Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sprint managers say June 13th is the day..

Carrier(s)
    Clear (WiMAX)
    Feedback Score

Sprint managers say June 13th is the day..

http://www.everythingandroid.org/spr...-mid-june-300/

Please let this be true. I think it sounds legit considering their current lineup is so stale and they announced it so early.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    the date is the 13th of june

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    makes sense to me. if you go sprint.com they're advertising this phone already too, so it would be pretty silly IMO to make all this hullabaloo and not release it soon.

Carrier(s)
    Clear (WiMAX)
    Feedback Score
    Some other info is that Best Buy internal training refs that the EVO is going to be available for preorder in stores starting May, and Sprint may start taking preorders as early as this month. They're racing to get it to market before the iPhone refresh. Sprint is saying that WiMAX/4G access and the hotspot feature are going to be a $10/mo addon to standard plans.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nullie
    Some other info is that Best Buy internal training refs that the EVO is going to be available for preorder in stores starting May, and Sprint may start taking preorders as early as this month. They're racing to get it to market before the iPhone refresh. Sprint is saying that WiMAX/4G access and the hotspot feature are going to be a $10/mo addon to standard plans.
    I hope you're right. There are, however, a few sites that do have extremely reliable contacts inside both Best Buy and Sprint. Both of whom have provided photo/screenshot proof to said sites in the past. In any event the sooner we approach an actual launch, the sooner some tangible evidence surfaces somewhere.

Until then all we can do is wait..

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I dunno about all y'all but I'm excited !!

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nullie
    I stand corrected,

http://mobile.engadget.com/2010/04/0...-10-20-add-on/

We're getting some intel today that says that "a lot of upper management" inside Sprint has been discussing Sunday, June 13 as the mighty EVO 4G's date with destiny, just a smidge over two months from now. That certainly lines up with the company's stance of a Summer release -- and while our contact at Sprint says that the date hasn't been set in stone (how could it be this far in advance?), June 6 and June 13 are said to be the front runners at the moment, with the 13th getting more attention.

We're also hearing that 4G will be a $10-20 plan add-on, a price that would almost certainly include access to the EVO's 8-device WiFi hotspot capability. We're definitely buying that 4G won't be included with the base Simply Everything plans since we encountered an EVO at CTIA that hadn't had WiMAX access "enabled" on its account even though EV-DO worked just fine; the services are being treated separately. Verizon's recent announcement about free hotspot access on its Palms certainly puts some price pressure on Sprint here, but charging a premium specifically for 4G probably isn't an issue as long as they're clearly able to demonstrate its speed advantages in the markets that have it live.

Update: We've been written by several folks insisting that the add-on fee will be for the 4G hotspot service alone, not 4G access from the EVO itself. Let's hope. Thanks, everyone!

So according to this, the only additional charges may be for the "4G HotSpot" feature $10 - $20 ?? That is a very good deal to me being that it is UNLIMITED DATA on 4G just the same as the data cards from the beginning.

Device(s)
    palm pre
    Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score

htc evo to be released june 13?

is this true?

http://news.handhelditems.com/sprint...eased-june-13/

The HTC EVO 4G is one of the most anticipated phones for the Android in the market today. With such powerful specs and acting as a mobile hotspot, the EVO 4G is going to be an Android powerhouse of a phone. Check out our previous article about the HTC EVO 4G for more info about its specs and features. Expected to release on June 6th, it looks like they have postponed the date and is scheduled to be released June 13. This information was apparently leaked by Sprint insiders who were told by their superior of the HTC EVO release date. Unfortunately this information has not been announced officially yet, but we can imagine the release date will be roughly around the month of June. I'll be sure to update you once more information comes up.

Check out some HTC accessories at HandHeldItems.com

Device(s)
    EVO LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I don't care about when it comes out as much as I do about the price of the device and hotspot app. Being bit by early adopter syndrome will have me in the 2nd wave.

Feedback Score
    I think both the release date and the price point are important. Apple is likely to be releasing a new iPhone in June and the new device has to stack up nicely against it. If Apple introduces their new iPhone at $150 and Sprint is charging $200 for the EVO, that will make Sprint look silly.

Remember when the Palm Pre came out? It had the speed and capacity of the iPhone 3G which Apple reduced to $99 a matter of days after the Pre's release. It make Palm and Sprint look foolish pricing it at $199. The EVO compares favorably to the iPhone 3GS, but for all we know the next iPhone is going to support HSPA+ 21Mbps which would match real-world WiMAX speeds for these first-generation WiMAX devices. So, if Sprint thinks it can charge $300+ since it supports 4G, they might have Apple match them at a lower price. Similarly, the next iPhone will likely up the display resolution, processing power, etc. And the iPhone is still the device to beat - especially if Apple announces a CDMA version this June (or, worse, an LTE version since Verizon is saying they'll have near-equivalent coverage to Sprint's WiMAX by the end of the year (100M vs 120M)).

If the EVO comes out in late August, Sprint will have missed out on a lot of sales and they'll basically have 3 months before Verizon starts matching their 4G coverage. That's not a lot of time to get some early adopters to switch. If it comes out before the iPhone, Sprint can't make adjustments based on Apple's announcement. For example, Sprint should supply a memory card that is the capacity of the current iPhone with the EVO. Otherwise, customers just see it as an inferior device - a 16GB microSD class 6 card costs around $80 to add-on. Sprint should also make sure they aren't undercut by Apple on price. So, I'd schedule the launch for a day or two after the iPhone. You can ride the press wave, get instant comparisons, and make sure Apple doesn't blind-side you.

Device(s)
    Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    SPCS
    Feedback Score
    I think your suggestions are good ones.

Which is why I'm almost certain Sprint will not do what you suggest.

Sprint's product release strategies always suck, and there's no reason to think they won't figure out a way to eff it up again this time.

---
    Sprint legacy plan: LG V20 (me)|iPhone 6 (spouse)|iPhone 6s (kid1)|SGS7 (kid2)|iPhone 5s (backup line)
    ---

Feedback Score
    Sprint's going to be reaching a bit if they want to charge more. A lot of people aren't going to pay an extra $10-20/mo for 4G access in limited areas and Verizon has already set a president for the hotspot being free via Palm. Sure, Sprint's plans cost less, but not if you're upping the price for the hotspot and 4G just won't be widely deployed enough for a lot of people to be willing to pay up for it. Sprint should play it humble in an effort to win more customers. Sprint can't just sell to the Sprint faithful - they need to draw people in. A 4G Android phone could do that, but not if it ups the price.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    mdasen - agreed, right now sprint is not in a position to be greedy. they need to work on customer aquisition, the features of the new iPhone HD that comes out in june rival that of the evo except the 4G and wireless AP, don't make those extra costs include them and steal iPhone HD sales with the evo4G!

Device(s)
    htc/samsung
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile/sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeper5555
    mdasen - agreed, right now sprint is not in a position to be greedy. they need to work on customer aquisition, the features of the new iPhone HD that comes out in june rival that of the evo except the 4G and wireless AP, don't make those extra costs include them and steal iPhone HD sales with the evo4G!

sprint needs cash though,... so it should be a10-20 add on UNLESS you are on the 99se plan at which it could be free or 4.99 ...
    this will in turn make people go to the 99se which will increase profits and still be far cheaper than competitorsthose on the 89.99 plan will say freak it and get the 99 plan ... new people coming in will automatically jump on it, hell offer it six months free then or 9.99 .... i WANT it for free, but i wanna see sprint do better and make money so they can make improvements... i bet by fall we will see plan changes ul voice and text will be almost where boost is at

anybody see this?
    http://www.tuaw.com/2010/03/20/sprin...npage_engadget
    Batman
    Hit me up

Device(s)
    Unlocked iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Two months is a long time.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast