (9530)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aixelsyd
    ^^^^Believe as you wish but you guys both have bad info from where ever it came from.
    Some of that info goes along what some have hinted to.

Device(s)
    Nokia N82
    Feedback Score
    The keyboard looks nice too

Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast