Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Element Mobile - Central Wisconsin

Feedback Score
    I was mearly suggesting new London as a closer location...I am a sales rep...and oddly enough I agree with you...you don't have to read over a 3rd grade level to work for customer service lol. what questions haven't I answered? give me a List questions...ill answer them. why would the contract need an opt out?? if rates don't change and coverage doesn't change and features don't change you have no right to get out of your contract. I'm so sick of people saying in these times we don't need change...my god...fall back on the economy lol...if u can't afford the bill you shouldn't have phones and by all means please switch to ATT...gsm is non existant in rural Wisconsin lol. and finally...I'm not trying to feed kool aide to anyone. I've worked for corporate Alltel...Verizon...cellcom...I have 5 years of behind the scenes experience. how did I find this forum? I googled element mobile to try to find more information just like everyone else...why did I first speak up? I saw a lot of what you were talking about...heresay...and I decided to pipe up with what factual information I had. by the way I enjoy you telling everyone who u think I am and where u think I work and that Im withholding information...nothing like an old fashioned mob with pitchforks and torches mentality lol. I'm just trying to help...that's all it is...no hidden agendas.

Device(s)
    Tritan
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score

cellphone numbers

Mitch, I was told by a vzw rep that our alltel cell numbers are locked into a trust account of some kind and if we switch to a different company we can't take our number with us. do you know anything about this?

Carrier(s)
    Alltel/Element mobile
    Feedback Score
    So, what will be the choices we as customers of Alltel, have as we change to Element, and Unknown, and until just recently, Non existent Company, That will offer Alltel contracts valid until when?
    Will Element give an Opt out, for some of us might not want to change, or follow you. Freedom of choice.
    If you can't wrap your mind around that, then try this:
    What is your favorite brand of any one item?
    If I were to offer you a no name brand, something that you have used for years, would you try it?
    If I told you it was the same drug, that might work a little different, and a different name, would you take it? Or would you question the change?

And frankly, I don't care were you live, how old you are, I already know that First you work for Element, Then you work in a Alltel store thats changing over to element, And now you have worked for Verizon as well as other Cell phone company's, and only have 5 years of experience. Also, Your Quote "why would the contract need an opt out?? if rates don't change and coverage doesn't change and features don't change you have no right to get out of your contract. Is a Salesman talking, rather naive, kinda immature.
    Like i SAID, your given rope to hang yourself with....lol

So you see, I had a choice to start with Alltel, Now, a Salesman is in a forum, telling his Idea of what may come of this change. From your quote, I'd say your telling me what to do, and what I can or cannot do. No Opt Out, no choices.

The exact thing we fear from Element doing to us, and with little information being provided from you, other than your rants, Information is the key word here, you can't understand my fear, your the guy trying to sell me on this change of ownership, policies, contractual obligations.
    What I would like to know, why did you change your employment from Cell-com, to Verizon, to Alltel??? Surely you were not promoted, for the companies you listed, they don't play well with others.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel/Element mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yes that is true, Your prefixes are held by 10 phone companies that make up Element. Even some customers that had gone to Verizon are being redirected back to alltel, for Element balked about them leaving.Those prefixes stay with Element, and you have to get another number, That's what mitch can't wrap his head around, if you have had your number for 10 years, have it as your home phone, and business phone, do you know how much change you have to do? Doctors, Cable company, friends, family, business contacts, drivers license,think of how many people and business's you would have to notify, change documents, records.

Yo Mitch, looks like not everyone wants to follow you to Element.....

Feedback Score
    Your prefixes are -not- being held by Element...they just cannot be ported to Verizon (or any other carrier not licensed and operating in your area).

You can port to US Cellular, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, Einstein (I'm too lazy to look up exactly which carriers are active in the area), but just not to Verizon (as Verizon is not active in the area).

It's the marketplace---you can fire the company after you complete your contract or pay your ETF, they can fire you after you complete your contract or by not assessing an ETF.

It's very similar to the Alltel areas acquired by ATN...they went to 1 year contracts about a year ago so they (ATN) would be able to escape any uneconomic rate plans sooner.

Feedback Score
    Motokrazy...I've tried to be nice...I've tried to provide information as I had it...I'm not trying to sell anything and I'm certainly not naive. I understand the fear and you know what...I am telling you the company policy...if nothing changes except the name you have no out...you signed a two year contract for certain services...certain coverage...certain features...for a certain price...so suck it up...and if u don't want to please god please pay your 600 dollars and go away.

As for my job history...I worked three years for Alltel...Verizon took over and their mentality twords the customers is so much different they don't care about them at all so I moved to cellcom until I moved to central Wisconsin and could resume with Alltel.

As far as hanging myself? I'm not hanging myself... I'm giving all the information I know...name change...same rate plans..same free calling...same my circle...new phones (not sure which ones)...they have not told us if or when its stopping. You're just a bitter old man who can't accept change.

Feedback Score
    Motokrazy...I've tried to be nice...I've tried to provide information as I had it...I'm not trying to sell anything and I'm certainly not naive. I understand the fear and you know what...I am telling you the company policy...if nothing changes except the name you have no out...you signed a two year contract for certain services...certain coverage...certain features...for a certain price...so suck it up...and if u don't want to please god please pay your 600 dollars and go away.

As for my job history...I worked three years for Alltel...Verizon took over and their mentality twords the customers is so much different they don't care about them at all so I moved to cellcom until I moved to central Wisconsin and could resume with Alltel.

As far as hanging myself? I'm not hanging myself... I'm giving all the information I know...name change...same rate plans..same free calling...same my circle...new phones (not sure which ones)...they have not told us if or when its stopping. You're just a bitter old man who can't accept change.

Device(s)
    Casio Rock
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Looks like Element Mobile needs "Chad" on thier side hahahahaha, See Mitch not everyone wants Element Mobile
    Squires
    FCC Radio Operator, KK1G
    NARTE Telecommunications Technician, (NCT)
    Commercial Radiotelephone Operator w/ ship radar (FCC)
    GMDSS Radio Operator / Maintainer (FCC)
    Canadian Radio Operator, VE3UPK

Feedback Score
    Again...stay in Michigan and go away.... Motokrazy....you were SOOOO keen to switch to Verizon...and now that it's Element you're pouting like a baby...if you signed a two year contract with Dish network and they sold to DirecTV would you be *****ing as much? Why not scrap all the little companies...just let the big ones run the Cellular business...ok If you aren't Verizon, ATT, Sprint, T-Mobile you aren't allowed to have a cellphone. While we're at it, let's just switch to communism and have a government run cell phone company like China....

Motokrazy I surely hope you are a small business owner...I wouldn't think you are because you have no grip on what a small business is trying to do...and if you are a small business owner I certainly hope a big conglomorate comes and takes you over. If we all had your way of thinking Microsoft wouldn't be where it was because it certainly didn't start out as a big company...but look where they are today.

I have an idea, lets start a new forum about why the Iphone sucks so bad....and why apple is having a meeting today to discuss antenna issues with their "best phone"...sold by a "huge company"...they don't always get it right...or give a damn about the customers for that matter....or maybe we could discuss why the Incredible took so long to launch because of the recall for screen issues and why the greatest company in the world Verizon recalled every one EXCEPT the first 10,000 sold...those customers are SOL....or why the company with the greatest buying power (again Verizon for the slow students) has to get knock off phones from Sprint (Blackberry Bold, Pearl Flip, Palm Pre)

You guys (Radio_Freq_VZW and Motokrazy) are dialed into the dumbest aspect of the entire wireless industry. And you know what...yes I'm ranting now because everyone is writing this company off before they are willing to give it a chance for success.

Feedback Score
    Last of my rant posts. I stand behind this company because I've seen the great things it has done in the short time it's been around. Every single tower im the Element market has been converted from 1xrtt to EVDO so we can have increased 3G/4G Data speeds everywhere...They launched a $100 courtesy credit for the customers who ported out to come back....they have waived activation fees....and they are responsible for launching the only Android device Alltel has seen...they are also responsible for the Android devices that are coming. They aren't Verizon, but they are trying and that's enough to gain my respect.

Feedback Score
    The good thing is that if Element sucks they will lose there customers fast. You can't really change plans or perks that customers are used to. I was hoping to be switched to Verizon for the phone selection and Alltel just finally got the HTC hero....wtf? Will Element provide something like the HTC incredible or am I stuck with the fragile Blackberry?

Feedback Score
    I have no idea if they will offer the incredible...all I know is that more smartphones (androids) are coming. Basically all they have said is...more androids are coming...but they haven't said which ones. Keep in mind the phone selection really isn't Element's fault because once Alltel became basically null-in-void they stopping buying new phones for their remaining stores.

Of course if element sucks they will lose customers...Cellcom and US Cellular will pick them up because in the Element area that's all that will work...ATT is VERY spotty...Sprint is practically non-existant, T-Mobile hasn't made it this far and Verizon isn't an option. It's almost like in this part of Wisconsin the merger never happened because before the merger you also could not get Verizon in this area.

It's going to be interesting to see how things shake out...I only rant and rave about giving them a chance. They certainly aren't starting a business to lose customers and like I pointed out in my previous post, they are starting out on the right foot by offering incentives and upgrading the towers. Of course incentives come and go but the towers were the most important part. In this area it was basically 1xRtt and now every tower has EVDO capabilities which will allow them to have a competitive network speed wise. So when you're on the "borrowed" Verizon towers and you slip back to the Element Mobile towers you won't notice a speed decrease. Speedtest.net has an Android app to do speed tests and I'm routinely pulling in the mid 2's for uploads and low 1's for downloads which is really nice.

Feedback Score
    Mitch, can you answer these questions?

1)Once I have gone out of contract and am using my service month to month, am i going to be able to go month to month as long as I want? Or will I be forced to make a decision to go to Element Mobile's plans eventually? Or unknown at this point?

2)If my Alltel phone breaks (with no insurance) while I am still under my contract (but now belong to Element Mobile), will I have to go find an Alltel phone somewhere to make the line work? Or do I have to buy an Element Mobile phone to replace it? What about after I am out of contract and going month to month (assuming Element mobile allows me to) would the replacement I find/buy have to be Alltel then?

3)What are the plans going to be? I think the plans and pricing has everyone anxious the most.

and just a point that i have noticed... from what I can see, Sprint doesn't have non-exhistant coverage here. There is 3G coverage in Rapids, Nekoosa, Stevens Point, Marshfield, all along highway 94 and 39. The rest of the area Sprint has deals with other companies like Verizon, US cellular, etc to pick up the signal on Sprint's behalf. Their coverage map shows voice and data roaming in Adams and Juneau county..and as I understand that means the signal still works there. Their (Sprint) coverage map shows limitations in the kind of data they (Adams, juneau) get. Plus Sprint told me if you use their phones more than half your talk time or over 300 MB of data in those areas, you would have your service cut. But it doesn't look non-exhistant to me.

Feedback Score
    Jimterry,

From what I have been told the transition is going to operate much like the VZW transition did...as long as you keep your equipment or keep replacing your equipment with used phones you will be grandfathered in as a month by month user with the same features you have currently. Of course if they do end up developing their own plan set which is almost inevitable, I would imagine that once you take the sale price on a new phone you would switch to the Element plans much like with VZW. Believe me, as soon as I get an announcement of what the plans and rates will be I will be prompt with the information, we just haven't seen anything yet....most likely due to this transition still being 4-6 months out.

As for your second and third question I think I answered both of those in the first paragraph too lol. As far as "Element" phones go, they are still going to be Alltel phones, the same lineup is going to exist, it's just that after the transition, the new phones will say Element on them.

You're right about sprint....they do cover the major highways, it's just the rural areas that they don't have much success with. My father lives in Waupaca and has a Sprint phone and it doesn't work...in fact it doesn't work in Stevens Point really either...it's pretty touch and go. They're plans are pretty phenominally priced....just coverage wise is spotty.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Here's a question for you (Anyone that can answer)

I have an alltel phone with my home service in Stevens Point. I now live in Madison for the UW and work. I roam off Verizon towers mostly with the new PRL's that have been around. My question(s) is(are):

What's Element's roaming policy?

I'm rarely back home in Point or Rapids, and make 99.9% of my calls OFF Element towers. Do I need to worry about an excessive roaming action?
    This Verizon/Alltel merger has become a giant "Jump to Conclusions!" mat. We don't know what's going to happen, and when we do, I'm sure we'll all be surprised.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast