Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Lookin at a Lexus LS430 or LS600 anyone own either?

Device(s)
    Current: Fujitsu F-01A (Blue), NEC N-01B (Tiara White), SH906i (White)
    Carrier(s)
    NTT DoCoMo
    Feedback Score

Lookin at a Lexus LS430 or LS600 anyone own either?

I am trading my M3 in and going to be purchasing something larger and more "VIP" car styling. I was looking at a few different car companies but have settled on either a Lexus LS430 (Toyota Celsior) or a LS600h. I wont be doing anything crazy to it just lowering it with full coil-overs and putting some VOLK's or Work wheels on it.

I also was considering a M56x has anyone driven or owned one yet?

Any other suggestions for larger Japanese Sedans are welcome. I am open to most anything prefer RWD or AWD and must be 4 door luxury.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I haven't driven any of them, unfortunately, but I like the 600h the best.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Any chance you might consider something other than Japanese?

http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/models/a8.html
    Current Device: Apple iPhone 5S
    Space Grey - 32GB

Device(s)
    W595, XPERIA Arc
    Carrier(s)
    STC
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Fluid
    Any chance you might consider something other than Japanese?

http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/models/a8.html
    My thoughts, exactly.

If you can afford those, why don't you buy an Audi? Personally, I don't like designs of the Japanese "luxury cars".

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    NTT DoCoMo
    Feedback Score
    I would love an audi but it just does not have what I am looking for. I want something I can tune lightly and that has more options for customizing. (not to rice out) but to just make it look really clean and be able to hang with sports cars. My S.O. has a S6 not new its an 05 i Believe. its amazing but I dont want the European head aches when it comes to maintnence. My M3 has been a big head ache over the last few years.

Device(s)
    ▫» Apple iPhone 4 «▫
    Carrier(s)
    °º○ AT&T ○º°
    Feedback Score
    My dad had an LS430. What do you want to know?

Telephonically NEVER satisfied.

Device(s)
    I9 Nextel
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    have you ever thought about a cts or cts-v?
    http://www.cadillac.com/pages/mds/ve...allVehicles.do

Device(s)
    Motorola Atrix HD Maxx / iPhone 5 (backup)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CELL-P
    My thoughts, exactly.

If you can afford those, why don't you buy an Audi? Personally, I don't like designs of the Japanese "luxury cars".
    I agree with you. I don't really think any Japanese luxury cars are near the head-turners that European luxury cars are/
    Seems like it is cool to have these in your sig?

Device(s)
    Current: White I9100
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The build quality, features, and interior of similarly priced European vehicles will trump those of an Asian one.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    NTT DoCoMo
    Feedback Score
    I would never be caught dead driving anything american as they are just not clean looking and offer little styling for what I am used to. Like I said the problem with a euro is the maintnence costs are ridiculous. In Hawaii it is even higher then what I would pay in WA.

It is also the fact that the only Euro car's I like that are large body are Mercedes. But I really dont want an S-Class, I feel way to young to drive one of those (I am 24.) And I dont want to drive a C-63 (not any faster then my M3 and its way to small)

The new E-Class is amazing. But it does not "wow" me at all. I test drove one last week and was not that into it.

I wanted Japanese Luxury because number one the 600h is a Hybrid which is cool and you can get a tax write-off on it. I also wanted it because it is very large. The interior was nice. It is a popular car in Japan to tune and VIP out. Which makes it fairly easy in Hawaii to do since parts come fairly quick for me there. I also just love Japanese VIP car styling if you look it up you see so many tuners in japan that spend tons on customizing etc and they look amazing to me.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    NTT DoCoMo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRupp
    My dad had an LS430. What do you want to know?
    Has it been reliable? does it got good acceleration? Also space inside looks good from the outside but is it that good from inside?

Device(s)
    Motorola Atrix HD Maxx / iPhone 5 (backup)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Island.Boy
    I wanted Japanese Luxury because number one the 600h is a Hybrid which is cool and you can get a tax write-off on it.
    Wow, spending $110,000 for a tax writeoff is just a bit too much for me to afford. ha. Is it a state specific write off? The lexus isn't on the IRS website. http://www.irs.gov/businesses/corpor...214280,00.html

Going from an M3 to any of these lexus will be a major difference in driving characteristic. They are much of a 'ride-in-comfort' car than a driver's car.

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    I'm biased.

If you want luxury... but prefer more of that driver's feel, consider something like my 2008 Infiniti M45S. Since the new M's are out, you could probably find one on the cheap.

Rear wheel drive, V8 grunt, luxury doo dads, but you don't feel like you're driving a floaty cloud.

And from what I understand, "VIP" bits are available for the M45 (aka Fuga).
    Air goes in and out. Blood goes round and round. Any deviation is a problem.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WirelessAndy
    I'm biased.

If you want luxury... but prefer more of that driver's feel, consider something like my 2008 Infiniti M45S. Since the new M's are out, you could probably find one on the cheap.

Rear wheel drive, V8 grunt, luxury doo dads, but you don't feel like you're driving a floaty cloud.

And from what I understand, "VIP" bits are available for the M45 (aka Fuga).
    +1. M45 has been good to me and even with RWD, I found it not an issue in the winter once you throw on a set of proper winter tires. friend's parents bought a new M35x for $11k of sticker price plus trade in and whatever else they could negotiate since the M37 and M56 came out.

If it is the LS you want, I have heard it's a waste of money for the LS600h and the LS460L is a better value overall. What about the Hyundai Equus? Seems to be a great LS rival from what I've read and might be worth waiting for.

If you're looking for just a quiet point A to B car, LS is hard to beat. M37 and M56 are great cars to look at but are rougher and a bit louder than the LS but you get more of a drivers car for it.

Device(s)
    W595, XPERIA Arc
    Carrier(s)
    STC
    Feedback Score
    I think you are still young for a Lexus LS too.

Although I am not fond of those cars, But I have to admit it, Lexus cars are reliable and their engine will last forever. And you don't have to worry about the acceleration.

But the price is ridiculous, seriously. Unless you have no problem with that compared to the other competing cars, then the LS is yours.

And by the way, Infiniti cars are even uglier in my opinion. Man, Nissan cars have much more "image" than them.

Remember, you have to think about it for a while. You are going to spend a lot of money. Don't make a decision unless you are very sure that you won't regret it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast