Thread: *What Retention Deals Have You Gotten?*

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

*What Retention Deals Have You Gotten?*

What deals have you gotten from Comcast by telling them you were going to cancel?

Device(s)
    Evo
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO Premium 500 FTW
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I started getting deals a few years ago when Comcast first started offering Triple Play. And honestly, that wasn't my intention, I just wanted to complain. They made this big deal about Triple Play and did a big press release along with lots of advertising. And then down on the bottom in very fine print, of course it says its only available for new Comcast customers and whatever else is in the fine print.

I looked online and found an email for the persons name that was on the press release. He is the Regional VP of Communications for Comcast. I complained that they always have these promotions, but they only allow them for new customers and not existing customers. And that I understand they are trying to gain new customers, but they should also try to keep their existing customers and whatever else I said. At the time, I had cable and internet with Comcast, and landline with AT&T. I wanted to port my landline to Comcast to save some $$$, I have since gotten rid of my landline as I really have no need for it anymore.

I received an email back a couple of days later. Not from him, but from someone in executive customer service in a local corporate office. She was very nice, told me that she reviewed my email, and would like to extend the Triple Play to me as an existing customer, as well a find ways to lower my bill some more. I called her, she did what she had to do to get Triple Play on my account, port my # from AT&T, as well as add every promotion that existed at the time for the services I had. The only bad thing about this, is that whatever promotions that were added on my account drop off at the end of the promotion. So, for example, if the promotion was for internet for six months at $19.99/mo, it would go to the regular price after six months. But all I had to do was email her with my account number and ask to have the promotions added to my account. I have been doing that for the past few years. Yea, kind of a pain to have to email once or twice a year to have the promotions added back on, but it saves some $$$. And honestly, I am happy with the service I get from Comcast. And I just got laid off from my job of 10 years, so I will definitely be staying on top of this now.

I currently pay about $100/mo for internet and tv. I have four tv's connected. 1 dvr, 1 HD box, 1 cable card. I've got all the channels, except the premium networks like HBO, Showtime, Starz, etc. Current promotions I have on my account are:$6.96 off Digital Preferred package for 12 months, $20 off Digital Starter Package for 12 months, $8.95 off HD DVR for 12 months, free additional outlet for 6 months - $7.50 off, $17.96 off internet for 11 months. All that is a savings of $61.37/mo.

You may not need to go this route. From what I understand, if you call and tell them you want to cancel, just like wireless, they will start offering you promotions. However, I have found it easier to have a contact with a single person that I can contact via email whenever I need to to get the promotions added back on. As far as I know, all they are able to do is add promotions to the account that expire after a certain amount of time and not do permanent reductions. YMMV.

Good luck!!!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I am at $155 for all 3 right nw. They drop you out of the triple play after 12 mos. You have to call and ask for a rebundle. If they tell you no, just call back again. Eventually you'll get someone who will set you up. Talking to a seupervisor may or may not help.

I have 3 tv's, 1 HD DVR, 1 HD box, HBO, Starz, Encore and 16Mbps internet. Long distance included with my phone.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I just got a $20.00 credit for telling them I've been a loyal customer.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by avenue
    I just got a $20.00 credit for telling them I've been a loyal customer.

How did you work that into the conversation?

Device(s)
    Lg flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have the basic starter plan and with internet and frankly I think I am being overcharged. and looking to get rid of comcast and go with nothing and find internet service with someone else. I like the plan I had for 14.00 and with that I had all the basic channels because the trap did not work outside my house and felt it was a great deal compared to what I have now. So it is time to shop around and unload comcast and for the record I work for them and I have to tell ya. The kiddies in the call centers are basically idiots who cannot verify the addresses nor the telephone numbers and cannot spell the address nor the person name or even give the right saluatations meaning Ms for mr.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by tmason68

How did you work that into the conversation?
    Oh, I don't know. I was just excited so I posted it.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by avenue
    Oh, I don't know. I was just excited so I posted it.
    Had an interesting run in with Comcast. A month or so ago I juggled some equipment around. When I got the e-mail for my bill from them this month, it was $45 too high due to a 1 time fee for not returning some piece of equipment. Two phone calls and an hour later they figured out that it was their mistake and backed out the $45.

I told them during one of my angrier moments during the call that I was gonna charge them a "one time fee" for wasting so much of my time.

Long story (relatively) short, I ended up getting another $50 off this months bill.

Of course there is probably a big red mark next to my name now, but still 50 bucks is 50 bucks.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by tmason68
    Had an interesting run in with Comcast. A month or so ago I juggled some equipment around. When I got the e-mail for my bill from them this month, it was $45 too high due to a 1 time fee for not returning some piece of equipment. Two phone calls and an hour later they figured out that it was their mistake and backed out the $45.

I told them during one of my angrier moments during the call that I was gonna charge them a "one time fee" for wasting so much of my time.

Long story (relatively) short, I ended up getting another $50 off this months bill.

Of course there is probably a big red mark next to my name now, but still 50 bucks is 50 bucks.

Awesome!

That's how you do it!

Don't worry about what 'notes' they have for your name. It doesn't matter. I got someone once, and they started reading the notes "Customer wanted.." "Customer.." "Customer.." "Customer..". It was funny. One of them was "Customer wanted more channels, but wanted to pay less money.". It was really funny listening to them. Just have fun, and be sure to thank the rep for their time.

Has anyone else had any success with deals from Comcast?

Device(s)
    Sprint: iPhone 45-32
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I went to the triple play on a special deal 2 years ago. Basically, they added unlimited phone, Showtime and Starz for the same price I was already paying (~$150) and gave me a $20 discount on top of that for 6 months. This allowed me to drop my $40+/month Verizon landline.

Now that the 2 year promotional deal is over Comcast raised my price by $55. I called them and wanted to to know what they would do for me because I was about to pull the trigger on FIOS. They backed it down to the original price for another year, and I didn't have to sign a contract. Guess I have to call them again in a year.

That said. FIOS would have been a better match for me because I really wanted 4 HD boxes and FIOS is $6 per additional HD box, while Comcast is $16. It would cost me another $32 to get to 4 digital boxes on Comcast. I would lose all the premium movie channels on FIOS but I don't really use them anyway.

It's nice that Comcast includes 2 free digital to analog adaptors, but you don't get HD or any of the higher tier digital channels nor a channel guide.

FIOS includes 40 HD channels with their $89 triple play while the Comcast $99 triple play does not includ any HD. You have to add at least $15 for HD and it goes up $10 after 12 months

The strange thing is, the HD DVR came down in price while the SD and HD boxes went up in price to the point where they are nearly the same price. According to the CSR, I can trade my SD box for an HD DVR box for like 80c more. Hard to believe, but I may try it and see what happens.
    iPhone 4S-32: Sprint SERO............Palm Pixi Plus: Page Plus ..............HP Pre3: AT&T GoPhone
    talk smart WB2YGF

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; PPC; 320x320) Opera VZW:SCH-i770)

The best part of your situation is you have a viable choice you can negotiate with. where i live the only choice besides comcast is fairpoint and a dish. blech. so i have to really bluff comcast to get anywhere. still somehow it works. haha